PAS Bosch vs. SJ Sathanas

Spam all day!
Solar Communes
ESUS Testicle Monster
Prefix: The Confederation of
Name: Solar Communes

PAS Bosch vs. SJ Sathanas

Post by Solar Communes »

The PAS Bosch is one of the flagships of Solar Communes. A massive, 1.8 kilometers long Prime Assault Spacecraft armed with a spinal Gamma Ray Laser capable of obliterating a fleet light-seconds away, and killing entire crews from radiation at light-minutes away, very little can stand a single successful hit of its primary weapon system, while it also packs 40 interstellar ballistic missiles, 80 stellar ballistic missiles, 100 twin gauss cannon turrets, 140 assault UV laser beam turrets, and enough anti-ballistic missile systems to detain the ordnances of an entire fleet. It was designed with sub-light travel in mind, and can cross an entire galaxy without any form of faster-than-light travel, given enough time, thanks to its self-sufficiency capability. The Bosch took only six months to be built thanks to the latest advanced construction technologies and to the pre-planned stockpiling of all necessary resources for its construction, and mass production has only be canceled due to a perceived lack of necessity of doing so. Its firepower is superior to that of eight Catalonia Class Assault Core Spacecrafts together.

More than only a weapon of war, it is essentially a mobile station, with internal asteroid and gas-giant mining system, weapons manufacturing plants and even the capability of replicating itself with available materials during long slower-than-light travels like a Von Neumann probe. Its only disadvantage is a particularly limited pitch and yawing capability due to inertial stress, although it can yaw and pitch much faster compared to what is expected from a spacecraft of its size, and stands as an extremely maneuverable spacecraft for its dimensions thanks to a very effective thrust-to-mass ratio, achieved at the expense of protection. The Bosch shielding is designed to allow for it to stand the threats of near-light travel rather than for combat, and its armor is essentially an Whipple shield.

Unlike most Solarian vessels, it is much more resilient against ballistic weapons than usual, while lacking in protection against directed energy weapons, but like all of them, it resorts to mobility to avoid being hit, for all known primary capital spacecraft weaponry is able to destroy anything with one shot regardless of protection levels.

----------

YES I would really like to face the Shivans. There is only one problem: one single hit of one of those nasty Sathanas beams would be enough to vaporize this flagship, and any spacecraft of Solar Communes, as their tactics are to simply avoid getting hit by accelerating faster than a "spacefighter" thanks to an optimal thrust-to-mass ratio.

Anyone interested?
ESUS: And with strange Eons, even Death may Die
Kanuckistan
ESUS Testicle Monster

Re: PAS Bosch vs. SJ Sathanas

Post by Kanuckistan »

Solar Communes wrote:...all known primary capital spacecraft weaponry is able to destroy anything with one shot regardless of protection levels.
WTF

What kind of yields are you claiming and how are you generating the power?

I mean, that kind of dynamic makes sense for a mostly hard sci-fi 'verse, but now you're shooting at people who aren't so limited in their shields and armour.

Tho I do wonder how resilient an armour composed primarily of nuclear bonds would actually be.
Solar Communes
ESUS Testicle Monster

Post by Solar Communes »

Kanuckistan wrote:
Solar Communes wrote:...all known primary capital spacecraft weaponry is able to destroy anything with one shot regardless of protection levels.
WTF

What kind of yields are you claiming and how are you generating the power?
Power generation: Metallic Hydrogen + Helium3. Fusion. High Efficiency.

Also, as hinted from the number of weapons, I should have mentioned its diameter is more than half of its length because:

http://www.projectrho.com/rocket/rocket3x.html#laser
in order to boost electrons to the velocities required for an X-ray free electron laser, you will need an acceleration ring approximately one kilometer in diameter. So this X-ray laser would only be suitable for exceedingly huge warships, orbital fortresses, and Death Stars.
If I'd need something even bigger for a gamma-ray laser, then I will just settle up with a X-ray laser.

Yield:
At 1 light second, therefore, the beam is depositing 2E12 W/cm3 in iron at the surface and 7E11 W/cm3 at 0.25 cm depth; 1.2E11 W/cm3 in graphite at the surface and 5E10 W/cm3 at 4 cm depth; and 2E11 W/cm3 in glass at the surface and 7E10 W/cm3 at 2.5 cm depth. Using 6E4 J/cm3 to vaporize iron initially at 300 K, we find that iron flashes to vapor within a microsecond to a depth of 0.9 cm. The glass, assumed to take 4.5E4 J/cm3 to vaporize (roughly appropriate for quartz) will flash to vapor within a microsecond to a depth of 4 cm within a microsecond. Graphite, at 1E5 J/cm3 for vaporization, will flash to vapor to a depth of 0.7 cm within a microsecond (the laser performs better if we let it dwell on graphite for a bit longer, we get a vaporization depth of 10 cm after ten microseconds).

Net conclusion - ravening death beam at one light second.
[...]

Net conclusion - still a ravening death beam at one light minute.
[...]

What about at one light hour?[...]Any unhardened vehicle will be radiation killed at these ranges.
As for its missiles
6.3 x 1018 J: Relativistic weapon: 1 kilogram at 99.99% c = 1.5 gigatons
An interstellar(heaviest) or stellar ballistic missile weighs thousands of metric tons as it's essentially a specialized spacecraft designed to hit something near the speed of light. Maybe the numbers are a bit too much however, even if this beast has more than a kilometer of diameter. And I doubt that a Gamma-ray laser would really be as nasty as that natural phenomena.

http://www.projectrho.com/rocket/rocket3x.html#boom

------------

Anyway, it's all partly propaganda as well. Solar Communes spacecrafts are great... for the laws of physics in their universe.
The Cerberus Alliance
ESUS Nipple-o-rama
Prefix: The Reclusive Protectorate of
Name: The Cerberus Alliance

Post by The Cerberus Alliance »

Why is this in Spam?
This won't end well.
Arizona Nova
GENTLEMEN, BEHOLD!
Prefix: The Reconstituted Kingdom
Name: Arizona Nova

Post by Arizona Nova »

The Cerberus Alliance wrote:Why is this in Spam?
THAT'S MY LINE :evil:

This is a bit of a grey area though. It's about IC ships, so it doesn't quite fit in General, which is more OOC. Even though it's about IC ships, it's about an OOC hypothetical scenario rather than a marketing attempt or an RP, so it doesn't fit in TC or II. As well, many time technical tangents in General threads have been broken off and thrown in here, which might give the impression that technical disccusion = spam, though most times the intent of those actions have been meant to highlight their off-topic nature, rather than to define the forum.

Carry on, I say. Implicit is a request to keep it on-topic as well, unless the author wishes otherwise ofc.
[center]Wit ye well, that when no good men remain to stand against those who choose evil, what will remain to restrain them from unleashing their dark designs?[/center]
~Anikar

{Back Burner}
Solar Communes
ESUS Testicle Monster

Post by Solar Communes »

The Cerberus Alliance wrote:Why is this in Spam?
Because when I posted it I was daydreaming about FREDing my own LOL Freespace SCP mission pack. GNVA: Gaynigger-Vasudan Alliance versus the Chavans. :wtf:

Guess it'll be just another day, and another... ad infinitum because I always end with epic phail in any sort of user-made content tool for any sort of game.

Actually no... this is just a supposition.

In a Freespace style battle the Bosch would be Shivan toast... except they don't need to "power up" their beams or to charge them. In a long distance battle, it would still favor the Sath because of whatever unobtainium Shivans use for armoring their juggernauts... and something able to stand multiple fusion and antimatter warheads before falling is no joke.