Proposal of Moderate Interest

ESUS Senate Resolutions rejected by the alliance.

Should we?

Yea
35%
Nay
45%
Abstain
10%
Myrth
No votes
Castrate Facehugger!!!!111!!!11!
10%

Total votes: 20

Metallinauts
Prefix: The
Name: Metallinautsi Federation

Post by Metallinauts »

I remember planning to do that, but I don't recall actually going through with it.
Penguenia
ESUS Testicle Monster

Post by Penguenia »

It was never really roleplayed, because it wasn't used. Ever.
Penguenia
Kreshh
ESUS Danza Slap

Post by Kreshh »

Penguenia wrote:It was never really roleplayed, because it wasn't used. Ever.
If true this is conceivably the plans greatest detriment. Though also one which could be easily remedied with a little effort.

Woohoo! 111 posts! Oh, wait… oops… :(
I've only ever asked God for one thing: "Lord, make my enemies ridiculous," and he granted my request.

My immediate advice is to go buy Brewsters. It is a dictionary, and a quite fine one. This you should use to bludgeon yourself comatose each and every night, in the faint hope that some of the knowledge contained in it might be transferred. If not, it would at least leave you damaged enough that you wouldn't be coming here and violate our senses with your retarded babble.
Penguenia
ESUS Testicle Monster

Post by Penguenia »

Anyhow, a new, roleplayed ESUS will be shot down in the senate. Normally, I'd call anyone against it some unpleasant words, and tell them that they were boring, but I agree with the non-creation of a new fleet. The ESUS is too big for it, and it would be outrageously undefeatable.
Penguenia
Torontonias
ESUS Danza Slap

Post by Torontonias »

Also, as much as I hate sounding like a horribly old elitist member, I do have to state.

Before You joined (Minus Peng and Metallinauts) the idea of an intensive ESUS-Centralization that included the expansion and maintenance of a ESUS-wide fleet which would protect all member nations brought internal strife and turmoil, we went so far as to fight a Civil War over it that almost brought the demise of the Alliance itself.

So no, I'd be voting against it in the Senate, and I don't know how many people you'd be able to convince otherwise. I mean this in the friendliest of ways mind you, but still.
Central Facehuggeria
Site Admin
Prefix: The Second Imperium of
Name: Central Facehuggeria

Post by Central Facehuggeria »

The only combined military force that the Facehuggerians would support in the senate would be the small and highly mobile kind, an elite direct action force which can deploy to safeguard ESUS interests within hours.

Naturally, such a fleet could not, by necessity be large at all.
"Please tell me that you haven't heard military gossip about a fleet of invisible battleplates."
Otagia
ESUS Testicle Monster

Post by Otagia »

...Unless QUETZAL controls it. :D

I think I offered a new AI for the IUSS, by the name of GAEA, IIRC. Essentially QUETZAL but programmed to protect all IUSS peeps. And no PRA failsafes, I swear.
Stercus stercus stercus Moriturus Sum
Arizona Nova
GENTLEMEN, BEHOLD!
Prefix: The Reconstituted Kingdom
Name: Arizona Nova

Post by Arizona Nova »

Are you talking about saying "ah heck" with the current Alpha-Beta-Gamma arrangement in the war or is this a permanent solution?

At any rate, how this fleet would be raised is of concern. There are many paths that could be taken and all have their drawbacks; and this is ignoring the elephant trying to hide in the room which is the issue of centralization IC and the amount of IC goings-ons the ESUS will require OOC. I'm still of the persuasion that the ESUS's laissez-faire IC-ness is the major factor in the success of the alliance.

At any rate, if we raised a fleet, I think it should be done in a manner that is not standing - i.e., what we've been doing, but with far more organization. This will give us the ability to have that organized system but not centralize the ESUS. The idea of electing supreme allied commanders (on a per-war basis, mind) also sounds like a fairly good one.

The OOC mechanisms are what is critical though. Looking at the ESUS-GFFA war, I would think the primary reason it has ground to a halt is that people that were very active at the outset had something come up, and people that renewed activity in the middle felt left out. Thus, next time such an oppurtunity arises, before rushing in to volunteer we should post out relative schedules - nothing detailed, just marking days as "busy" or not - and then having the commander figure out which nations should try to do what, when, based on the time they could conceivably give to the war. This way, outside of unforeseen circumstances, nations that would be otherwise critical in planning are not going to have to suddenly drop out (or at least, they're dropping out will be planned for). Even if one WANTS to do a lot, if they're busy a lot they should be relegated to the back in terms of their importance to the war.

In the case that someone is up to bat to post and they don't, I also think that the Supreme Allied Commander should be able to grant "override" powers to someone else to do the job if they are in a position where they can. The attack against Xanthal was stalled many days while both The Mindset and Xanthal waited impatiently on Indra. If this system had been in place the situation could have been resolved very quickly. This also goes for nations which are just due to post; if they can't or don't, their fleet is automatically assumed to be moving and attacking with everyone else's; if they don't like that, tough shit, they shouldn't have signed up.
Central Facehuggeria wrote:The only combined military force that the Facehuggerians would support in the senate would be the small and highly mobile kind, an elite direct action force which can deploy to safeguard ESUS interests within hours.

Naturally, such a fleet could not, by necessity be large at all.
What are we going to put into it, though? Our largest ships? This might not go over too well. Our smaller ships are going to be hard pressed against certain nations as well.

Whatever we do, the most important thing we should attempt in this fleet is to make no nation strategically invaluable to the attack. Thus, a nation dropping out shouldn't leave an attack toothless.
[center]Wit ye well, that when no good men remain to stand against those who choose evil, what will remain to restrain them from unleashing their dark designs?[/center]
~Anikar

{Back Burner}
Tarot
ESUS Teletubby Fan

Post by Tarot »

Nay. This would mean I'm actually obligated to protect you guys, instead of just pretending there aren't any nearby Tradeships.

What? I'm an asshole. You all knew that already. And since when does the ESUS do anything but initiate conflict, anyway?

On a (slightly) more serious note, I still say no, as it really doesn't fit in with the ideals of the constitution, even if it has been (misguidedly) tried before.
Arizona Nova
GENTLEMEN, BEHOLD!
Prefix: The Reconstituted Kingdom
Name: Arizona Nova

Post by Arizona Nova »

Tarot wrote:Nay. This would mean I'm actually obligated to protect you guys, instead of just pretending there aren't any nearby Tradeships.

What? I'm an asshole. You all knew that already. And since when does the ESUS do anything but initiate conflict, anyway?

On a (slightly) more serious note, I still say no, as it really doesn't fit in with the ideals of the constitution, even if it has been (misguidedly) tried before.
Yes, I believe a STANDING fleet would conflict with the constitution, but a convention IC and OOC on the operations of an alliance wartime fleet would be wise, and would help prevent snafus from happening whenever the alliance goes to war.

And iMove to The Courts, where it belongs. And I fixed your poll, it was damnably broke. :P
Last edited by Slipknaut on Thu Jul 27, 2006 8:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
[center]Wit ye well, that when no good men remain to stand against those who choose evil, what will remain to restrain them from unleashing their dark designs?[/center]
~Anikar

{Back Burner}