Model Citizen

A forum for in-character roleplay. (IC)
Otagia
ESUS Testicle Monster

Model Citizen

Post by Otagia »

The Avatar looked down on the sleeping Citizen on the lab table. Circling around it, it gently adjusted the delicate implants in his body, lovingly tuning them to perfection. Never before had the implants been carried out in this manner, never before had such an advanced rig been attempted. Not content with the basic ansible comms and supercomputer, the Regency had implemented further upgrades: A full (albeit civilian grade) effector suite was tucked away inside the neck, although it extruded through the epidermis of the patient, giving the appearance of a collar.

--QUETZAL NODE ONLINE
--TRIPARTITE SEQUENCE INITIATED
--EGO has joined the conversation
--ID has joined the conversation
--SUPER has joined the conversation

SUPER: A lovely upgrade, if I do say so myself. A shame it won't be installed in all citizens.

EGO: Perhaps one day. However, for now, it will stay firmly in the hands of those who need it, no more. Far too expensive to do otherwise.

ID: And destructive, I'm sure. Imagine the fun we could have with billions of effector-equipped citizens...

SUPER: That seems rather impolite. The whole issue of obtaining their permission for use of their implants would be staggering.

ID: Bah, you're no fun. We'd be able to do our work without having many Avatars around. Would be grand.

EGO: Sadly, I agree with Super here. While it would be quite cost effective to simply use these effectors instead of the Avatar Service, we need a face for the masses. Otherwise, they would feel as if we are not watching over them as well.

ID: Too bad. Ah well, perhaps in the future.... Oh, and the new patient is cute.

SUPER: Quite. He's simply adorable.

EGO: ...You're both loons. He is simply another citizen, nothing more, nothing less. To treat him otherwise would be treasonous.

SUPER: Yeah, well, still.... I like him. I think I'll call him Ripley.

--TRIPARTITE SEQUENCE TERMINATED
--QUETZAL NODE OFFLINE

The new citizen awoke in a fog. He didn't know where he was, or who he was for that matter, but he felt content none the less. Smiling in his mind, he lifted his head, and looked at the Avatar floating next to him. Tilting his muzzle, the citizen wagged his tail.

--Hi! Apparently I'm Ripley. Who're you?--
Stercus stercus stercus Moriturus Sum
Kanuckistan
ESUS Testicle Monster

Post by Kanuckistan »

OOC:

Neat, if mildy disconcerning.

Uh, he did start out inhuman, right?

Also reminds me that I've never really got around to downscaling effectors of any kind, tho I do it often enough with other tech bases - I'll have to look into it.
Otagia
ESUS Testicle Monster

Post by Otagia »

OOC: Well, you can't really call him human now either, as he's got neither vocal cords or opposable digits, merely looking like a dog with a collar. However, he did start out quite nonsentient, a stray dog that QUETZAL picked up and buggered with.

As for the downscaling of effectors, my specialty is generally miniaturization, so I thought, "why not? The bastard needs something instead of hands." ;)

More IC coming up later, I have a few other things to work on right now.
Stercus stercus stercus Moriturus Sum
Kanuckistan
ESUS Testicle Monster

Post by Kanuckistan »

blaesa wrote:OOC: Well, you can't really call him human now either, as he's got neither vocal cords or opposable digits, merely looking like a dog with a collar. However, he did start out quite nonsentient, a stray dog that QUETZAL picked up and buggered with.

As for the downscaling of effectors, my specialty is generally miniaturization, so I thought, "why not? The bastard needs something instead of hands." ;)

More IC coming up later, I have a few other things to work on right now.

OOC:

Ah, ok - seemed implied they'd respeciesed and memory-tweaked someone, hence the disconcerning. Didn't realise it was a straight uplift.

I'm also good at miniturization(my fancy missiles are a mere meter long, for example, to say nothing of SAPL) - it's really more a matter of cost, and Kanuckistani effectors are somewhat limited. But enough of that tangent.