Music, In Keeping with a Theme

Spam all day!
Kreshh
ESUS Danza Slap

Music, In Keeping with a Theme

Post by Kreshh »

While we are on the subject of describing one's nation with a singular and wholy inadiquate medium, I do inquire:
Sum up your nation with a single musical number.

I shall go first
I've only ever asked God for one thing: "Lord, make my enemies ridiculous," and he granted my request.

My immediate advice is to go buy Brewsters. It is a dictionary, and a quite fine one. This you should use to bludgeon yourself comatose each and every night, in the faint hope that some of the knowledge contained in it might be transferred. If not, it would at least leave you damaged enough that you wouldn't be coming here and violate our senses with your retarded babble.
Skeelzania
ESUS Nipple-o-rama

Re: Music, In Keeping with a Theme

Post by Skeelzania »

Figure I'll just post the Skeelzanian National Anthem. Which is typical melodramatic space-opera fashion, is impossible to sing along to.

Like most Youtube music videos, I recommend just minimizing the thing.
"Emperor of Skeelzania, Grand Prince of Solomon, Champion of the Guards, Defender of the Race, Lord of Hosts, and Heir to the Great Bad Skeelz."

Official title of the ruler of Skeelzania
Solar Communes
ESUS Testicle Monster
Prefix: The Confederation of
Name: Solar Communes

Post by Solar Communes »

A Las Barricadas just doesn't fit with their current age, being more of a historical reminder of where everything started. Then I got a draw between three musics.

Finally I have chosen one between two somewhat similar themes from Verhoeven's movies, after ditching Blade Runner's and a Lesiem song. I don't know how many remember this classic, and yes, it as a whole fits with Solar Communes. Arguably it also is melodramatic, albeit darker Sci-fi tune, but it just does it perfectly and it is a classic theme that inspired the theme of that infamous movie about the most fail of WH40k Imperial Guards versus the Tyranids without GW copyrighted material.

Epic Theme is Epic
Like most Youtube music videos, I recommend just minimizing the thing.
Same applies

And believe it or not, it somewhats reminds me of the most epic part of their anthem song.

I consider it significantly superior to its spiritual successor and better fitting with Solar Communes, albeit arguably less "spacey".
ESUS: And with strange Eons, even Death may Die
Balrogga
ESUS Testicle Monster

Post by Balrogga »

Id I were to do the same thing New Dornalia does and flood the radio waved (effectively jamming) with music I would pick this song.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UIXZDz2u ... re=related

Of course I would make sure enough power was pumped through the transmitters that they would not be able to use any communications device without being told they are going to die if they fight us.

As a matter of fact, I have been saving this song for the next time ND and I clash ICly.
Xenonier
Uber-Ancients
Prefix: The Projected Irregularity of
Name: Xenonier

Post by Xenonier »

For Zerstorendar, Botch and their Song Man The Ramparts.

I doubt you can exactly get one song for Xenonier. However, I suppose Kekal's A Real Life To Fear About is a good summarization, or perhaps the entirety of their album The Habit of Fire (which is written primarily about Indonesia, but my interest in Indonesia, Timor and that region has always been prevalent.). I choose it both for the meaning of the lyrics and the context of the album behind it, as well as the fact it's a remarkably diverse piece of experimental/avantgarde metal. Lyrics http://metal-archives.com/viewlyrics.php?id=1027524, there is to my knowledge no place to listen to it in the entirety on the internets. Kekal isn't exactly well known. http://www.last.fm/music/Kekal/The+Habit+Of+Fire has some of the tracks, however. Including the foremost I mentioned.

Xenonians stopped being afraid a long time ago. Now, there is only life - a life defined by each and everyone one to be the enjoyment of the self, and all it encompasses. Realizing that there's no galactic order and never was, that everyone who believed it was simply allowing their own life to be choked by the manifestation of herd instincts, and that never will be some sort of greater 'order' is something far more jarring than any fear bound by force. Even watching the stars burn out in the sky and understanding it may well herald your end, comes nowhere near close to that.
;>
Zerstorendar
ESUS Hot Lunch
Prefix: The Mannlich Imperium of
Name: Zerstorendar

Post by Zerstorendar »

Who are you to tell people what song best represents my nation, music-jew : >
Kostemetsia
ESUS Spambot
Prefix: The Commonwealth of
Name: Kostemetsia

Post by Kostemetsia »

I think Doctor Who: Sleepless Night in TARDIS would do quite well. : >

Other than that, the Kostemetsian national anthem, which I'm composing right now using a crappy early-1990s midi editor. It's planned to be in a complex mix of several compound times, but the intro is in 8/4.
[center]Image
God hasn't played dice with the universe since that fateful drunken night when he lost classical mechanics to the devil at craps.[/center]
Arenumberg
Prefix: The Sophiacracy
Name: Arenumberg

Post by Arenumberg »

Zerstorendar
ESUS Hot Lunch
Prefix: The Mannlich Imperium of
Name: Zerstorendar

Post by Zerstorendar »

Needs more Shady Lady.