Someone should do a FT NS based on "Plan 9 From Outer Space"

Spam all day!
Solar Communes
ESUS Testicle Monster
Prefix: The Confederation of
Name: Solar Communes

Someone should do a FT NS based on "Plan 9 From Outer Space"

Post by Solar Communes »

Really. People should stop pulling cliché FAIL and fapfapfap exaton laz0rz from Lucas' ass and try a bit harder by looking for so obscure Science Fiction B-movies that nearly nobody would realize their FT NSes concept aren't built as original, but inspired in one of them.

LESS LIGHTSABERS AND MORE 50-FOOT WOMEN I SAY!

Internets shall be awarded on whoever tries to make puppets from this idea.

PS: Except for Gayniggers From Outer Space, because... that movie was already taken as a source of inspiration.

Of course, another advantage is that the lack of fluff in B-movies allow you to be creative without raping canon.
ESUS: And with strange Eons, even Death may Die
Kostemetsia
ESUS Spambot
Prefix: The Commonwealth of
Name: Kostemetsia

Re: Someone should do a FT NS based on "Plan 9 From Outer Space"

Post by Kostemetsia »

Well, I'm plotting out Zorbulon Five right now, but apart from the name they're fairly serious, so ... Doesn't count, I'm assuming?

Also, would the Democratic Order of Planets fit under the label of 'science fiction B-movie'? The plot of Futurama is the kind of stuff the Fifties would call serious.
[center]Image
God hasn't played dice with the universe since that fateful drunken night when he lost classical mechanics to the devil at craps.[/center]
Telros
ESUS Danza Slap
Prefix: The Dominion of
Name: Telros

Post by Telros »

Maybe because not everyone likes that kind of stuff and wants to do space opera instead of the stuff you like. Not everyone likes the realistic approach, nor do they want to do stuff like that. It's more about the story, not about the tech base anyways.
Pyramid Facehugger would be fucking brutal. I don't know if I'll ever get to sleep with the thought of that genocidal rape behemoth rampaging through the large-eyed schoolgirls swimming in a sea of biceps that populate my subconscious.

Oh you're starving? WELL FUCK YOU THEN, HADUKEN!
-- Proof that the Old Testament God was a dick.
Arizona Nova
GENTLEMEN, BEHOLD!
Prefix: The Reconstituted Kingdom
Name: Arizona Nova

Post by Arizona Nova »

50's camp like This Island Earth and AO50FW isn't exactly realistic. I have a feeling that, fifty years in the future, what we think of as our most precise, scientifically faithful masterpieces will look incredibly camp to that generation (much like how ST:TOS looks to us now). :P

I do like the idea though. You wouldn't happen to be a MSTIE would you?

Edit: Would it satisfy if I started using Googie architecture? :P
[center]Wit ye well, that when no good men remain to stand against those who choose evil, what will remain to restrain them from unleashing their dark designs?[/center]
~Anikar

{Back Burner}