Spam all day!
Telros
ESUS Danza Slap
Prefix: The Dominion of
Name: Telros

Re: The reason why Elves have pointy ears

Post by Telros »

Very true, CF.

Although, both you and Aren brought up points about elves. Almost always they were beings whom came before humanity, in that they had glittering civilizations before even had cities and had fallen on real hard times when our armies and power came to light. They usually excel at magic, making us look like morons, and are usually "unusually beautiful." The one thing I DO like about the elves, as about anything that employs this really, is their sense of mystique. If there are things we don't understand about them and we never do, I like that. Humanity is always about trying to find out how things work and the Elves took a different approach sometimes. But if the Elves are not the elder race of some kind, I usually take it as they are better archers, sometimes better magic users and just live longer, therefore are wiser in most cases. But humanity fills in an important niche by bringing them down to earth when they get lost in their philosophical worlds and such, and to also provide the numbers when they are needed, in battles and such.

EDIT: I don't know who wrote that but I want to give them the ESUS Award for Writing Excellence, as I have not been that interested in something in a long time. That as a completely fantastic piece.
Pyramid Facehugger would be fucking brutal. I don't know if I'll ever get to sleep with the thought of that genocidal rape behemoth rampaging through the large-eyed schoolgirls swimming in a sea of biceps that populate my subconscious.

Oh you're starving? WELL FUCK YOU THEN, HADUKEN!
-- Proof that the Old Testament God was a dick.
Arenumberg
Prefix: The Sophiacracy
Name: Arenumberg

Post by Arenumberg »

Central Facehuggeria wrote:we're not constrained by silliness like aesthetics or honor.
And then came the words "ugly" and "dishonourable" and suddenly anyone who was a combination of the 2 was "evil"... whoops?
Telros
ESUS Danza Slap
Prefix: The Dominion of
Name: Telros

Post by Telros »

Ugliness matters little and honor is in the eye of the beholder.
Pyramid Facehugger would be fucking brutal. I don't know if I'll ever get to sleep with the thought of that genocidal rape behemoth rampaging through the large-eyed schoolgirls swimming in a sea of biceps that populate my subconscious.

Oh you're starving? WELL FUCK YOU THEN, HADUKEN!
-- Proof that the Old Testament God was a dick.
Central Facehuggeria
Site Admin
Prefix: The Second Imperium of
Name: Central Facehuggeria

Post by Central Facehuggeria »

Arenumberg wrote:
Central Facehuggeria wrote:we're not constrained by silliness like aesthetics or honor.
And then came the words "ugly" and "dishonourable" and suddenly anyone who was a combination of the 2 was "evil"... whoops?
Evil is in the eye of the beholder. Or the one writing the history books, in this case.

^That being humanity, if you didn't realize it.
"Please tell me that you haven't heard military gossip about a fleet of invisible battleplates."
Arizona Nova
GENTLEMEN, BEHOLD!
Prefix: The Reconstituted Kingdom
Name: Arizona Nova

Post by Arizona Nova »

Central Facehuggeria wrote:
Arizona Nova wrote:Silly SC, we all know elves have pointy ears because they are superior.
I can see that Aren has you pretty well whipped. :p
It was less a serious point to be made as much as sarcastic parroting of arguments past.

Either way, the dawn of the Kaleesh Century is nigh... that is, if Kresshlocks do not destroy everything first. o_o
[center]Wit ye well, that when no good men remain to stand against those who choose evil, what will remain to restrain them from unleashing their dark designs?[/center]
~Anikar

{Back Burner}
Solar Communes
ESUS Testicle Monster
Prefix: The Confederation of
Name: Solar Communes

Post by Solar Communes »

The original elves were just human-like spirits/demigods who looked prettier than average human beings and didn't have pointy ears according to Norse tales about them, and I consider them much more awesome than the D&D generic fantasy elves. The fact these elves aren't "meatbags" would give them bonus points for some here. I really prefer the original Norse mythology elves over D&D ones.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:V%C3%B6lund.jpg *
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/c ... r_1850.jpg

Also, why did Tolkien ignore these things?
In the saga of Hrolf Kraki a king named Helgi rapes and impregnates an elf-woman clad in silk who is the most beautiful woman he has ever seen.
Like spirits, the elves were not bound by physical limitations and could pass through walls and doors in the manner of ghosts
I'm all for a character that seems like another human, until scaring the shit out of another by passing through an wall, over another pointy-eared Generic D&D Fantasy elf

*The Dark Elves from Norse myth are more known as "dwarves". Better to have them as the Dark Elves than a bunch of black-skinned, BDSM obssessed, anorexic freaks.
ESUS: And with strange Eons, even Death may Die
Arenumberg
Prefix: The Sophiacracy
Name: Arenumberg

Post by Arenumberg »

Done the Spirit thing without even knowing that, Old.
Central Facehuggeria
Site Admin
Prefix: The Second Imperium of
Name: Central Facehuggeria

Post by Central Facehuggeria »

Arenumberg wrote:Done the Spirit thing without even knowing that, Old.
That is incredibly convenient. I can adapt the technology I plan to use to force Balrogga's population into batteries to your elves as well.

I can eliminate two stains from this multiverse at once, and power cheap Facehuggerian consumer electronics to boot!
"Please tell me that you haven't heard military gossip about a fleet of invisible battleplates."
Solar Communes
ESUS Testicle Monster
Prefix: The Confederation of
Name: Solar Communes

Post by Solar Communes »

Solarians are as soulless as their atheist beliefs claim. They don't consider energy or spirit beings real, but constructs originated from solipsism. They would certainly have no moral objections to buy these consumer electronics, as long as they aren't manufactured in a sweatshop.
ESUS: And with strange Eons, even Death may Die
Kanuckistan
ESUS Testicle Monster

Post by Kanuckistan »

Solar Communes wrote:Solarians are as soulless as their atheist beliefs claim. They don't consider energy or spirit beings real, but constructs originated from solipsism.
Not even if scientifically verified?