The Land of our Inheritance [IC Debate]

A forum for in-character roleplay. (IC)

What should Raysia do about the ancient Capsule Corporation Homeworld?

Claim Manifest Destiny, and take the planet by Force
17%
Claim Manifest Destiny, taking the planet by Treaties
8%
Establish a Coup D'etat and crush crush the other governments
8%
Do something devilish and set them up for a hopeless war
25%
Wait a few centuries before trying anything
8%
Avoid a gaza-style conflict and just live with what they have
33%

Total votes: 12

Capsule Corporation
SHINY
Prefix: The Raysian Incarnation of the
Name: Capsule Corporation

The Land of our Inheritance [IC Debate]

Post by Capsule Corporation »

Even with Zarahemla's history of war and hostile invasions, heartless mercenaries and fallen nations, something has attracted the Raysians to it's blue-green Environment.

The Raysians, more and more convinced of their cosmic ancestral relationship to the ancient Capsule Corporation, not yet fully explained at that, have settled on this planet in search of learning more about their heritage. The Allaneans, currently claiming the majority of the large world, have allowed for the Raysians to inhabit a corner of the world... more than enough for their population-capped .95 Billion inhabitants. They live on a relatively small spread of continents centered about the 45th parallel, directly opposite of the allanean capital, and have only peaceful intentions.

However, as more and more evidence comes in, and more archaeological sites are discovered revealing their history, some of the population has been suggesting a reclaiming of the once-great lands of the people they refer to as "The Guardians." Others suggest a peaceful limited-effect research campaign.

However, more and more, the extemists have been going on and on about how they must take back their lands. And while these views are being suppressed for international peace reasons, the people still do have their right to opinion. Currently, only a handful in the Raysian Government have an inclination to this ideaology, but that's still enough to be dangerous.

The majority of the Raysians feel no contention with Allanea, but their overcrowding of the land has left many simply uneasy about how little room for development and industry there is. And while it is true that the Raysians have claim on a couple other territories in the Galaxy, this is by far the easiest for them to call home. It's unpolluted air, and safe, peaceful nature, is such a miracle find that the Raysians will never settle for anything less.

In light of these feelings, the Raysian Government President is asking for input from ESUS leaders or ambassadors, and especially Allanea if they will respond.

The subject of debate, in simple:
Should Raysia claim Manifest Destiny on the ancient Capsule homeworld Zarahemla,
- OR -
Just remain quiet on it's little corner of the planet.

OOC: Please note, the options in the poll above are NOT intended to be threats against Allanea.
DESTROY US ALL!!! DESTROY US ALL!!! DESTROY US ALL!!!
Arizona Nova
GENTLEMEN, BEHOLD!
Prefix: The Reconstituted Kingdom
Name: Arizona Nova

Re: The Land of our Inheritance [IC Debate]

Post by Arizona Nova »

Myron Vavrinec scrutinized the dispatch in his ESUS mailbox, and frowned. "They put a human in a job only an elf or a server is qualified to do," he grumbled, and pulled up an encyclopedia in another window. He hesitated for a moment, wondering if there was not, in fact, something more important for him to do. This was ESUS HQ, and he was the Sornei diplomat there-to. Then he remembered he had no staff to speak of and instead began searching for information on this matter.

It was hard. The matter at hand was centuries old - pre-unification, pre-Anikar maybe for that matter. Anything dating genuine ACE was nothing short of ancient history. He hunted it down though.

Alright, it wasn't quite pre-Anikar. 827 ACE; high noon for the first Empire before the Calamities, if his knowledge of history was as sharp as he figured. He followed a link off and found out that Anikar made herself into a digisent shortly after the event.

Be that as it may, 827 A.C.E. saw the final collapse of the original Capsule Corporation state from both external and internal pressures. Into the void flowed Allanea and Arizona Nova, and a number of other interstellar powers whose names were now all but lost - Khrrck, Northrop-Grumman, Empryia, and Ermor.

By the end of the year at least five of the territories had been annexed, and the rest claimed by Khrrck. A massive war did not break out, as had been feared.

Nonetheless the Allanean annexation had been - very zealous. Checking media from the time there was ambivalence about whether it was a police action on their part or a land grab. To be sure much the same was said about Arizona Novanian actions; an Elissa Scion with full invasion outfit was deployed to "peacekeep" on Noah PR 103, a near territory.

Now, two centuries short of a millenium later, it was Vavrinec's job to give the final Sornei word on the matter.

It was a tough call. On the one hand the revival of Capsule Corporation holds and trade under the Raysian banner was undoubtedly a good thing; the trend of "re-franchisement" as the pol-sci buffs called the revival of nationstates in recent years was a welcome reversal of the dubious "mini-heat death" that had heretofore gripped the galaxy.

On the other hand Allanea had prevented Zarahemla, a jewel of a planet, from being absorbed by hostile powers. There would be no indepence case to speak of if it had been annexed by, say, Ermor, and turned into a hellish graveyard for the undead.

As well, fragmentary trends - such as had swept Terra in the late 20th and early 21st century CE - were also worrisome, and particularly sensitive for the Sornei government, seeing as there was, after all, a civil war whose core issue was just this on. As well, coming down on the Raysian side might light up sympathies for them on Noah PR 103, which was to this day a relatively prosperous, if peripheral, Sornei possession. It would be a fine thing if this worry was heaped on to the burden of reconciling the Heaven's Belt Alliance to Imperial Ilë Sornë.

His official response was thus:

"At this time the Empire of Ilë Sornë cannot express its support in either direction, but if the time and circumstances were different, there would be no doubt as to which direction we would lean. We advise the Raysian people to - for the time being - abide patiently, as hard as such a request is to make. Until such a time as things politically and militarily stabilize in Sornei holdings an official position - especially one endorsed by the Empress - will be impossible to make."
[center]Wit ye well, that when no good men remain to stand against those who choose evil, what will remain to restrain them from unleashing their dark designs?[/center]
~Anikar

{Back Burner}
Zerstorendar
ESUS Hot Lunch
Prefix: The Mannlich Imperium of
Name: Zerstorendar

Post by Zerstorendar »

"Well why in Tereza's name is it our damned problem?" Sternkriegerlich Grendel, Supreme Commander of the fanatical Zerstorendarian space marine corps, was obviously unconcerned with the newly arrived ESUS dispatch. The Zanekreigerlich Klaitus, Supreme Commander of the Army (and a less fiery individual), had a similar opinion:
"We're a small player in the ESUS and the galaxy at large-", a comment that drew a scowl from Grendel, "-and I don't see why we should get involved here. Our armed forces cannot be spread all over the place fighting wars for ESUS members we owe nothing but kind words to."

Kaiserlich Kytus Draigan, Ruler of the Zerstorendarian Empire, added his own very-weighty input:
"As an ESUS member it is our duty to assist them if they request it, but they have not done so. All they want is our opinion in regards to what they should do." Sternkreigerlich Grendel replied immediately:
"They should take it back! How can they tolerate sharing a planet that is theirs with anybody, even a fellow ESUS member? Have they no pride?"
"I agree, war is their best alternative. A handicapped nation is a nation with no future." said Klaitus.
The least direct member of the five-man military council, the Special Operations Supreme Commander, Blitzmordlich Sindri, had a very different take on the matter:
"I find the idea of subterfuge more attractive. Perhaps they could set up a guerrilla war under the pretense of a hidden foe, concealing and massing their power using the assistance of some foreign allies, and then strike? Or perhaps assassination would be the best alternative for peace."

As the discussion continued, the previously absent Sternsieglich (Supcom of the Navy), marched into the room. As the Navy was the most powerful and necessary branch of the Zerstorendarian military, the Sternsieglich was first among equals in the four military commanders. His pace was brisk and he looked rushed:
"I am still occupied with this war against the UFP, but I would like to make it clear that the Sternsieg is capable of ferrying ground forces to Zarahemla if necessary, but we cannot make any major fleet commitment. The Zanekrieger would have to rely mostly on another ESUS member for space support."

Tired of the discussion and obviously not placing it high on his list of priorities, the Kaiserlich settled the matter."
"I'll have a diplomat draft a letter with more tact, but it seems to me that we cannot make any serious military commitment here, if indeed that is what they were surreptitiously hinting at, and this matter only impinges on us in that the Raysians are a member of ESUS. I agree that they should retake their homeplanet through force, if indeed they possess said force. If they specifically request our assistance, I'm sure our Army could provide ground support, but until then, they only have our written support."
Allanea
Silly Forum Johnnie

Post by Allanea »

ooc: i APOLOGIZE for not noticing this previously. My excuse are the exams. Is there a map of Zarahemla out there?
Capsule Corporation
SHINY

Allanea wrote:ooc: i APOLOGIZE for not noticing this previously. My excuse are the exams. Is there a map of Zarahemla out there?
OOC: I assumed you noticed it and just chose to ignore it :) It's not anything threatening.

Zarahemla was from the beginning a fairly large planet... not anything infinately multidimensionally gigantic like NS earth, but there's sure enough room for Raysians to inhabit a corner... Now, If I have OOCly made a bad misinterpretation of things, please let me know... things are not so far along that I can't do a little OOC Temporal incursion and just claim a different planet as a homeworld. I could easily take one of capsule's old colonies back... doesn't matter... but I would really like zarahemla... plus it would be fun to coexist :) Does anyone else claim territory on the planet right now?
Allanea
Silly Forum Johnnie

Post by Allanea »

OOC: The Allaneans expanded to cover the entire thing since you left. If you don't like that, we can assume you own some continent or something of this size on the planet, separated from Allaneans by sea. In the latter case Allanea would like to purchase the area from you in exchange for money and transport to some new homeland.
Capsule Corporation
SHINY

OOC: so... Money and transport, or war and deception :P. The latter would be more fun, but raysia would accept an offer involving a contract to build a new colony to our specifications... But the war and deception sounds more fun.

And separated by water is an acceptable location.
The Mindset
Prefix: Den interstellera republik av
Name: The Mindset

Post by The Mindset »

OOC: Personally I think sharing a planet opens interesting avenues for roleplay (if not now, possibly some way down the road).

IC:

Preoccupied by its glorious return to this universe, the Mindsetti Networked had little time to spare on minor political events - even if they occured between members of an alliance the ancient nation had founded. That said, duty obligated some form of response. Diplomatic conversation with nations was, after all, the reason why the Mindsetti Empire had flourished in the distant past. A message was dispatched. It read as follows:
The Enlightened Upload of The Mindset wrote: Directorate of Foreign Affairs,
The Enlightened Upload of The Mindset

To: The Leader(s) of Raysia.

Greetings:

No comment.

Respectfully,
The Networked.
Capsule Corporation
SHINY

The Mindset wrote:OOC: Personally I think sharing a planet opens interesting avenues for roleplay (if not now, possibly some way down the road).
ooc: that's why I let him land on the planet in the first place :)
Zerstorendar
ESUS Hot Lunch
Prefix: The Mannlich Imperium of
Name: Zerstorendar

Post by Zerstorendar »

OOC: Attack. I'll send troops.