Am I the only one who RPs [pc]Afro-american[/pc] characters?

Spam all day!
Solar Communes
ESUS Testicle Monster
Prefix: The Confederation of
Name: Solar Communes

Am I the only one who RPs [pc]Afro-american[/pc] characters?

Post by Solar Communes »

And who is not training to write scripts for blaxploitation movies?

And you blame Solarians for their hatred of aliens. Even your Xenos are usually white-skinned for Rosa Parks sake!
ESUS: And with strange Eons, even Death may Die
Central Facehuggeria
Site Admin
Prefix: The Second Imperium of
Name: Central Facehuggeria

Re: Am I the only one who RPs [pc]Afro-american[/pc] characters?

Post by Central Facehuggeria »

Allanea RPs Xenomorphs. It's hard to get blacker than that. :P

As for myself, Facehuggeria has never really had them, being a mostly racially homogenous population. Though if someone wants darker skin, nowadays it's perfectly possible with biomods.
"Please tell me that you haven't heard military gossip about a fleet of invisible battleplates."
Solar Communes
ESUS Testicle Monster

Post by Solar Communes »

None of your characters are this awesome, and I didn't even finish writing.

http://wiki.esusalliance.co.uk/index.ph ... Corrientes
Kanuckistan
ESUS Testicle Monster

Post by Kanuckistan »

...Most of my characters don't have visable skin. Tho I suppose most of those have black noses - does that count? :D

And I think most Africans(amoungst others) would take offence to you calling them American on the basis of their skin colour, you racist bastard!

:P

Solar Communes wrote:None of your characters are this awesome, and I didn't even finish writing.

http://wiki.esusalliance.co.uk/index.ph ... Corrientes

Reads like the start of a Mary Sue. :P
Arizona Nova
GENTLEMEN, BEHOLD!
Prefix: The Reconstituted Kingdom
Name: Arizona Nova

Post by Arizona Nova »

Anikar stood befo'e da damn Assembly. Slap mah fro! It wuz some bit smaller, now - composed uh a raple representative fum each wo'ld, widin some small room adjacent t'de old chambers. Its powa' wuz also similarly atrophied; its purpose wuz mainly t'advise ha' in tempuh'in' ha' directives so's dat dey would be easia' to bear in de territo'ies, and be ha' representatives t'deir wo'lds. Ha' plans today, dough, would bear no modificashun. It wuz t'be some jolt t'de sluggish nashun, some streamlinin' measho' man dat wuz despuh'tely needed.

"Mah' dude So'nei," she solemnly began, "I assemble ya' here today t'cut ya' de details uh a new scheme uh mine, some plan dat while mundane in descripshun gots'ta be sweepin' in 'esecushun."
[center]Wit ye well, that when no good men remain to stand against those who choose evil, what will remain to restrain them from unleashing their dark designs?[/center]
~Anikar

{Back Burner}
Solar Communes
ESUS Testicle Monster

Post by Solar Communes »

Kanuckistan wrote:Reads like the start of a Mary Sue. :P
What were you expecting from an amoral, quasi-nihilistic civilization where the most popular augmentations are nanite-based penis enlargements, tentacle-shaped replacements for penis and endurance boosters?

No way this is a Mary Sue. Boosting dump stats like Charisma doesn't count, and that is really a just slightly above average life by Solarian standards. Plus, when you can download knowledge directly into mind, becoming anything you wish is only a matter of time and having enough brain and interest for it. And I didn't start writing about the fail of Annika's scientific career yet, or how far the Nets Hate Machine reacted when there was no new material to fap to.

Anyway, you could probably exploit these facts in our ongoing RP as they are now more of weaknesses than strengths for Annika ... Both Kanuckistani and Otagian spaceships in Solar Communes universe have scanned the Nets, so they would logically know about Annika's past before she stepped above what she now considers the "hedonistic mediocrity" of Solar Communes, suppressing sex drive because Solarians have total control over their bodies(thus why contraceptives aren't used), even though most of them prefer to not suppress certain urges.
The Mindset
Prefix: Den interstellera republik av
Name: The Mindset

Post by The Mindset »

People tend to write what they know. Where I grew up, there was no one that wasn't white.
Kanuckistan
ESUS Testicle Monster

Post by Kanuckistan »

Just from a statistical point of view, I'm pretty sure things like "becoming a sex symbol for entire generations, or more exactly, manipulating entire generations for her bidding," and "the ability to manipulate millions" is by definition outside the scope of a "just slightly above average life"

Atleast, for most values of just-slightly-above-average. You know, the ones that don't keep tagging 9's on after 99.9%

:P
Solar Communes
ESUS Testicle Monster

Post by Solar Communes »

Kanuckistan wrote:Just from a statistical point of view, I'm pretty sure things like "becoming a sex symbol for entire generations, or more exactly, manipulating entire generations for her bidding," and "the ability to manipulate millions" is by definition outside the scope of a "just slightly above average life"
I wrote it from a somewhat In-character perspective with some serious superlatives. Just like there are several hints the article isn't entirely serious and objecitve in how it describes this character. Just like the Star Wars Kid and the owner of the Longcat can't manipulate millions into their bidding, she obviously can't.
OOC Warning: These facts are High Canon[...]
giving origin of her nickname "Lucy Nyu" as some ultra-masochist Otakus asked her to mutilate them like in the ancient anime Elfen Lied.
Serious business.

*edit: Also, couldn't Britney Spears manipulate millions of personality-less fangirls into buying something? You can't really believe she is above average, can you? That was the closest thing from the "manipulating millions" part, although its more related to spreading memes than anything else, thus essentially irrelevant. It unfortunately happens, it has to do with being famous and with the mediocrity of the majority, and both conditions exist in this case.
Arenumberg
Prefix: The Sophiacracy
Name: Arenumberg

Post by Arenumberg »

Arizona Nova wrote:Anikar stood befo'e da damn Assembly. Slap mah fro! It wuz some bit smaller, now - composed uh a raple representative fum each wo'ld, widin some small room adjacent t'de old chambers. Its powa' wuz also similarly atrophied; its purpose wuz mainly t'advise ha' in tempuh'in' ha' directives so's dat dey would be easia' to bear in de territo'ies, and be ha' representatives t'deir wo'lds. Ha' plans today, dough, would bear no modificashun. It wuz t'be some jolt t'de sluggish nashun, some streamlinin' measho' man dat wuz despuh'tely needed.

"Mah' dude So'nei," she solemnly began, "I assemble ya' here today t'cut ya' de details uh a new scheme uh mine, some plan dat while mundane in descripshun gots'ta be sweepin' in 'esecushun."
LOL