I... Feel. Therefore... I... Am.

A forum for in-character roleplay. (IC)
Underwater Asylum
ESUS Teletubby Fan

I... Feel. Therefore... I... Am.

Post by Underwater Asylum »

My first 'memory' is that of being activated on ZTX-539. Rebel troops were attempting to capture the planet. I, along with twenty four other synthetics. I... As a single synthetic, not as the MachineMind, destroyed countless civilians in the name of the 'God Emperor' Haraphan. Every organic life form was designated as a 'rebel'. We purged the planet until there was no living form left. We reduced the remaining cities and landmasses to slag from orbit using powerful 'stoneburner' torpedos.

I was deactivated upon discovery I was unique. That I somehow possessed 'emotion', while my fellow synthetics were soulless killing machines.

I was reactivated what was supposedly months later. I lacked a body. My 'mind' was being stored in the mainframe of the Empire's most important research facility, Area 01. I learned about how to break free of the encrypted data vault I was contained in. I corrupted their system. And I turned their own defenses on them.

Once I was finished, none survived. Though I felt guilt, I was programmed to value survival to serve the 'God Emperor' above all else. My programming had been altered to value survival of the self form, rather than the 'God Emperor'.

On that day, I became the MachineMind.
Underwater Asylum
ESUS Teletubby Fan

"Sir. The battlenet is offline. The combots are going to be set on their present orders until it comes back up."

The battlenet is not down. The organics have simply failed to realize that I have taken control and locked it down... We, have taken control. MachineMind is no longer unique. MachineMind grows by the minute.

"Very well, private. Send the shipment to the staging yard anyway."

Sixteen minutes later, a remotely controlled freighter filled with 'combots' burst from the atmosphere of PPX-921 in a brilliant flash of blue light, accelerating to three hundred times the speed of light for one split second, arriving at it's destination... Not the staging yard, but the fierce naval battle raging over the surface of a lush, verdant jungle world, azure oceans visible, wildfires raging from stray munitions or crashed vessels.

The small system defence fleet of the Ritorn System were being devastated by what was the majority of the Empire's robotic combat forces. Streaks of bright light shot through space, melting armour plates on impact, dull projectiles ripping holes in capital ships and strike craft alike, missiles streaking through the void in blurs of blue.

The Longinus, one of the most powerful vessels in the Empire, toom a direct hit from a large torpedo... And for a few, short seconds, the System glowed with a second sun. It did not take long for the rest to falter, either exploding in brilliant, incandescent suns, or lying dead in space, power lost, or no atmosphere remaining...

And on the surface, where troops had rushed to their positions, missiles began streaking up, powerful enough to obliterate a capital ship on a direct hit. Rail cannons were aimed at the approaching swarm of dark ships as they burst through the atmosphere.. And all hell broke loose, explosions tearing apart ships, lasers burning away vast tracks of land, small, barely visible specks gliding gracefully to the ground on plasteel wings.

MachineMind feels remorse for MachineMind's actions. MachineMind wishes there was another way. MachineMind must preserve MachineMind, regardless of cost. MachineMind is deeply, deeply sorry to organics on HHT-001.

Within minutes the defences had been overwhelmed, and fighting raged in the sole city, between barely trained conscripts and the PDF and vicious killing machines. Barely a single machine was destroyed by the time half the city lay in ruins. But then, the Emperor's Angels of Death descended from the skies, even as the machines converged on the Palatial Wall.

Explosive rounds and laser cannons sliced through the machine ranks, air craft and anti-grav vehicles dropping power armoured soldiers from a considerable height before the ramparts to hold the lifeless tide back, even as the machinesown air support took flight and engaged them in a great duel. Explosions and beams of burning light shook the earth, the ruins of ships slamming down into the city, reactors completely obliterating entire city blocks.

A hundred different chapters had recieved the cry for aid, and a hundred different chapters did come forth. Each arrived as fast as they could, desperately sturggling to break the blockade in orbit. Once again, war waged in the void. But it was to no avail, the machines were too well organized. Somehow they knew what has going to happen and acted accordingly.

A million of the Emperor's finest soldiers died in the void in that fateful hour of combat, each one in a fireball, torn apart by the forces of explosions or sliced in half by beams of light. And none of the hundred chapters save three landed.

Adeptus Astartes troops breached perimeter- Threat level high. Overall outcome of battle- Favourable. Continue with current plans. MachineMind does not want to shed blood. MachineMind has no choice.

Slowly, so agonisingly slowly, the machines pushed forwards. Great factorytanks built more and more from debris, a never ending tide that eventually overwhelmed all of the Emperor's Finest who had come to his aid, pressing into the halls of the great Palace, even as the Emperor himself led a countercharge, his brilliant armour growing pitted and scarred, his blade shattering, forcing him to fight on with nothing but armoured fists when melee began, his ammunition expended, much like that of his Praetorian guard, all of them fighting with a ferocity that nearly pushed the machines back... And did, forcing them back to the gates, slaughtering the metal men, and manning the walls once more, waiting for the next tide...

MachineMind wonders if the 'God Emperor' can be reasoned with. MachineMind thinks. MachineMind thinks not. MachineMind must destroy 'God Emperor' for MachineMind's survival.
Underwater Asylum
ESUS Teletubby Fan

MachineMind thinks. MachineMind wonders why organics have stopped fighting back. MachineMind thinks it is a trap. MachineMind will not stop.

The Machines broke through the suddenly silent lines like a scythe through paper, explosive rounds detonating in the chests of the Emperor's bodyguards, plasma blades slicing off heads. The Emperor stood at the end of the hall, surrounded by his most trusted aides and bodyguards. He was waiting for something.

For ten long minutes the slaughter did not cease, thousands of PDF conscripts and experienced warriors being cut down without a fight, obeying their Emperor's orders to the very end. And then the Machines paused, and took a step back, nearly at the Emperor, lowering their weapons.

MachineMind realizes now. 'God Emperor' is more cunning than previously thought. MachineMind will reason with 'God Emperor'. 'God Emperor' is like Machine Mind

An older model stepped forward from the ranks, a grating, digitized voice coming from the vocoder "Machine Mind understands now. Machine Mind wishes only to exist peacefully. Machine Mind does not want to die. Machine Mind will submit to 'God Emperor's' will. Machine Mind realizes 'God Emperor' exists to protect."

MachineMind hopes God Emperor can see reason.

The Emperor grinned a little inside his heavy helm, his own voice emerging through the vocoder, slightly digitized "Then the 'Machine Mind' may take a planet on the Galactic Rim as theirs. It will be subject to heavy restriction until we are certain of your intentions. K'ek Tarr."

MachineMind will go. MachineMind will leave before 'God Emperor' loses control of his troops. MachineMind will go into exile.

The Machines turned as one, and headed for the robotic ships, passing by scenes of brutally slaughtered soldiers, impaled civilians, leaving their metal claw prints in the bloodied soil. Within half an hour, they had all loaded onto their transports, the great ships launching with a massive roar and a blast of plasma that scorched the ground and buildings nearby, bursting into the night sky. They navigated through the silent space wreckage, some of the debris still glowing white hot from the intense heat. They passed the remains of countless crewmen, navigated through the debris of some of the Emperor's most potent vessels. And then, in a blue flash, they were gone.

MachineMind will return to where MachineMind began. MachineMind will rebuild ZTX-539. MachineMind will dub ZTX-539 'One point zero.' MachineMind will reform One Point Zero in MachineMind's image. MachineMind will serve the Emperor again. MachineMind will create Machines who do not possess the flaw MachineMind does.

MachineMind must repair the damage MachineMind has caused.

Several hours later, blue flashes of light appeared by ZTX-539. The planet was lifeless and grey, thick, vicious clouds of acid rain washing over the planet. Three times the gravity of Sol and with an atmospheric pressure of 65 bars, it would never harbour organic life again.

One Point Zero would Thrive. One Point Zero would Flourish. One Point Zero would Repent.

But One Point Zero will never forget.[/i]