The Last Ship (Work in Progress, not going yet)

A forum for in-character roleplay. (IC)
Siesatia
ESUS Testicle Monster
Prefix: The Unified Worlds of
Name: Siesatia

The Last Ship (Work in Progress, not going yet)

Post by Siesatia »

I'm just keeping these notes here while I work on this:

OOC: This is an invite only Roleplay, please contact me by AIM or MSN, or even Skype if you so desire to join. Literate Roleplay only, if you want to call this elitist, fine, go ahead, I don’t care.

This RP is set in 2049, and has no bearing on our individual nations unless you want it to, it’s just for fun, everyone can sign up a ship, and this ship can be no bigger than an Air Craft Carrier, no Super-Fortress-Islands or multi-kilometer battleships, end of story, even the Carriers must be kept in check. The Ships are to be the last remnant of your nation on a post apocalyptic semi-Waterworld-like Earth. Your ships can choose to work together, or work against each other, its relatively open ended. Small islands unable to support life for long periods of time can be discovered at the player’s discretion, but large islands must be approved, or at least kept in check. Some ships may be armed with unfired nuclear weapons, some may have other such devices. The RP will take place after a global cataclysm, World War III has occurred, there are no great powers left, neutron bombs, nerve gas, biological weapons, chemical weapons, and everything in between has left most of the continental landmasses uninhabitable for generations, global warming has melted much of the ice mass, causing global flooding and the changing of the land mass. The tectonic plate uprisings from the nuclear blasts has forged new islands, sunken old islands, and created a plethora of dangerous geological phenomenon. There is a vast desire for things like ammunition, food, fresh water, Refined Uranium, oil, aircraft, and more amongst the fleets.

For the most part I will not interfere in terms of Dungeon-Master style control, like introducing the so-called ‘Bad Guys’ to rally against and fight, there are pirates, both on Sea and in the Skies, but no unified threat as of right now exists in this universe, it’s up to the players themselves to be the ‘good’ and ‘bad’ guys, ally with ships who share your ship’s ideologies, if your people value freedom and democracy, don’t ally with a ship full of Neo-Nazis or Communists. If everyone in the RP happens to be freedom loving democratic peoples, find other differences, it’s more fun to have some competition than to simply have huge, work-together, spinning wheels Roleplays. Remember to keep track of your own population, no longer will we have throw-away troops we can march into battle, (Unless that’s how your nation simply works, in which case go ahead!) you have to keep a stable population going, converting seaman and officers to farmers and shipbuilders, etc. The ultimate resource in this Roleplay are ships, yes, some smaller vessels can be constructed if the resources are acquired and the infrastructure exists, but for the most part no large vessels will be constructed for quite some time.

Just for reference, the official time-scale for this is One Real Life Day is equal to One In-Game Week.

I can be contacted at:
AIM: Siesatia
Email/MSN: UthRptr2@yahoo.com

Make sure you have some basic ideas on your ship, if I get too many Nuclear Submarines, or too many massive Battlecarriers, I may ask you to tone it down to something a bit smaller for the sake of

Point Buy System:
This is the fairest system I could come up with for keeping some semblance of balance, and makes sure I don’t need to sit here and personally approve every ship, here; you know what you’re getting ahead of time. The ships have some limits placed on them to keep them relatively equal, no, you cannot squeeze a hundred heavy cannons onto a patrol boat, you can use your own weapon systems, but only a certain number of hard points and the like will be allotted for each ship. The Base Engine Type is what comes naturally with your vessel; it can be upgraded in the Upgrades Section for the upgrade cost.

Points transfer between the various categories on a 1 Ship Point: 2 Upgrade Points: 4 Resource Points.

Ship Classes: (100 Point Maximum)

Patrol Boat: 1 Point
Petrol Engine
1 Weapon Hardpoint
Maximum of 40 Feet Long

Frigate: 5 Points
Petrol Engine
3 Weapon Hardpoints
Maximum of 120 Feet Long

Troop Transport: 15 Points

Petrol Engine
1 Weapon Hardpoint (May Only Equip Deck Gun)
Maximum of 120 Feet Long

Light Destroyer: 25 Points

Diesel Engine
6 Weapon Hardpoints
Maximum of 180 Feet Long

Fast Attack Submarine: 50 Points

Diesel Engine
2 Torpedo Tubes
Maximum Depth: 2000 Feet

Destroyer: 50 Points
Diesel Engine
9 Weapon Hardpoints
Maximum of 220 Feet Long

Pocket-Aircraft-Carrier: 60 Points

Diesel engine
4 Weapon Hardpoints / 60 Aircraft / (Equips 8 Free Surface-To-Air Missile System)
Maximum of 700 Feet Long

Cruiser: 65 Points

Diesel Engine
12 Weapon Hardpoints
Maximum of 290 Feet Long

Battleship: 80 Points

Diesel Engine
24 Weapon Hardpoints
Maxiumum of 420 Feet Long

Cruise/Nuclear Missile Submarine: 90 Points

Nuclear Reactor
6 Torpedo Tubes / Missile Launching Systems
Maximum Depth: 3600 Feet

Super-Aircraft Carrier: 100 Points

Nuclear Reactor
8 Weapon Hardpoints / 120 Aircraft Limit / (Equips 20 Free Surface-to-Air Missile Systems)
Maximum of 1200 Feet Long

Dreadnought Battleship: 100 Points

Nuclear Reactor
38 Weapon Hardpoints
Maximum of 620 Feet Long

Hardpoint System:
If there are any weapons you are unsure of or I havn’t added, contact me and we can set them down on the list. Thanks.

Deck Gun/Light Machine Gun = 1 Hardpoint
Anti-Missile System = 2 Hardpoint
Cannon = 3 Hardpoint
Anti-Sub System = 4 Hardpoint / (Destroyer may equip 2 for only 3 points each)
Torpedo Launcher = 4 Hardpoint / (Patrol Boats may become Torpedo Boats by using only 1 Hardpoint and adding a Torpedo Launcher)
Heavy Cannon = 5 Hardpoint
Missile Launcher = 5 Hardpoint
Cruise Missile System = 8 Hardpoint / (Cruiser May Equip 2 for 6 points each)

Nuclear Missile System = 12 Hardpoint / (Nuclear Missile Sub Has 2 for no cost)

Ship Upgrades: 500 Points

Engines:
Diesel Engines: 10 Points / Quiet Running, Low Maintenance, Diesel Fuel
Electric Engines: 30 Points / Silent Running, High Maintenance, No Fuel, Solar
Nuclear Reactors: 50 Points / Silent Running, High Maintenance, Uranium Fuel

Resources:
Desalinization Plant: 50 Points / Regenerating Fresh Water Supplies
Hydroponics Bay: 50 Points / Regenerating Vegetable and Fruit Supplies
Water Treatment System: 150 Points / Infinite Cycle of Water On Vessel

Fighting Forces:
Marine Company: 25 Points / Fighting Force of 200 Soldiers, comes with Unarmed Basic Troop Transport.
Special Forces Squad: 40 Points / Fighting Force of 30 Special Operation Soldiers, comes with Unarmed Basic Troop Transport and Zodiac Landing Craft.

Miniaturization: 250 Points / All Weapons require 1 less Hardpoint to equip, with a minimum equip cost being 1 Hardpoint.
Nano Technology: 500 Points / All Weapons Require 2 Less Hardpoints to equip, with a minimum equip Cost being 1 Hardpoint. Hull Plating will automatically regenerate

Ship Resources: 75 Points

Fuel Reserves: 15 Points
Uranium Reserves: 15 Points
Ammunition Reserves: 20 Points
Metal Surplus: 35 Points
Aircraft/Helicopter Compliment: 50 Points
Food Surplus: 40 Points
Water Surplus: 30 Points
Seed Banks: 60 Points
Scientific Equipment: 80 Points
Dear god... No more 5 year old Signature...

Proud ESUS Member since '04
Arizona Nova
GENTLEMEN, BEHOLD!
Prefix: The Reconstituted Kingdom
Name: Arizona Nova

Re: The Last Ship (Work in Progress, not going yet)

Post by Arizona Nova »

It seems unusual that the only things to survive the apocalypse would be ships, which would be the least likely to do so considering the infrastructure needed to support them. I wish ye good luck, though.
[center]Wit ye well, that when no good men remain to stand against those who choose evil, what will remain to restrain them from unleashing their dark designs?[/center]
~Anikar

{Back Burner}
Metallinauts
Prefix: The
Name: Metallinautsi Federation

Post by Metallinauts »

Can I myself be a pirate force?
Siesatia
ESUS Testicle Monster

Post by Siesatia »

Your fleet can be of a national origin, but turned to piracy, its freeform my friend, have at it!

Balrogga
ESUS Testicle Monster

Post by Balrogga »

Did you get the email I sent?
Metallinauts

Post by Metallinauts »

Sign me up!
Metallinauts

Post by Metallinauts »

My Fleet is as follows:

MNV Romulus
Stats:
Nuclear Missile Sub-90pts
Fuel Reserves-15pts
Uranium Reserves-15pts
Ammo Reserves-20pts
Metal Surplus-35pts
Diesel Engines-10pts
Nuclear Reactor-50pts
Desalinization Plant-25pts
Marines-25pts
Advanced Targeting Systems-50pts
Total:335pts

MNV Remus
Stats:
Fast Attack Sub-50 Pts
Same upgrades as the Romulus

Total:290pts

Total Fleet points: 625pts
Balrogga
ESUS Testicle Monster

Post by Balrogga »

Nice but you overlooked one thing...

Ship Classes: (100 Point Maximum)
I love the names you chose.

I emailed mine to him but I don't know if he got the email or what he thought of the point expendatures.

I even suggested adding food/supplies to the list since we will be needing that to feed our crew.
Siesatia
ESUS Testicle Monster

Post by Siesatia »

The post will be updated soon, I've been working on a major paper for English the past two weeks and havn't had time for anything else. I think if I remember/have time, sometime tonight the new post will come into effect.

And yes, points are transferable. I'll post the ratio soon.

I'm introducing a new system for the ships to keep people from piling on nine-million weapon systems. Its a Hardpoint System, each ship class will have a number of hardpoints, and each KIND/Class of weapon system will take up X amount of hardpoints. Some ships have special-attributes which allow a weapon system to take up fewer hardpoints, or simply to allow more creativity into play.

Submarines don't have a hardpoint system, they have a set, X amount of torpedo tubes, and X amount of Cruise/Nuke missile launchers. These can be argued with me, or simply upgraded with your upgrade points.

Engine Technology changed what fuel you will need, you won't be using Diesel fuel with petrol engines, or Petrol with uranium, each needs a specific kind of fuel for a reason, to create an economy.

Oh, and yes, you may capture oil dereks, but expect them to be fought over, and limited in number.

Balrogga: I got your email, thanks for the program but since the point system was incomplete I can't really use it, you'll see why when I bring the new posts onto the board.

Thanks for the interest, this is still going.
~Sie

Metallinauts

Post by Metallinauts »

I took that as a combination thing, like you cant have a nuclear strike sub aircraft carrier, I thought you could deck it out anyway you want...