Upgrades and Refits

A forum for in-character roleplay. (IC)
Otagia
ESUS Testicle Monster

Upgrades and Refits

Post by Otagia »

--EGO has joined the convo
ID: I'm telling you, Super, it'll work. I've run the math, and I've nearly finished fabbing a prototype model.

SUPER: You've run the math. I'm not sure I trust anything you do.

ID: Why you arrogant little...

EGO: Alright, alright, break it up. What exactly is going on here, Id?

ID: Oh, not much. Just finishing some simulations. I've run across an interesting tidbit on our SCCAMs: We don't need warheads.

EGO: Really? Explain please.

SUPER: It'll never work...

ID: You just say that because it's me.

SUPER: What better reason is there?

EGO: Will you shut up and let Id talk? Now, explain.

ID: Well, you know how the SCCAM works. Generates a pseudogravitational singularity in front of the chassis, which pulls it forward. Constantly reconstitute the field to keep it from eating the missile, then slam it into the target's hull, detonating the warhead as it does.

EGO: Yes, simple KK drive engineering. Continue.

ID: Well, experimentation has proved that when you start adding mass to the KK field, it begins to act like an actual singularity. Hell, I've actually created actual black holes with them- mostly on accident of course. They're pretty, but I don't like my toys accidentally falling where I can't reach them.

EGO: How entertaining. I assume you're going somewhere with this.

ID: Of course. Now, we've been overlooking one important fact: Natural singularities have a minimum size to stay a singularity. If they don't have that minimum size... Well, lets just say you don't want to be near it. The singularity decays rapidly, the mass within converting to energy.

EGO: So you're proposing using the missile itself as the warhead.

ID: Exactly. Now, the primary issue with doing so has so far been maintaining the field long enough for it to consume the SCCAM. Now, I've made some modifications to one of the posigrav systems, moving the generator to the rear of the SCCAM, isolating it in the missile. I've altered its projector, so that the field stays ahead of the missile, and that, unless explicitly turned off by the KK drive, it stays in existance for fifty microseconds, long enough for the singularity to eat the entire missile at combat velocities.

EGO: Excellent. And you are sure it will work?

ID: Of course. I've got a prototype rigged up, as well as alterations I can feed into our fabbing facilities to start producing these right away.

EGO: Good. Issue orders to the Sons of Israel. All non-engaged fleets will report to New Nippon for retrofitting with the new SCCAM design, to be designated Iruel pattern.

SUPER: I don't believe it, you're actually going to listen to him?

EGO: His math is good. I have the utmost confidence that the tests will succeed, and accelerating the deployment of these weapons will increase combat efficiency. I believe there is nothing more to discuss here. QUETZAL, --end convo--

--ID has left the convo
--SUPER has left the convo
--EGO has left the convo
--Tripartite Sequence Terminated
--QUETZAL Node Offline
Stercus stercus stercus Moriturus Sum