Proposal of Moderate Interest

ESUS Senate Resolutions rejected by the alliance.

Should we?

Yea
35%
Nay
45%
Abstain
10%
Myrth
No votes
Castrate Facehugger!!!!111!!!11!
10%

Total votes: 20

Kreshh
ESUS Danza Slap

Proposal of Moderate Interest

Post by Kreshh »

So this morning an idea occurred to me, as idea's often do. I was getting ready to dismiss it promptly, as just another one of the ridiculous thoughts that plague my mind when I thought, "wait a minute... this might not actually be that ridiculous."

Then I thought about it some more and realized that... yes… yes it was; but before I discard it entirely I thought I'd run it past my fellows at ESUS. Who, if nothing else, might get a kick out of mocking me without mercy. So here it is:

Should we at ESUS consider the creation of a combined fleet.

Not just an amalgam of our standing armadas mind you, we already have that... I'm talking about a joint effort to commission and deploy a new fleet of warships which would be staffed by personnel from all our nations and would employ the best of our combined technological prowess.

Naturally there would have to be previsions made for certain nations, such as Othranar, whose physical properties would prevent direct participation. However, in such cases I'm confident that other means of contribution can be found. For instance the Othranar's psionic/communal nature and ability to survive in the vacuum of space would no doubt make them excellent shipbuilders.

Anyway... your thoughts?
The Othranar
ESUS Teletubby Fan

Re: Proposal of Moderate Interest

Post by The Othranar »

I am very for this. It just screams "Uber Fleet of Doom" to me.

It is true that the Othranar might not be able to participate as directly in the combat area of the fleet, but they would make excellent maintanence staff and, as you mentioned, as ship builders (Transmutation tech + planet-killing + Othranarian single-mindedness = damned fast ship building/building in general).

But this need not be the end of my involvement. Othranar could also make effective comm officers, engineering officers (if Othranar are used as maintanence personel the mental properties will allow for immediate and accurate reports of problems). Other uses may be available, I just probably haven't realized it.

To this end, I'd probably be giving up several thousand Siafu and a few Kitori, but all odds are it wouldn't be a loss I'd even notice. There are always more.
It's not a cookie. It's art.
The Terranites
ESUS Teletubby Fan

Post by The Terranites »

I can dig it
Metallinauts
Prefix: The
Name: Metallinautsi Federation

Post by Metallinauts »

No, it is against the ESUS Constitution. To have acombined fleet would require a head of said fleet. Creating an ESUS Chain of command, which is anti-ESUS in itself.
The Othranar
ESUS Teletubby Fan

Post by The Othranar »

Metallinauts wrote:No, it is against the ESUS Constitution. To have acombined fleet would require a head of said fleet. Creating an ESUS Chain of command, which is anti-ESUS in itself.
I disagree. The ESUS fleet could be a entity in itself, directed only by a decision by the ESUS senate. In other words, the admiral of the fleet would not have any specific loyalty to any one nation but to the ESUS itself (immediately counting out my people :P). No ESUS chain of command would be necessary.

Of course, this has all sorts of problems with it, like the near-impossibility of finding a suitable candidate for this. But that could make for all sorts of interesting plots and possibly the spark of a second ESUS civil war (Possibly being the fleet commander trying to seize power).

OOC I like the story possibilities and the massive ESUS fleet presence.
IC the Othranar are power hungry sons of bitches and seek to gain it through the ESUS
Oh and IC... this specific approach wasn't my idea.
It's not a cookie. It's art.
Siesatia
ESUS Testicle Monster
Prefix: The Unified Worlds of
Name: Siesatia

Post by Siesatia »

The IUSS Attempted something like this, might I suggest that if we want to do this we take elements from that, as it was actually fairly successful in management, we just never got around to the actual combat part...
Dear god... No more 5 year old Signature...

Proud ESUS Member since '04
Penguenia
ESUS Testicle Monster

Post by Penguenia »

Metallinauts wrote:No, it is against the ESUS Constitution. To have acombined fleet would require a head of said fleet. Creating an ESUS Chain of command, which is anti-ESUS in itself.
This is incorrect. Way back when, we did have an ESUS fleet. It still exists, because no one has destroyed it or roleplayed dismantling it. It protects the ESUS stuff in the Rosette Nebula.

Wormia used to be the head of said fleet, as I recall.
Penguenia
Kreshh
ESUS Danza Slap

Post by Kreshh »

I suppose we could elect a 'supreme allied commander' of sorts, and then simply alternate between RPs. It wouldn't be all that different from what we're doing now, what with CF commanding alpha and so on.
I've only ever asked God for one thing: "Lord, make my enemies ridiculous," and he granted my request.

My immediate advice is to go buy Brewsters. It is a dictionary, and a quite fine one. This you should use to bludgeon yourself comatose each and every night, in the faint hope that some of the knowledge contained in it might be transferred. If not, it would at least leave you damaged enough that you wouldn't be coming here and violate our senses with your retarded babble.
Metallinauts
Prefix: The
Name: Metallinautsi Federation

Post by Metallinauts »

No.....

We have shipyards. We tried to make a fleet but it was struck down for the reason thaqt I gave. Wormia was Chief of Fleet Command Opeations or something. Which mean that he suggested a fleet stragem and had to have it approved by the senate.
Penguenia
ESUS Testicle Monster

Post by Penguenia »

Metallinauts wrote:No.....

We have shipyards. We tried to make a fleet but it was struck down for the reason thaqt I gave. Wormia was Chief of Fleet Command Opeations or something. Which mean that he suggested a fleet stragem and had to have it approved by the senate.
"Wrong!" - Kevin Spacey

We had an ESUS fleet back when the alliance was created. It was made up from several nations' donations, and included several space stations. The fleet was never used and forgotten (obviously). Now, there's no way to prove this, because the posts are gone, but it happened.
Penguenia