Arenumberg
Prefix: The Sophiacracy
Name: Arenumberg

Post by Arenumberg »

Meh.. someone send ti to me, damnit.
Allanea
Silly Forum Johnnie

Post by Allanea »

The original TA is from a time when 3d rendering was totally software. Which means that a modern processor can handle 5000+ units with the right game patch.
This begins to sound VERY interesting - but will they be able to do it with modern grafics WITHOUT plugging NASA hardware into it?
Central Facehuggeria
Site Admin
Prefix: The Second Imperium of
Name: Central Facehuggeria

Post by Central Facehuggeria »

Allanea wrote:
The original TA is from a time when 3d rendering was totally software. Which means that a modern processor can handle 5000+ units with the right game patch.
This begins to sound VERY interesting - but will they be able to do it with modern grafics WITHOUT plugging NASA hardware into it?
We'll have to wait and see. The graphics are purdy, but most of the units are rediculously low poly. Their texturing looks much better though.

Regardless the original unit limit for TA was around 500 mobile units. Each side could have 500 units in play at once. With a modern processor and a twenty k file, you can make it so that each side has around 5,000 mobile units each.

Unfortunately, TA is next to impossible to find today. You have to quest for it. Sifting through bargain bins, old game sites, Ebay, obscure computer stores...

Or, if you're lucky, you can pick a copy up at EB. That's what I did. The attendant even told me how lucky I was, since it's out of print.
"Please tell me that you haven't heard military gossip about a fleet of invisible battleplates."