Unusual Similarities with Archaelogical Findings

A forum for in-character roleplay. (IC)
Capsule Corporation
SHINY
Prefix: The Raysian Incarnation of the
Name: Capsule Corporation

Unusual Similarities with Archaelogical Findings

Post by Capsule Corporation »

The sound of boots running across the metal catwalks echoed through the chambers of the large government facility, a sound one could easily get annoyed with. With the clanking and tapping finally drawing closer to the secure rooms in the middle of the complex, a science officer approached the guarded doors. Without a word, the 2 guards parted and the door flew open.

"Well, what did you find, doctor?" Jack AdamWorks, the Vice President of the company stated in his surname, had an obviously annoyed tone in his voice. He had been waiting for the officers classified report ever since his shuttle arrived 45 minutes ago... the clanking of the secure facility no doubt added to his annoyance.

Doctor Alma Arhandee* straigtened himself and quickly caught his breath. "I already know you won't believe it, but look." He pulled an OLED screen from his jacket and unrolled it out in front of him in his hands. The screen, linking with the computer embedded in the doctor's left forearm, flashed to life, displaying a schematic of a hulk of a wrecked starship.

"What is that, the Corianton? it looks heavily modified, not to mention heavily trashed--"

"It's not ours," the doctor blurted out, still catching his breath. "It's extremely similar, as you can tell."

His annoyed tone turned into shock and awe. "..where did you find it?"

"A Fishing trawler was out in the deep sea, east ocean, and it found it on underwater sonar... at least the tip of it. A Diving team was ordered in, and that is what they found. All the crew has been detained, and the explorers are awaiting orders to proceed investigation."

"...is it--"

"We believe so. It has to be. There's no other explanation. In fact, the speculations arising just in the last 2 hours have led to more explanations than questions, of all things."

The VP looked at the screen, pulling it away from the doctor and spreading it on the table before him. "This is impossible, it almost looks exactly like our kryptonite-class."

"yes, but older... thousands of years older."

"...what's the most popular speculations right now?"

"One of two popular theories... one I don't agree with... something about it coming here from a future us or some crap like that..."

"Try again doctor... I don't buy it either."

"The other... is it's a relic of the guardians. Look at it.. it's so close... too close. The technology is not the same as ours, but some are clearly inspired of the same muse."

"You're saying that the technologies we developed in a matter of years... is really just a reincarnation of the ancient guardians?"

"Wouldn't that explain our rapid advances? Our territorial acquisitions? Look at it... our colony maps line up almost exactly withg the Guardians. We are on their old capital afterall."

"Yes... I understand that, but I thought eighteen-hundred years would destroy any relic of them... with all the war graveyard scavengers... I definately never expected to find one of their ships... even in such a damaged, abandoned shape as this. Continue with the investigation. Allow anyone who will continue under a non-disclosure class 5 to work."

"Yes, sir." The doctor said, returning to the hall, and opening his communicator interface to his shuttle.

After the doors closed, Jack turned to a trusted advisor also in the room. "...possible cover-ups?"

"If we need it, we can say there was a crash. Alien spaceship long-since abandoned. Alien crash landings always make good cover-ups for government research and development, sir."

"Yes, I'm aware of that... prepare the press release. In the mean time, I want to find out if there's any technology we can use to our advantage... anything that's survived.

OOC:
*pronounced R&D, for those who can't catch it ;)
Also, the people the Raysians refer to as the Guardians were once known as the Capsule Corporation. This is going to be my official tie-ins ^_^
DESTROY US ALL!!! DESTROY US ALL!!! DESTROY US ALL!!!
Capsule Corporation
SHINY

Re: Unusual Similarities with Archaelogical Findings

As more and more data comes in... systems written in a language hardly anyone understands, there comes a demand for information not readily accessible.

Jack sat at his desk in the secure chambers of AdamWork's Guardian Research Center, a place that isn't supposed to exist. As he looked over the schematics of the wrecked Guardian Cruiser, many thoughts and theories filled his mind, but not a hundredth part of the amount of information contained encrypted in the unknown language.

He sent a memo to the leader of the R&D Division:
Send a request to the other ESUS nations. Find out everything you can about the Guardians. Ask them if they recognize the ship design. if they can Identify it with any technology, let me know immediately. I want to know if this is the Capsule Corporation we've heard of. I want to know who they were, the language the spoke, everything. See if anyone can help us out.

OOC: This is an invitation to recount your dealings with the Capsule Corporation... cuz I can't remember most of you ^_^
Capsule Corporation
SHINY

Months after the drop point of a ship once known as the CCSS Legacy had been discovered underneath the eastern sea, Raysian Scientists continue to swarm the area.

The engineers, forensics scientists, and even the leaders of the AdamWorks group had been scouring over the wreckage, now pulled out of the water into a specially built covered dry-dock. Not much was left. A few skeletons remained, cloaked fibers of what anciently were uniforms, now stained with 1800 years of water damage. They had all come to the conclusion that the ship was a remnant of the Battle of Zarahemla, the fall of the Capsule Corporation. The fighters and mechanized units that weren't eroded to pieces were poisoned by the radiation from their dying power cores, which fried their computers, and rendered their mechanical components no more functional than the titanic. There was little to be gathered from the smaller tech. In fact, the only things they actually uncovered that they could learn from were contained in a biotech laboratory sealed off on the port side of the once heroic ship.

The AI cores were fried... well, 2 of the 3 were. The only word the systems analysts could use to describe the third core was... that it had left. The AI systems used by Raysia are only semi-sentient. The ones used by the Capsule Corporation were advanced enough to have been fully sentient. The consciousness that operated as the ships Information resource controller, keeper of the databases and networks, had left the core. There was simply no sign of any operator program, just a destabilized memory core, that appeared to have been cannibalized and reconfigured, then eroded with time. All evidence pointed to it. There was a survivor. Someone survived a crash from 250km above the planet into an ocean... The ship's escape pods were almost all missing, why would someone stay behind? How could they have survived anyway?

----

"Don't go easy on that door, we don't really need to keep it..." The operations commander was clearly impatient, watching as his contractor workman slowly broke open the door to the sealed off room towards the back end of the biotech lab. People all over the camp had speculated what might be behind this last door, but no one was authorized to go in... too many political repercussions, too many things needing approval in the first place.. and of course, usually too many people around. It was dark out, and most of the camp was well asleep.

The small team cringed as the door clumsily fell off the track with a clanking thud. Hoping no one would wake, they grabbed their floodlights and portable area lights, and charged into the room eagerly. It was a dissapointing 5 meters by 10 meters. A mere storage locker.

"Oh come on," one of the techs muttered, "this is it? This deserves all the secrecy? It's a couple of syringes and some lockers, and ..ooh, a closet. Suppose we can find some brooms in there?"

"Shut up, you never could appreciate a good find..." the fellow contractor spoke up, having a personal interest in archeology and history.

"Open the closet," came the quiet order from the operations commander.

"Oh yes, the closet, everyone wants to see what's in the frikkin closet.. right." The clearly disinterested tech opened the door, jokingly expecting a cache of gold or something.

The door popped open rather easily. "Wha--- helllo there..." By the look on his face, one would easily think he had actually found some pile of gold... after all, the rest of the team could only see a faint glow coming from the closet.

"What do you see?" The rest of the team moved towards the door.

"Oh, I'd say just about the prettiest thing I've seen on this entire wreck..."

"Oh come on, I bet you it doesn't stand up against that lieutennant you're dating." They peered into the door to find out that he really was not exaggerating. Behind a faintly glowing retaining shield stood a sleeping human. Roughly 19 years old, long green hair, and most certainly a female. "I... stand corrected..."

The field suddenly collapsed on itself, and the body did likewise, all the way to the floor. The ops commander freaked. "You idiot! She could have been alive! Why did you drop the field!! Don't press ANYTHING, you hear me?"

"Brother, I did nothing... she just fell.. All I did was open the door."

The 4th member of the team, up till now quiet, suddenly found himself a use, reaching down and checking her vitals. "Her heart just restarted itself... right while i was looking for a pulse... she's alive!"

The girl twitched and shivered on the floor. She didn't have much on... typical static-hibernation apparel. "We need to get her out of here. Get the shuttle, we're taking her back to AdamWorks.

One of the techs smiled nervously as he picked up the girl off the floor, and carried her hurriedly towards a shuttle.

A few camp scientists, startled awake by the initial entrance, took pictures in a paparazzi fashion as they boarded. The base commander grabbed a small briefcase full of syringes on his way out of the biotech locker.

-------

--Weeks later, AdamWorks classified facility.--

Amnesia is a terrible thing to live with, but 1800 years will do it to you. The girl had come to be known as Raimi, and was attempting to accustom herself to a normal routine of life. For an amnesia patient, it was odd. Her motor skills were clumsy, like she had just learned how to walk a few days before she entered the stasis chamber. For the first week, she said nothing. not that she couldn't communicate, she just wouldn't speak. She interfaced with computers faster than any human could ever grasp. And after a week of immersion with other humans, she suddenly began speaking, flawlessly.

Scientists were boggled... but one thing was certain, she didn't remember anything. They continued to expose her to anything that might spark her memory. Frequent visits to the crash site, constant interaction with Raysian Technologies, and even basic military training, all seemed useless in reactivating any conscious memories. She had no memory, yet some things came to her like she knew them in another life.

They figured if there was any chance for her recovery, and a hope of aiding them in their research, she would have to be exposed to her old life. And from the looks of things, her old life had nothing to do with being cramped up in an underground facility. She was a girl of the skies. They commissioned her as a science officer and made her a guest crewmember on a Raysian Marine Force Vessel, RMF Riplakish, Kryptonite Class.
Kanuckistan
ESUS Testicle Monster

Post by Kanuckistan »

Raysia wrote: OOC: This is an invitation to recount your dealings with the Capsule Corporation... cuz I can't remember most of you ^_^
OOC:
Sorry fer the late reply - usually don't have time for this forum - but I thought I'd note that, while I don't think we've directly interacted, Kanuckistan's intelligence and diplomatic communities of the time would have everything publicly available archived somewhere - information that's long sense gone public domain, and been archived(online and off) by the kind of people who like to archive everything.

Being one of the oldest nations in the galaxy(and one that's never fallen at that), a fairly open society, and now an ally, poking around our public historical archives should be a fairly obvious thing to try.