Facehuggerian Civil War part I [BETA]

A forum for in-character roleplay. (IC)
Trailers
Take Off Every Zig For Great Justice!
Prefix: The Glorious Hellenic Empire
Name: Trailers

Post by Trailers »

Arizona Nova wrote:
Trailers wrote:I was kinda looking foreward to seeing the matchup between CF superarmored Marines and my Hoplites. Can you say anti-tank weapons going off at point-blank range? :D
Do you have any idea whom you face? Can you say nuclear weapons going off at point-blank range? Look upon CF's works, ye mighty, and despair!
I was thinking back to the pocket anti-tank weapon CF's protagonist took with him on his little trip. :P
Traileric Empire

Guide our souls to the Elysium Fields
Bear us home upon our shields
Lay coins across our brows and sound the bells
We're paying our fare on the river to Hell
And when our sons and mothers lay us upon the funeral pyre
Tell them we died Hellenic soldiers with our faces to the fire
Central Facehuggeria
Site Admin
Prefix: The Second Imperium of
Name: Central Facehuggeria

Post by Central Facehuggeria »

Posted. A lot of character development on Halsey. Yays for non-one-dimensional villians. And, more importantly, the stage is finally set for a diplomatic meeting. That was the big stumbling point. How could I get one started without it feeling silly? I figure I could mask it by introducing Ambassador Brown, who'll be representing the Republic.

And of course Strauss will be bitching at all of you in the ESUS Senate in the next update, which I hope to have out much sooner than this one.
"Please tell me that you haven't heard military gossip about a fleet of invisible battleplates."
Sskiss
ESUS Testicle Monster
Prefix: The Great Therapodian Empire of
Name: The Sskiss

Post by Sskiss »

As usual CF it is flawless work. Hmm.... one of the early scenes of your post seemed almost Sskiss-like.....
"The Sskiss are prepared to share all - All that YOU have, that is!"

"Life is like a fresh kill, eat as much as you can before it all rots"

"Our blood drenched clade shall reclaim what is rightfully ours - and so wrongly taken from us by a whim of fate"
Central Facehuggeria
Site Admin

Sskiss wrote:As usual CF it is flawless work. Hmm.... one of the early scenes of your post seemed almost Sskiss-like.....
???

Ahh, yes. There is symbolism there. Though, I'll be honest. I wasn't thinking about the Sskiss when I was storyboarding that scene. More towards the whole 'Halsey is being consumed by the memory of his wife' angle. Though in retrospect I can see what you mean. The idea behind the whole 'adapt or die' was basically Halsey's subconscious telling him that he's been living in the past and to get his ass in gear and start ratcheting down his evil quotient. Because all good villians doubt or regret their decisions at one point or another.

Unlike with most of my other villians (like Septimus, for instance), I really went all out in making Halsey a three dimensional villian who isn't necessarily pure evil. Come to think of it, Septimus isn't pure evil either, I just haven't gotten to show any of his few redeeming qualities. Then again, it is difficult to paint someone who boils children like lobsters as having any redeeming value.

Anyway, the idea is, by the end of the war, to have the reader question whether Halsey was actually evil, or if he was just human with all the emotional frailities that entails.

And thank you for the compliment.
"Please tell me that you haven't heard military gossip about a fleet of invisible battleplates."
Sskiss
ESUS Testicle Monster

Post by Sskiss »

Central Facehuggeria wrote:
???

Ahh, yes. There is symbolism there. Though, I'll be honest. I wasn't thinking about the Sskiss when I was storyboarding that scene. More towards the whole 'Halsey is being consumed by the memory of his wife' angle. Though in retrospect I can see what you mean. The idea behind the whole 'adapt or die' was basically Halsey's subconscious telling him that he's been living in the past and to get his ass in gear and start ratcheting down his evil quotient. Because all good villians doubt or regret their decisions at one point or another.
That I underdtood as well, but the image was very compelling. As for all good villians doubting and regretting there decisions, yes I would agree with that. Makes them real people to a degree.
Central Facehuggeria wrote:Unlike with most of my other villians (like Septimus, for instance), I really went all out in making Halsey a three dimensional villian who isn't necessarily pure evil. Come to think of it, Septimus isn't pure evil either, I just haven't gotten to show any of his few redeeming qualities. Then again, it is difficult to paint someone who boils children like lobsters as having any redeeming value.

Nobody is really "pure evil" as even Hitler loved the German people and his German Sheperds.
Central Facehuggeria wrote:Anyway, the idea is, by the end of the war, to have the reader question whether Halsey was actually evil, or if he was just human with all the emotional frailities that entails.

Probably both.
Central Facehuggeria wrote:And thank you for the compliment.
No problem, you desreve it and I hope you pursue a part time career as a sci-fi writer.

"Our blood drenched clade shall reclaim what is rightfully ours - and so wrongly taken from us by a whim of fate"
Arizona Nova
GENTLEMEN, BEHOLD!
Prefix: The Reconstituted Kingdom
Name: Arizona Nova

Post by Arizona Nova »

Central Facehuggeria wrote:Posted. A lot of character development on Halsey. Yays for non-one-dimensional villians. And, more importantly, the stage is finally set for a diplomatic meeting. That was the big stumbling point. How could I get one started without it feeling silly? I figure I could mask it by introducing Ambassador Brown, who'll be representing the Republic.

And of course Strauss will be bitching at all of you in the ESUS Senate in the next update, which I hope to have out much sooner than this one.
Anything you want/need anyone else to do up to that point?
[center]Wit ye well, that when no good men remain to stand against those who choose evil, what will remain to restrain them from unleashing their dark designs?[/center]
~Anikar

{Back Burner}
Sskiss
ESUS Testicle Monster

Post by Sskiss »

CF, I have another post ready. Would it be alright if I post it now, after yours? Or should I wait a little?

Personally, I think I should post it now.

Central Facehuggeria
Site Admin

AZN: Nope, not really. Just want everyone supporting the Republic to send/teleconference their delegate to meet with Brown.

Sskiss: Whatever you want.

Edit: Also, AZN, would you mind if I had Janthea simply make her way into the Imperial Mercenary Office? I'd presume that since she's responding to the call for mercenaries, that's where she'd head.
Sskiss
ESUS Testicle Monster

Post by Sskiss »

I just posted and it flows quite well with the first. Kanuckistan, your people are mentioned in this post due to a secret trade agreement we plan on proposing to you.

Arizona Nova
GENTLEMEN, BEHOLD!
Prefix: The Reconstituted Kingdom
Name: Arizona Nova

Post by Arizona Nova »

Pssst, Sskiss - Arenumberg is Arizona Nova is Ilë Sornë. We're a big hideous conglomeration of sorts.

Also, CF, where is the IMO, and the conference room? I'll add more to the post once I get this.
[center]Wit ye well, that when no good men remain to stand against those who choose evil, what will remain to restrain them from unleashing their dark designs?[/center]
~Anikar

{Back Burner}