Fail

Spam all day!
Arizona Nova
GENTLEMEN, BEHOLD!
Prefix: The Reconstituted Kingdom
Name: Arizona Nova

Re: Fail

Post by Arizona Nova »

Arenumberg wrote:lol at people without vista moaning about it.

its fine, l2tweak.
Ruther spend my time tweaking XP so it kicks ass rather than spend my time tweaking Vista so it works, tbh.
[center]Wit ye well, that when no good men remain to stand against those who choose evil, what will remain to restrain them from unleashing their dark designs?[/center]
~Anikar

{Back Burner}
Arenumberg
Prefix: The Sophiacracy
Name: Arenumberg

Post by Arenumberg »

Arizona Nova wrote:

its fine, l2tweak.
Ruther spend my time tweaking XP so it kicks ass rather than spend my time tweaking Vista so it works, tbh.
you mean, Rather spend your time tweaking XP so you get random explorer/windowblinds has crashed errors instead of tweaking something that already works so it works better.

yes, thats what I thought.

I'll say it again, dont bad-mouth something your not even using.
Kostemetsia
ESUS Spambot
Prefix: The Commonwealth of
Name: Kostemetsia

Post by Kostemetsia »

I have a (new-ish - 3 months or so) Vista laptop at home. TBH it runs slower than my old (18-month) XP laptop even with all the think-for-you shiat turned off. AZN is right.
[center]Image
God hasn't played dice with the universe since that fateful drunken night when he lost classical mechanics to the devil at craps.[/center]
Arenumberg

Post by Arenumberg »

Then your an idiot.
Megas
Mecha Maniac

Post by Megas »

Having personally dealt with Vista on several of my friends computers....I find it to be too much of a pain in the ass to get working correctly with insufficient end result. I recommend XP any day, and am currently dual booting it with Linux. Tweaking Linux is time consuming, but I find a performance boost with virtually everything compared to XP and Vista.

Get Linux.

Now.
[22:28] Coop: Because, you know, Florida only has more exotic indigenous species on its beaches than the rest of the US combined
[22:28] Anithraldur/Darth Pompious: The world is changed: sororities dont' count Megas
Arizona Nova
GENTLEMEN, BEHOLD!

Post by Arizona Nova »

Arenumberg wrote:
Arizona Nova wrote:

its fine, l2tweak.
you mean, Rather spend your time tweaking XP so you get random explorer/windowblinds has crashed errors instead of tweaking something that already works so it works better.

yes, thats what I thought.

I'll say it again, dont bad-mouth something your not even using.
And you have used Windowblinds so much and have any idea at all what you're talking about. Not really. Thats the first time I got that error and as you well know my method of handling it (minimizing the window to its top bar using Windowblind's own functionality and setting it aside for an entire day) worked perfectly fine and my computer functioned perfectly to the next restart. I don't just use WindowBlinds either. There is Yahoo Widgets to consider as well, plus all that old but good software that would cause Vista to shit a brick if it tried to run it. Vista means one thing to me, the death of anything I ever respected in Microsoft, or rather the nail in the coffin after they rolled out the Xboxes.
[center]Wit ye well, that when no good men remain to stand against those who choose evil, what will remain to restrain them from unleashing their dark designs?[/center]
~Anikar

{Back Burner}
Kostemetsia
ESUS Spambot
Prefix: The Commonwealth of
Name: Kostemetsia

Post by Kostemetsia »

Arenumberg wrote:Then your an idiot.
Course I am. Despite the fact that there's absolutely nothing installed on my Vista laptop bar basic internet security. :x
[center]Image
God hasn't played dice with the universe since that fateful drunken night when he lost classical mechanics to the devil at craps.[/center]
Arenumberg

Post by Arenumberg »

I used windowblinds extensively for quite some time, actually, so wrong again.
Arizona Nova
GENTLEMEN, BEHOLD!

Post by Arizona Nova »

Arenumberg wrote:I used windowblinds extensively for quite some time, actually, so wrong again.
Then on what basis are you making pot-shots at mine? It works fine, and as I have stated, continued to function normally despite throwing up that inconsequential error. Most of all, it runs damn fast on this computer, because there isn't a bloated, glitzy, and barely functional OS eating up every last scrap of my memory. So not only does my OS look fantastic, but between the expanded functionality of certain skins, Yahoo Widgets, and the suite of applications I've installed or gotten built in to the computer, I have every advantage of Vista with none of its idiocy. There isn't a damn reason to sink another $100 into a crap peanut-butter-variety OS I've heard nothing but bad about from a company I have come to despise, and even reason enough to go out of my way to find a PC with XP installed (which I did, just before Microsoft decided to be an ass and demand manufacturers stop including it in their new machines) instead.
~Anikar

{Back Burner}
Arenumberg

Post by Arenumberg »

Yet your the one constantly complaining to me about how your computer needs "time" to do things, where-as i do not.

ho-hum.

Stop trying k.