NON-AGGRESSION PACT: The Interplanetary Defense Pact (IDP)

ESUS Senate Resolutions rejected by the alliance.
Argheraal
The Mindset's Bitch
Prefix: The Second Imperium Of
Name: Central Facehuggeria

Post by Argheraal »

Quite so..

Remember, this is a non agression pact.. they wont be putting space stations within our borders..

I should clarify, if something like that happened, ESUS top brass should investigate first the reasons for such an attack and then plan a suitable retaliation.

Weapons activation is not instantaneous, it takes time.. if we are to accept non allied warships within our stations we should keep sensors trained on them to detect such an acurrence, give one warning, if unheeded then green light to shoot ship.

This means that non allied ships (hell, even allied) entering our space should go in without shields or weapons active, those disregarding should be given one warning, depending on the situation maybe two.. after that, well, lead starts flying.

Belonging to another alliance will, sooner or later, be cause of conflict. Remember: You cannot serve two Masters :wink:

Argheraal Signs.
Join Now! And See The Universe Today!
And If You Are Lucky, Tomorrow Too!
Akrosia
The Mindset's Bitch

Post by Akrosia »

Perhaps, I know it takes time to power up heavy weapons, but some can be activated almost instantly, such as anti-fighter cannons or non-energy projectile weapons. My strategy? Deactivate all heavy weapons, enter base, open fire with light weapons to take out internal defenses, while powering up heavy weapons, when they're ready, let 'em rip. Absolute slaughter. It'd be a great way to launch a war. Dock ships on enemy front-line stations, simultaneously attack them, send massive armada through gap. Federation admirals are already running defense scenarios for such an occurance.
-All messages approved by the Federation Chairman
Central Facehuggeria
Site Admin
Prefix: The Second Imperium of

Post by Central Facehuggeria »

Anti fighter cannons are unlikely to do much damage to a shipyard, even its defensive turrets. Kinetic energy weapons (such as railguns) still take time to load, and then they have to turn into position, and that takes precious seconds which a suitible defensive arrangement could use to vaporize the enemy ships.
Metallinauts
Prefix: The
Name: Metallinautsi Federation

Post by Metallinauts »

I agree with Argheeral we cannot go around declaring war especially if we are members of a non-agression pact.
Argheraal
The Mindset's Bitch
Prefix: The Second Imperium Of

Post by Argheraal »

Exactly.. it is a Non-Agression Pact.. meaning that they (or we for that matter) wont attack without due reason, we are not going to be allies.. it is just a fence between neighbours to keep things civil

Diplomatic solutions will have to be found, if the attacking Nation did attack without regard as to what his alliance thought, then that Nation will have to face the consequences of Its actions, from both sides of the signers of the pact, from his alliance refusing to help him, and from the offended nation plus allies wanting to get bloody with the attacker.

EDIT:
Hmm.. i had an idea just now.. How about small transit stations for receiving non-allied ships with shuttles to transport diplomats and such to the alliance main stations?
In this way we keep them from launching a surpirse attack and we have time to retaliate.
Join Now! And See The Universe Today!
And If You Are Lucky, Tomorrow Too!
Five Civilized Nations
Mecha Maniac

Post by Five Civilized Nations »

Well, ICly, my nation maintains a doctrine of ripping the hell out of whoever attempts to enter my territory without authorization, no matter who, unless if they're from my two neighbors, Draconis Nightcrawlis and Euroslavia.

Considering that some 90% of my fleet is based entirely in my territory, I wouldn't suggest attempting to run through the blockade...

If you want to come to the Five Civilized Nations, talk to a 5CN embassy near you...
Member of the ESUS
Former Member of the GDA
Founding Member of the IADF (Dissolved)

Member of the APTO
Member of the CAP

Member of the OPM
Member of NATO

Member of NWO
Member of the LoD

5CN on Wiki
Great services are not canceled by one act or by one single error."--Benjamin Disraeli
Klonor
Prefix: The Imperial Regency of
Name: Otagia

Post by Klonor »

Okay, two points:

The whole "someone else builds a base in your territory" thing is only for IDP members. If you're not in the IDP, then it doesn't effect you. Modern day example: You live in England and drive on the left side of the road. In American the law says you drive on the right. You are not arrested for driving on the wrong side of the road, since Ameircan law is not the law in England.

You have every right to blow up any ship that enters your territory without your permission. This treaty doesn't prevent that, and the IDP will not attack you for it. The Interplanetary Defense Pact may only commence attacks against another nation if that nation has already militarily forced its way into a member nations territory, and even then only after a 2/3 vote. The vote itself will only happen if the attacking nation (meaning whoever is fighting the IDP member) does not halt its attack after they are forced out of the IDP members territory.

All this treaty means is that you will not purposefully seak out a war with IDP members and that you shall try to avoid one shall such a situation arise.
Wormia
Uber-Ancients
Prefix: The Grand Imperial Dominion of
Name: Penguenia

Post by Wormia »

The Federated Stellar Republics of Wormia is mostly in favor of the concept of this alliance, and overall feels that a treaty preventing war between the ESUS and the IDF is an almost necessary call for the two respective alliances. Heaven only knows the firepower each alliance holds could send multiiple galaxies back to the stone age, and could result in trillions of innocent dead.

This being said, the Federated Stellar Republics will be the first to say that most inter-alliance qualms would be disputed as one nation against another.

However, as the venerated union of Skeelzania has wisely pointed out, instances in history force us to remember that alliances have not always been helpful. Perhaps the most illustrious example of this is the First World War.

The Federated Stellar Republics of Wormia currently will vote nay, however, until the draft is worded properly so as to give ESUS rights equivalent to those of the IDF. Currently, the draft seems a bit light on IDF restrictions, and the simple wording of the treaty simply begs for a nation to loophole its way to attack.
The Federated Stellar Republics of Wormia
Chancellor George Thomas IV
View Wormia Here
Wormian Military Craft and Technology Specifications

"Nations have no friends, only interests."
Five Civilized Nations
Mecha Maniac

Post by Five Civilized Nations »

The Five Civilized Nations concurs with the arguments put forth by the nation of Wormia. The Five Civilized Nations possesses a relatively isolated empire a long way from Earth. Any communication between the Sol System and the Five Civilized Nations, unless it functions like the Holonet in Star Wars will take some time... Therefore, the Five Civilized Nations does not believe in the validity of the Interplanetary Defense Pact. Any aggression against the Five Civilized Nations will be sudden and without warning... If the Five Civilized Nations cannot stop such an invasion, then the Five Civilized Nations will no longer exist...

Therefore, the Five Civilized Nations will not and never participate in the Interplanetar Defense Pact...
Member of the ESUS
Former Member of the GDA
Founding Member of the IADF (Dissolved)

Member of the APTO
Member of the CAP

Member of the OPM
Member of NATO

Member of NWO
Member of the LoD

5CN on Wiki
Great services are not canceled by one act or by one single error."--Benjamin Disraeli
Metallinauts
Prefix: The
Name: Metallinautsi Federation

Post by Metallinauts »

We agree with Wormia as well and Retract our former vote to nay. Until we see the changes listed by my esteemed friends of 5CN and Wormia we will vote down all treaties of this calibur.