Spam all day!
Xenonier
Uber-Ancients
Prefix: The Projected Irregularity of
Name: Xenonier

Re: TRAAAILLERRS!

Post by Xenonier »

And Trailers isn't poor, so it's TIME.

Time to hop on a Xenonian Timeship and go back to beat the fuckers up.
;>
Zerstorendar
ESUS Hot Lunch
Prefix: The Mannlich Imperium of
Name: Zerstorendar

Post by Zerstorendar »

Trailers seems to be confused. A cookie to you there, Xenonier.

Julius declared Alexander was superior in the same way Rommel declared Hannibal superior. It's just polite to call your predecessor the better man. Besides, if you're taking the word of Caesar himself on whether or not he was better than Alexander, perhaps more objective sources are in order.

Also, legions.
Xenonier
Uber-Ancients
Prefix: The Projected Irregularity of
Name: Xenonier

Post by Xenonier »

Alexander was the first of the two, Caesar's admission that Alexander > Him has a lot of subtexts to it after all. I mean, it's hard to top the man who conquered the known fucking world after all, even if you actually were 'greater' by measure of purely your achievements.

Although, we could take a Xenonian ship back in time and get a serious answer ....
;>
Trailers
Take Off Every Zig For Great Justice!
Prefix: The Glorious Hellenic Empire
Name: Trailers

Post by Trailers »

Zerstorendar wrote:Trailers seems to be confused. A cookie to you there, Xenonier.

Julius declared Alexander was superior in the same way Rommel declared Hannibal superior. It's just polite to call your predecessor the better man. Besides, if you're taking the word of Caesar himself on whether or not he was better than Alexander, perhaps more objective sources are in order.

Also, legions.
Yes. Because no ones a better judge of character than someone who lived two hundred years after the man in question. No way Julius could ever be able to know his own limitations as a general. Your logic is infallible.

Besides, any historian who formally claims Julius superior to Alexander would first get applauded for the controversial statement, which we historians love, then subsequently laughed out of his career by everyone else.

Win.
Traileric Empire

Guide our souls to the Elysium Fields
Bear us home upon our shields
Lay coins across our brows and sound the bells
We're paying our fare on the river to Hell
And when our sons and mothers lay us upon the funeral pyre
Tell them we died Hellenic soldiers with our faces to the fire
Arizona Nova
GENTLEMEN, BEHOLD!
Prefix: The Reconstituted Kingdom
Name: Arizona Nova

Post by Arizona Nova »

Trailers wrote:Besides, any historian who formally claims Julius superior to Alexander would first get applauded for the controversial statement, which we historians love, then subsequently laughed out of his career by everyone else.
No, they'd get a cold stare for daring to talk about that old stuffy, dreadful, WASP "history of war" that has no relevance to our enlightened times. Why not focus on the life of Englightenment-era expatriate lesbian nuns in China and their contributions to the feminist movement or something instead?
[center]Wit ye well, that when no good men remain to stand against those who choose evil, what will remain to restrain them from unleashing their dark designs?[/center]
~Anikar

{Back Burner}
Central Facehuggeria
Site Admin
Prefix: The Second Imperium of
Name: Central Facehuggeria

Post by Central Facehuggeria »

Hyperspatial Travel wrote: No, he comes from Hell.
He only dines there.
"Please tell me that you haven't heard military gossip about a fleet of invisible battleplates."
Arenumberg
Prefix: The Sophiacracy
Name: Arenumberg

Post by Arenumberg »

I want CF to dine in me.
Central Facehuggeria
Site Admin
Prefix: The Second Imperium of
Name: Central Facehuggeria

Post by Central Facehuggeria »

Arenumberg wrote:I want CF to dine in me.
No, sorry. When it comes to clams, I only eat out.
"Please tell me that you haven't heard military gossip about a fleet of invisible battleplates."
Arenumberg
Prefix: The Sophiacracy
Name: Arenumberg

Post by Arenumberg »

No clams here hotdog.
Zerstorendar
ESUS Hot Lunch
Prefix: The Mannlich Imperium of
Name: Zerstorendar

Post by Zerstorendar »

Yes. Because no ones a better judge of character than someone who lived two hundred years after the man in question. No way Julius could ever be able to know his own limitations as a general. Your logic is infallible.
Imperfect logic perhaps, but it depends on point of view. I always thought that historians like their history devoid of bias.

But hey, History major. I'm sure you could slap together a mean essay on the subject.