An Amendment to Increase the Democracy within the ESUS

ESUS Senate Resolutions rejected by the alliance.

For or Against this Amendment?

Total votes: 0

Neo-Kalandria
ESUS Teletubby Fan

An Amendment to Increase the Democracy within the ESUS

Post by Neo-Kalandria »

An Amendment to Increase the Democracy within the Restored Extra Solar Union of Systems

Recent events have made clear to several member worlds that executive power within our alliance is at an all time high. This realization has brought to the fore front a deepening concern that the Alliance does indeed place too much power on the executive forces, effectively bypassing those who make up the alliance itself.

These doubts have materialized in the following events:

The Attempted Amendment of the Constitution by the Prime

The Establishment of the Ejection Courtroom

Understanding the lack of Democratic Rights within the Alliance, the Colonial Imperia of Neo-Kalandria proposes the following amendments to the Constitution of the Restored Extra Solar Union of Systems, as permitted in Section 5, A of the Constitution.

I. Amendments to Section V of the Constitution:

Henceforth, Any new institutions within the ESUS shall formally be presented to the body of the Alliance, assembled in full, within The Courts. The body shall then vote on proposed institution, and with a majority vote of 2/3, the proposed institution shall be passed.

Henceforth, Should any institution found to be unnecessary, corrupt, or of ill behavior, a vote of 2/3 shall be enough to disestablish said constitution.

Henceforth, All federal positions within the ESUS shall be subject to the above clause.

II. Reversal of the ESUS Ejection Courtroom

Henceforth, As the ESUS Ejection Courtroom was established without any sort of popular approval, the ESUS Ejection Courtroom and the ESUS Executioner shall be disestablished.

Henceforth, The ESUS Ejection Courtroom may be reestablished if approved by a popular vote of 2/3.

Henceforth, To prevent the abuse of the powers of ejection, all trials of Ejection shall be handled by the Senior Directors, not an account created out of cowardice to face fellow nations.

Henceforth, Any charges brought against a member world to warrant ejection, must be supported with evidence of the strongest kind.

Henceforth, To ensure the validity of the evidence supplied, the identity of the member nation whom proposes ejection of another member is to be declared at the beginning of every trial.

Henceforth, If a member is found to have attempted to eject another for personal reasons and/or gain, they are subject to instant impeachment, and a vote will be held for said removal from the ESUS

The Colonial Imperia of Neo-Kalandria formally submits this to the Courts of the ESUS, and sincerely hopes that this motion will be passed

Signed,
The Imperia Council
The Mindset
Prefix: Den interstellera republik av
Name: The Mindset

Post by The Mindset »

If you read the constitution you would know that ejection is part of punishment for godmodding. The ejection courtroom is simply an organised place for these to take place.
Penguenia
ESUS Testicle Monster

Post by Penguenia »

Every ESUS member holds a seat in the Senate, and can call for the removal of members of the Alliance and the Directorate at any time. Also, the ESUS Ejection Courtroom has been there for as long as this forum of debate has been alive, and when announced was greeted by apathetic welcome. Penguenia finds these amendments are unnecessary.
Penguenia
Blademasters
Site Admin

Post by Blademasters »

The Attempted Amendment of the Constitution by the Prime

The Establishment of the Ejection Courtroom
the Ejection Courtroom has always been here... we just hide it from plainfolks' view when its not in use. and the whole amendment thing was just to advance one of Mindset's many plots.
"The Avalanche has already started. It is too late for the pebbles to vote."
-The Vorlons

"Great Spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds"
-Albert Einstein

"Few people realize that the line between sanity and insanity is actually made of cheese." -Anonymous

"If you need a subspace transceiver to radio your engine room, you might be wanking"
-Capsule Corp
Neo-Kalandria
ESUS Teletubby Fan

Post by Neo-Kalandria »

Aye, but ICly, it fit in. Also, there are other parts to this Amendment besides those that people are talking about, such as evidence etc.
Kanuckistan
ESUS Testicle Monster

Post by Kanuckistan »

ESUS Ejection Courtroom, Courtroom Rules wrote: Note: Failure to follow these rules will result in all future votes by you being declared VOID.

3. Do not EVER reveal your vote.
4. Do not EVER debate the results/voting progress in any other sections of the forum.
Being semi-relivent, I'm going to state here that these 3 above 'rules' really bug me; in fact, they're illegal - rules for alliance members secretly imposed. Hell, the 'note' part, in voiding member's vote, goes directly against the alliance's principals.

The ejection courtroom is undeniably useful, but is more than a simple forum as illistrated above, and therefor should first be subject to vote by members.
The Emperor Fenix
ESUS Teletubby Fan

Post by The Emperor Fenix »

i do want to know if the exequitioner voted against JJR...

>>
<<
>>

thatd be cheating
"Fight? I cannot. I do not care if I live of die, so long as I can rest."
Jangle Jangle Ridge
Pseudo-member

Post by Jangle Jangle Ridge »

The Emperor Fenix wrote:i do want to know if the exequitioner voted against JJR...

>>
<<
>>

thatd be cheating
I would tell you why, but it'd be obscene, and get me banned. I'm just confused how he kept a straight face saying it, while CERTAIN members of the ESUS are posting in the same thread...
'Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one' Albert Einstein, man of the big brain.

I'm the ESUS member most capable of ingesting a sock! Weeee!

ThePsychopathicOddling@gmail.com

CF is my saviour!
Central Facehuggeria
Site Admin
Prefix: The Second Imperium of
Name: Central Facehuggeria

Post by Central Facehuggeria »

Don't look at me. I haven't touched the executioner since Arenumberg tried to request a different scenario.

Nope, as far as I know, the executioner didn't vote. Although I may be wrong about that.
"Please tell me that you haven't heard military gossip about a fleet of invisible battleplates."
Klonor
Prefix: The Imperial Regency of
Name: Otagia

Post by Klonor »

I checked yesterday whether or not he'd voed in JJR's impeachment and he hadn't, but I don't know if it is still the same.
[Archival Note] Votes lost in migration. Final tally:
For: 29% [ 5 ]
Against: 64% [ 11 ]
Abstain: 5% [ 1 ]

Motion failed.
Official ESUS Spam-shaped Random Jackass
Klonor Small Nation Store
Klonor Weaponry Store
Klonor Defense Force