Help Needed

A forum for in-character roleplay. (IC)
Kanuckistan
ESUS Testicle Monster

Post by Kanuckistan »

Vernii wrote:Er, the nations in MIDAS that I know of are: Sunset, Auman, Kajal, Wazzu, and Bajon. I haven't engaged any in combat yet except Wazzu, and those were only fighters, so I have no idea yet of their capabilities. Pretty much they all have shipyards and fleet bases over Mars that would make good targets.
Yeh; I don't like fighting in Sol. Too crouded; fire a shot at someone and all their allies are right-there gunning for you.

Do they have any major fleets deployed anywhere that you know of?
Vernii
The Mindset's Bitch

Post by Vernii »

I'm not sure where most of the fleets are. I know OOC that a few are on the outskirts of my system, but right now they are just outside of passive sensor range.
Wormia
Uber-Ancients
Prefix: The Grand Imperial Dominion of
Name: Penguenia

Post by Wormia »

Yes, you're the one with whom The Wick sided with? Pheh. For once, I ask that all ESUS members respect Mars and remain out of it. As I recall, a Verniian diplomat had the infinite wisdom of murdering the diplomat of another nation.

Being the Director of Space Operations, Wormia generally remains clear of tributary conflicts, but being that Wormia was outright lied to about the nature of the conflict by the side of Vernii, I cannot and will not condone or allow ESUS backing of the Verniian Government and her allies. Any action taken by a member of ESUS for the nationa and allies of Vernii will be done so as an act independent of ESUS.

Diplomacy is where nations meet in a civilized manner to discuss an end to bloodshed, not where nations bring their sharpest-shooting diplomats in order to cheap shot an enemy diplomat.
The Federated Stellar Republics of Wormia
Chancellor George Thomas IV
View Wormia Here
Wormian Military Craft and Technology Specifications

"Nations have no friends, only interests."
Kanuckistan
ESUS Testicle Monster

Post by Kanuckistan »

Well, I could just deloy in your system and help defend it; the fewer losses you take, the sooner you can launch a counter-offencive... well, unless you have OOCly plans for loosing the system, or something.

Would be amusing to see the Honor-tech commander's reaction when I engage him with directed energy weapons at 4.5 million kilometers/15 LS(Battleplate superheavies; intermediate teir range is 2.25 MSK/7.5 LS, while light batteries can only reach upwards of 1.5 MSK/5 LS).
Kanuckistan
ESUS Testicle Monster

Post by Kanuckistan »

Wormia wrote: Being the Director of Space Operations, Wormia generally remains clear of tributary conflicts, but being that Wormia was outright lied to about the nature of the conflict by the side of Vernii, I cannot and will not condone or allow ESUS backing of the Verniian Government and her allies. Any action taken by a member of ESUS for the nationa and allies of Vernii will be done so as an act independent of ESUS.
Ya know, that isn't your call to make; it's everyone's call, what with the ESUS being a democracy and all.

'course, Vernii isn't trying to pull that ESUS into this anyway.
Wormia
Uber-Ancients
Prefix: The Grand Imperial Dominion of
Name: Penguenia

Post by Wormia »

Kanuckistan wrote:Ya know, that isn't your call to make; it's everyone's call, what with the ESUS being a democracy and all.

'course, Vernii isn't trying to pull that ESUS into this anyway.
I'm not decrying MEMBER assistance of Vernii. I'm simply affirming that this isn't an ESUS war, but, because we value ESUS's value of national sovereignty, I said nothing about individual participation.
The Federated Stellar Republics of Wormia
Chancellor George Thomas IV
View Wormia Here
Wormian Military Craft and Technology Specifications

"Nations have no friends, only interests."
Vernii
The Mindset's Bitch

Post by Vernii »

Wormia wrote: Diplomacy is where nations meet in a civilized manner to discuss an end to bloodshed, not where nations bring their sharpest-shooting diplomats in order to cheap shot an enemy diplomat.
Depends on how you define diplomacy. New Ortaga, for example, his nation's version of diplomacy is to shoot first, then deal out "negotiation" terms later (surrender).
Vernii
The Mindset's Bitch

Post by Vernii »

Kanuckistan wrote:Well, I could just deloy in your system and help defend it; the fewer losses you take, the sooner you can launch a counter-offencive... well, unless you have OOCly plans for loosing the system, or something.

Would be amusing to see the Honor-tech commander's reaction when I engage him with directed energy weapons at 4.5 million kilometers/15 LS(Battleplate superheavies; intermediate teir range is 2.25 MSK/7.5 LS, while light batteries can only reach upwards of 1.5 MSK/5 LS).
I'd rather Valinon and New Ortaga's fleets be left alone, so that that part of the war at least "stays in the region". It's been an odd war, with the exception of a few atrocities, the entire thing has been conducted as sort of a gentlemen's sport.
Kanuckistan
ESUS Testicle Monster

Post by Kanuckistan »

So how's about I leave those two alone for the most part, and just go after their allies on the feild, while helping you defend?

Well, unless you later request assistance in killing them as the situation develops, they go out of their way to target civilians, or they make themselves an unacceptible threat to my forces. You know, the usual.
Vernii
The Mindset's Bitch

Post by Vernii »

Sure, sounds good. Vaku and Boroglia are also to be left alone preferably, since they are also region mates. And while this parts up to you of course, a pocket dreadnought or something would probably work better than a Battleplate, to avoid any accusations of godmoddery from the MIDAS nations.