Spam all day!
Arizona Nova
GENTLEMEN, BEHOLD!
Prefix: The Reconstituted Kingdom
Name: Arizona Nova

Re: ESUS Spam > NS Forum 7 * ?

Post by Arizona Nova »

Whatever our beef with the mainland, I think this deserves a special mention:
Kryozerkia, on Mon Jul 06, 2009 5:53 am wrote:This is still pointless. It's still a spam forum even if you deny it, Reppy.

Just because the grumbling is being toned down doesn't mean we like it. I still say this is a bad idea. It really doesn't add anything to the forum.

As for posting, I like to think of my posting here as a reminder that we are aware of the activities that go on here.
In essence, even if Forum 7 is not 4chan or SA enough for our tastes, forces of anti-humor intent on enforcing serious business in every corner of the NS forums are also gunning for that place, and making sure to strut and tough-guy it up as well. Their victory will not, in my estimation, be a good thing for the NS forums.

So get on out there and support Forum 7, even if it means playing by someone else's rules - if only because their rules will still be better than that of other, more authoritarian moderators.
[center]Wit ye well, that when no good men remain to stand against those who choose evil, what will remain to restrain them from unleashing their dark designs?[/center]
~Anikar

{Back Burner}
Solar Communes
ESUS Testicle Monster
Prefix: The Confederation of
Name: Solar Communes

Post by Solar Communes »

Arizona Nova wrote:Whatever our beef with the mainland, I think this deserves a special mention:
Kryozerkia, on Mon Jul 06, 2009 5:53 am wrote:This is still pointless. It's still a spam forum even if you deny it, Reppy.

Just because the grumbling is being toned down doesn't mean we like it. I still say this is a bad idea. It really doesn't add anything to the forum.

As for posting, I like to think of my posting here as a reminder that we are aware of the activities that go on here.
In essence, even if Forum 7 is not 4chan or SA enough for our tastes, forces of unwarranted self-importance intent on enforcing serious business in every corner of the NS forums are also gunning for that place, and making sure to strut and tough-guy it up as well. Their victory will not, in my estimation, be a good thing for the NS forums.

So get on out there and support Forum 7, even if it means playing by someone else's rules - if only because their rules will still be better than that of other, more authoritarian moderators.
Fixed. But I won't miss F7 anyway. Also that moderator whining is a NSG regular, and NSG needs no explanation besides a pic:

Tyranny D:
ESUS: And with strange Eons, even Death may Die
Arizona Nova
GENTLEMEN, BEHOLD!

Post by Arizona Nova »

Yeah, here is his latest gem:
Kyrozerkia wrote:The only good thing I can say about this forum is it can be a dumping ground for the garbage that doesn't belong in NSG.
I shot Reppy a telegram that in essence asked, "For God's sake, please don't tell me this SOB is going to be allowed to get away with what, if any other member said it, amounts to blatant flamebaiting." I reposted his first entry in another thread in Forum 7 and had the GALL to call him "humorless" and he fucking flipped his lid at me (basically validating everything I said in the process), but saying we're all "garbage" is perfectly acceptable behavior as a moderator.

He's basically going to succeed at two things:
1. Driving people just warming back up to the NS forums back into the loving arms of communities that aren't ruled by pretentious dickwads
2. Driving a wedge in between Forum 7 adherents and those who prefer General

If Forum 7 survives, I am so going to posts "Getting on Kryozerkia's enemies list 8) " in the "What are you known for?" thread.

Also SC, I know you may not care about Forum 7 but my point is that if we lie down and let people like Kryozerkia run the game unopposed, the whole game will suffer and lose more than it already has.
[center]Wit ye well, that when no good men remain to stand against those who choose evil, what will remain to restrain them from unleashing their dark designs?[/center]
~Anikar

{Back Burner}
Telros
ESUS Danza Slap
Prefix: The Dominion of
Name: Telros

Post by Telros »

I take it your post got deleted, cause I can't find it anywhere.
Pyramid Facehugger would be fucking brutal. I don't know if I'll ever get to sleep with the thought of that genocidal rape behemoth rampaging through the large-eyed schoolgirls swimming in a sea of biceps that populate my subconscious.

Oh you're starving? WELL FUCK YOU THEN, HADUKEN!
-- Proof that the Old Testament God was a dick.
Arizona Nova
GENTLEMEN, BEHOLD!

Post by Arizona Nova »

Telros wrote:I take it your post got deleted, cause I can't find it anywhere.
Eh? Which do you mean? It was a TG I sent to Reploid, so ofc you can't find it. :P

The original post that started a riot and caused Kyro to flip his lid is on this page.
~Anikar

{Back Burner}
The Mindset
Prefix: Den interstellera republik av
Name: The Mindset

Post by The Mindset »

Kyrozerkia probably won't be a mod for much longer. There's a huge backlash against them at the moment.
Telros
ESUS Danza Slap

Post by Telros »

Ah I see it, thanks AZN. That's what I was looking for.

And yeah, Kryo was an okay guy from what I say but he's being a dick about Forum 7. I mean, I don't do it all the time but occasionally I just want to go crazy and be funny. And I saw the no meme spam rule thing and it's just kinda dumb. So if anyone we post is a meme, it gets deleted or something...what did someone get tired of them on the mod team and decided to follow Kryo's line of thinking? Excessive spamming is one thing, but posting it once?

Sheesh, serious business indeed.
Pyramid Facehugger would be fucking brutal. I don't know if I'll ever get to sleep with the thought of that genocidal rape behemoth rampaging through the large-eyed schoolgirls swimming in a sea of biceps that populate my subconscious.

Arizona Nova
GENTLEMEN, BEHOLD!

Post by Arizona Nova »

There are memes and there are catchphrases. As you can see, I have no trouble with selective use of the "Serious Business" meme; it's funny and the associated image macros and reputation of it effectively convey my opinion of the opposition in this manner - overly sensitive, sanctimonious, and stodgy to no end. I can however see why the moderator team would be opposed to thousands and thousands of repostings of one-line variations on "SERIOUS BUSINESS," "LOL" etc.; it wastes bandwidth, and it's repetitive and not particularly creative. Catchphrases / smiley responses are probateable/bannable on SA, which I'm fairly thankful for seeing as it makes the forums much less excruciating to read and forces people to be considerably snappier and smarter in terms of their one-line responses. I see the regulations Reploid has imposed on 7 as being the kinder, gentler suggestions along those same lines.
~Anikar

{Back Burner}
Derscon
ESUS Spambot
Prefix: The Amaranthine Imperium of
Name: Derscon

Post by Derscon »

Arizona Nova wrote:There are memes and there are catchphrases. As you can see, I have no trouble with selective use of the "Serious Business" meme; it's funny and the associated image macros and reputation of it effectively convey my opinion of the opposition in this manner - overly sensitive, sanctimonious, and stodgy to no end. I can however see why the moderator team would be opposed to thousands and thousands of repostings of one-line variations on "SERIOUS BUSINESS," "LOL" etc.; it wastes bandwidth, and it's repetitive and not particularly creative. Catchphrases / smiley responses are probateable/bannable on SA, which I'm fairly thankful for seeing as it makes the forums much less excruciating to read and forces people to be considerably snappier and smarter in terms of their one-line responses. I see the regulations Reploid has imposed on 7 as being the kinder, gentler suggestions along those same lines.
The annoying shit is annoying, yes, but Kryo was doing her normal "LOOK AT ME I'M A MISERABLE CUNT LOLOLOL" act when she banned memes.

http://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=5699

Ifreann and I decided to stage a bit of a mockery of the whole situation on another forum, and I convinced him to report himself. The debate fanned out in that thread.

http://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic ... 84#p181984

It also started here.

It's getting ridiculous. Unfortunately, Kyrozerkia is probably the most active mod. Thankfully, Reppy decided to fight back, but I'm not sure how noble of a fight it would be.

Euroslavia seems to be on the "pro-fun" side, so that's all well and good, but I'm willing to bet Frisbee and Scolo would back Kryo.
We always have been, we are, and I hope that we always shall be detested in France. ~ Sir Arthur Wellesley, Duke of Wellington
"Everywhere you prod it, even with the shortest stick, the established system isn't simply corrupt, it's unequivocally putrescent. The law is created by demonstrable criminals, enforced by demonstrable criminals, interpreted by demonstrable criminals, all for demonstrably criminal purposes. Of course I'm above the law. And so are you." (L. Neil Smith) "
La perfection est atteinte non quand il ne reste rien à ajouter, mais quand il ne reste rien à enlever.
Telros
ESUS Danza Slap

Post by Telros »

A lot of people in those threads said it for me. Excessive spamming is one thing, but if someone says something to where I can put a pic or say CAN I HAZ CHEEZBURGER and have it be a little funny, I should be able to, not have the Mod Police kicking down my internet down YOUZ HAZ BEEN USZIN DE MEMZ, KIIIILLLL!