Spam all day!
Kostemetsia
ESUS Spambot
Prefix: The Commonwealth of
Name: Kostemetsia

HAY DAWG

Post by Kostemetsia »

So we heard you like widescreen TV!

So we put a widescreen TV in your widescreen TV so you can FUCKING MANLYHUEG AWESOME while you FUCKING MANLYHUEG AWESOME!!!1

My computing setup currently consists of:
- Pentium 4, 3 GHz, single core, 2 GB RAM, 250 GB HDD
- Expensive Altec Lansing speakers
- Cordless keyboard and mouse
- Samsung 106cm widescreen TV
- Telstra Next-G cellular data network USB modem
-- HSDPA coverage area: up to 3 Mbps
-- Soon to be replaced with cable: up to 20 Mbps
- One large vase
[center]Image
God hasn't played dice with the universe since that fateful drunken night when he lost classical mechanics to the devil at craps.[/center]
Metallinauts
Prefix: The
Name: Metallinautsi Federation

Re: HAY DAWG

Post by Metallinauts »

Compensation I say, I am rocking a Commodore 64
Solar Communes
ESUS Testicle Monster
Prefix: The Confederation of
Name: Solar Communes

Post by Solar Communes »

I HAZ SEMPRON 2400+ LOL
ESUS: And with strange Eons, even Death may Die
Arizona Nova
GENTLEMEN, BEHOLD!
Prefix: The Reconstituted Kingdom
Name: Arizona Nova

Post by Arizona Nova »

Why is it that everyone is taking the recession as their cue to get a monsterhuge plasma screen TV? Giving your financial life for the good of your country?

Me, I bought myself a $900 Lenovo at the beginning of the summer with room for serious upgrading. Since fed it 4 gigs of RAM (XP can only handle three, of course, but if and when I ever upgrade to - barf - Vista, it'll at least have the muscle) and a terabyte internal drive. Don't recall what the video card is but it runs Fallout 3 looking nice and running fast. Lastly, it was among the last of any computer which came with XP installed without having to hand off a fifty to the dealer and dodge the Microsoft gestapo in the alleys afterward, and overall I couldn't be happier with it.

Fallout's tendency to emulate the symptoms of a hard crash for like a minute during the occasional area load, however...

edit: Came into this thread hoping for something related to Three Dog, was disappointed
[center]Wit ye well, that when no good men remain to stand against those who choose evil, what will remain to restrain them from unleashing their dark designs?[/center]
~Anikar

{Back Burner}
Arenumberg
Prefix: The Sophiacracy
Name: Arenumberg

Post by Arenumberg »

Im sure by the time you want to upgrade to Vista, Windows 7 will be nearing the end of its lifecycle and Midori will be out, so dont worry too much.

On that note, Vista.. Anyone want to take bets that Kost has it?
Arizona Nova
GENTLEMEN, BEHOLD!
Prefix: The Reconstituted Kingdom
Name: Arizona Nova

Post by Arizona Nova »

Arenumberg wrote:Im sure by the time you want to upgrade to Vista, Windows 7 will be nearing the end of its lifecycle and Midori will be out, so dont worry too much.

On that note, Vista.. Anyone want to take bets that Kost has it?
I'm not optimistic for a new Windows release. Vista was a huge disappointment and making an OS which is just a "refinement" of it is dubious, and promises that whatever is compatible with Vista will be compatible with 7 is utter rubbish; there were huge problems with Vista's compatibility in the first place, after all. Get back to me when you apologize for Vista totally, Balmer.

I dunno, Kost didn't mention getting a new computer, just a huge TV to use as a monitor, something he may regret when he has to start paying for his own electricity. :lol:
[center]Wit ye well, that when no good men remain to stand against those who choose evil, what will remain to restrain them from unleashing their dark designs?[/center]
~Anikar

{Back Burner}
Arenumberg
Prefix: The Sophiacracy
Name: Arenumberg

Post by Arenumberg »

Its Probably likely.
Kostemetsia
ESUS Spambot
Prefix: The Commonwealth of
Name: Kostemetsia

Post by Kostemetsia »

Why do you assume this TV is new? I've had it since way before the Great Recession. No, I just hooked it up to a computer.

On which note I don't have Vista. Windows XP will be supported till 2016.
[center]Image
God hasn't played dice with the universe since that fateful drunken night when he lost classical mechanics to the devil at craps.[/center]
The Mindset
Prefix: Den interstellera republik av
Name: The Mindset

Post by The Mindset »

I still don't understand your hate of Vista, AZN. The compatibility issues were the fault of third party hardware vendors not pushing drivers for the rewritten OS stack in Vista in time - they're largely resolved now, and in fact, Vista has more compatibility options than XP does. The hardware stack rewrite fundamentally altered the Windows kernal to be more stable. There's bugs in Vista, some of which do annoy me, but no more so than XP had/s. People who claim Vista is a memory hog don't understand that the memory management system in Vista works in a fundamentally different way from XP, utilising a different caching strategy than previous versions (and it reports memory usage in a different way - higher memory requirements for Vista games can be avoided by disabling aero).

Frankly, you're avoidant of change. IT MAKES YOU A FAGBOAT.
Central Facehuggeria
Site Admin
Prefix: The Second Imperium of
Name: Central Facehuggeria

Post by Central Facehuggeria »

The Mindset wrote:The hardware stack rewrite fundamentally altered the Windows kernal to be more stable.
I have a vista laptop and an XP desktop. Whenever I left click on anything with the laptop, Windows Vista Explorer crashes.

Conversely, my XP desktop runs like a dream.

In my experience, Vista sucks terribly.
"Please tell me that you haven't heard military gossip about a fleet of invisible battleplates."