Question

Non-ESUS members may register and post here to ask questions about the ESUS or establish embassies.
Thrashia
The Mindset's Bitch
Prefix: The
Name: Myenyan Collective

Question

Post by Thrashia »

Allanea sent me a telegram today. I would have explanations as to why ESUS believes it has some sort of hold or claim to the SW galaxy.
"You served too long under Lord Vader, Captain. I have no qualms about accepting a useful idea merely because it wasn't my own. My position and ego are not at stake here."
-Grand Admiral Thrawn
Capsule Corporation
SHINY
Prefix: The Raysian Incarnation of the
Name: Capsule Corporation

Re: Question

Post by Capsule Corporation »

Answer:

Why not? It's not like anyone on NS created it or possesses the rights to it... heck, most of us have to stretch to agree they even exist concurrently with us.

It's a whole galaxy, why can't we claim a few stars there?

Also, you might be talking about this:

http://map.esusalliance.co.uk/index.php?view=SWG

The above is the map of the "Star Wars Galaxy," open for anyone to mark their territory as they have it in NS. This was an addition onto the original map:
http://map.esusalliance.co.uk/index.php
which gives anyone free access to add their MWG territories wherever they want.
DESTROY US ALL!!! DESTROY US ALL!!! DESTROY US ALL!!!
Telros
ESUS Danza Slap
Prefix: The Dominion of
Name: Telros

Post by Telros »

It gives free access to a place they have no PRECEDENT as to having ANYTHING in it. US brought the SWG into being and controlled it with himself and his Galactic Empire alliance. That broke down and Thrashia formed a new one. US still controls the galaxy itself, while the new GE under Thrashia controls the Unknown Regions. Thus, anyone who doesn't have precedent and can explain their claims, like Wick or Coreworlds, or doesn't ask those in the new GE can't claim ANYTHING.

You can't just suddenly decide, "OH HEY FREE SPACE, I WILL SUDDENLY HAVE COLONIES IN THE SWG THAT WERE NEVER BEFORE."
Pyramid Facehugger would be fucking brutal. I don't know if I'll ever get to sleep with the thought of that genocidal rape behemoth rampaging through the large-eyed schoolgirls swimming in a sea of biceps that populate my subconscious.

Oh you're starving? WELL FUCK YOU THEN, HADUKEN!
-- Proof that the Old Testament God was a dick.
The Mindset
Prefix: Den interstellera republik av
Name: The Mindset

Post by The Mindset »

Telros wrote:It gives free access to a place they have no PRECEDENT as to having ANYTHING in it. US brought the SWG into being and controlled it with himself and his Galactic Empire alliance. That broke down and Thrashia formed a new one. US still controls the galaxy itself, while the new GE under Thrashia controls the Unknown Regions. Thus, anyone who doesn't have precedent and can explain their claims, like Wick or Coreworlds, or doesn't ask those in the new GE can't claim ANYTHING.

You can't just suddenly decide, "OH HEY FREE SPACE, I WILL SUDDENLY HAVE COLONIES IN THE SWG THAT WERE NEVER BEFORE."
There seems to be some confusion over my implementation of the Star Wars Galaxy. By including this galaxy I, nor the ESUS as a whole, lay claim to it. This map is designed to be completely open - it is regulated by other players, not me, not the ESUS. I have no control over who places systems or where they place them (and I'd rather not get involved in petty territorial disputes). I leave it up to those who choose to use my map to sort it out amongst themselves.

If you do not wish to recognise the validity of my map, that's your preogative. Otherwise, you are welcome - just as welcome as anyone else - to use the map and plot your claimed territories.
Arizona Nova
GENTLEMEN, BEHOLD!
Prefix: The Reconstituted Kingdom
Name: Arizona Nova

Post by Arizona Nova »

Thrashia wrote:Allanea sent me a telegram today. I would have explanations as to why ESUS believes it has some sort of hold or claim to the SW galaxy.
The ESUS as a whole has staked no claim to the SW galaxy; we've simply included a map for it in our galactic map. Some members have apparently plopped down worlds that aren't in canon on there; perhaps in bad taste, but for places like the unknown regions or the Outer Rim, not entirely out of the realm of possibility. I myself pegged down the Abbaji system, but in defference to the claims of the GE and whatever successor Sith has made, I left control of it as "disputed." I've been hoping the GE would place itself on parts of the map solely because newer players are bound to see it, and put down stakes on SW canon worlds, not knowing about the GE themselves.
[center]Wit ye well, that when no good men remain to stand against those who choose evil, what will remain to restrain them from unleashing their dark designs?[/center]
~Anikar

{Back Burner}
Thrashia
The Mindset's Bitch

Post by Thrashia »

I'm not meaning to sound accusing, which I apologize for. I was merely curious and a bit alarmed at first. I'll see to it that the Unknown Regions of the map are populated with New GE worlds. Thank you for the explanation.
"You served too long under Lord Vader, Captain. I have no qualms about accepting a useful idea merely because it wasn't my own. My position and ego are not at stake here."
-Grand Admiral Thrawn
The Mindset
Prefix: Den interstellera republik av
Name: The Mindset

Post by The Mindset »

Don't worry about it :)
Kanuckistan
ESUS Testicle Monster

Post by Kanuckistan »

For the record, I do have a system in the SWG - Kyoto, which I took from Coreworlds a few years ago while assisting another ESUS member in a conflict with him.
Telros
ESUS Danza Slap
Prefix: The Dominion of
Name: Telros

Post by Telros »

@Kanuck: That's fine, you have a precedent.

@Mindset: I was replying to Raysia, none of that is at you. I didn't suspect you of doing anything, nor ESUS. I was merely saying what the players were doing now that you had provided the resource and do what they do whenever free space is offered. Either rush in to claim in unreasonable time frames or claim stuff that wasn't there before suddenly is.
Pyramid Facehugger would be fucking brutal. I don't know if I'll ever get to sleep with the thought of that genocidal rape behemoth rampaging through the large-eyed schoolgirls swimming in a sea of biceps that populate my subconscious.

Oh you're starving? WELL FUCK YOU THEN, HADUKEN!
-- Proof that the Old Testament God was a dick.
Thrashia
The Mindset's Bitch

Post by Thrashia »

One last thing...where is all the IC RP to back up these claims? Anyone have links? I'd like to read them.
-Grand Admiral Thrawn