Kostemetsia
ESUS Spambot
Prefix: The Commonwealth of
Name: Kostemetsia

Re: Fail

Post by Kostemetsia »

NO OS FEUDS PLZKTHX K?!
[center]Image
God hasn't played dice with the universe since that fateful drunken night when he lost classical mechanics to the devil at craps.[/center]
Zerstorendar
ESUS Hot Lunch
Prefix: The Mannlich Imperium of
Name: Zerstorendar

Post by Zerstorendar »

Then your an idiot.
http://www.encyclopediadramatica.com/HA_HA_HA%2C_OH_WOW

XP is more stable than Vista and more compatible with the millions of programs a modern nerd (ie. everyone) uses on a regular basis. Those who disagree are the proverbial PS3 fans to Wii/XBOXHUEG.
Arizona Nova
GENTLEMEN, BEHOLD!
Prefix: The Reconstituted Kingdom
Name: Arizona Nova

Post by Arizona Nova »

Arenumberg wrote:Yet your the one constantly complaining to me about how your computer needs "time" to do things, where-as i do not.

ho-hum.

Stop trying k.
Which is a by-product of the fact that I have purposely chosen to low-ball on RAM and HD memory in order to save money because I am not made of it; it has nothing to do with my OS. I only experience slowdowns when I run something intensive on the prior factor; i.e. WoW or NWN2 (both of which I run windowed). Star Wars: BattleFront II positively flies on the best possible settings. If I had Vista on this machine you can sure as hell bet that slowdowns would be the norm rather than the exception, seeing as you need a gigabyte of memory simply to run that bloated sack of an OS.
[center]Wit ye well, that when no good men remain to stand against those who choose evil, what will remain to restrain them from unleashing their dark designs?[/center]
~Anikar

{Back Burner}
Trailers
Take Off Every Zig For Great Justice!
Prefix: The Glorious Hellenic Empire
Name: Trailers

Post by Trailers »

O NO LOVERS QUARUL
Traileric Empire

Guide our souls to the Elysium Fields
Bear us home upon our shields
Lay coins across our brows and sound the bells
We're paying our fare on the river to Hell
And when our sons and mothers lay us upon the funeral pyre
Tell them we died Hellenic soldiers with our faces to the fire
Arizona Nova
GENTLEMEN, BEHOLD!
Prefix: The Reconstituted Kingdom
Name: Arizona Nova

Post by Arizona Nova »

Oh no, this is a nerd quarrel. Our lover's quarrels are far more violent.
[center]Wit ye well, that when no good men remain to stand against those who choose evil, what will remain to restrain them from unleashing their dark designs?[/center]
~Anikar

{Back Burner}
Central Facehuggeria
Site Admin
Prefix: The Second Imperium of
Name: Central Facehuggeria

Post by Central Facehuggeria »

I've used both. Vista consumes more resources for no visible gain on my config (Q6600, 3 gig ram, 8800GT), and doesn't like any of my older software. When I have to download a hacked exe just to get a game to run in Vista, something's wrong.

Now, about the only thing I miss from Vista on XP is DX10 support for Crysis. And even that's not all that important to me, since Crysis still looks shiny even with DX9.

I'll go back to vista when two things happen: It's patched so it doesn't eat resources like potato chips, and when someone releases an easy dosbox-like emulator that lets me play early windows games in vista.

And, yes, I did disable aero and all that other junk. It still consumed more resources than XP did.
"Please tell me that you haven't heard military gossip about a fleet of invisible battleplates."
Trailers
Take Off Every Zig For Great Justice!
Prefix: The Glorious Hellenic Empire
Name: Trailers

Post by Trailers »

I would like to point out that that video is cataclysmicly retarded.
Traileric Empire

Guide our souls to the Elysium Fields
Bear us home upon our shields
Lay coins across our brows and sound the bells
We're paying our fare on the river to Hell
And when our sons and mothers lay us upon the funeral pyre
Tell them we died Hellenic soldiers with our faces to the fire
Solar Communes
ESUS Testicle Monster
Prefix: The Confederation of
Name: Solar Communes

Post by Solar Communes »

I like Wine and penguins are less boring to watch than windows.
ESUS: And with strange Eons, even Death may Die
Megas
Mecha Maniac

Post by Megas »

Solar Communes wrote:I like Wine and penguins are less boring to watch than windows.
I like you new guy.

Wine works with eveyrthing I've tried so far except the Zune software, and in most cases it works better than in windows.
[22:28] Coop: Because, you know, Florida only has more exotic indigenous species on its beaches than the rest of the US combined
[22:28] Anithraldur/Darth Pompious: The world is changed: sororities dont' count Megas