An Offer You Can't Refuse

A forum for in-character roleplay. (IC)
Allanea
Silly Forum Johnnie

An Offer You Can't Refuse

Post by Allanea »

[center]Message from the Nivensky-Ringworld Foundation to the Senate of the Extra-Solar Union of States[/center]
Dear Friends!

As the three Wars we are involved in now unfold further, it again our duty to remind to our friends in the Extra-Solar Union of States how much their friendship is important to us. It is again our duty to remind our good friends in the Extra-solar Union of States how much we owe them.

Here is, thereby, the proposal of the Nivensky-Ringworld Foundation:

1.First off, 120 Allanean Arms Interstellar Gates will be distributed for free among the various nations of the ESUS, to be installed where-ever they see it fit, to accelerate and improve both the trade between ESUS states and the rapid deployment of ESUS forces.
2.Second, we would like to also create a student exchange program, to be accessible for the citizens of all ESUS member states.
3.Third, we of the Nivenski-Ringworld Foundation will entertain suggestions froom the members of the ESUS Senate on how we should best spend our money on the general improvement of ESUS infrastructure – joint defense systems, armaments, and communications networks to improve trade and defense of the Extra-Solar Union.

We thank you for your suggestions.
Skeelzania
ESUS Nipple-o-rama

Re: An Offer You Can't Refuse

Post by Skeelzania »

She had originally hoped to reach some sort of consensus at the meeting of the Imperial Staff, but when the leaders of the Army and Sternmarine were all but slapping each other at the table (and the Education Minister when they had a moment), Diana said to hell with it and ordered the individual Ministries to compile reports for her own self.
The Skeelzanian Sternmarine, Ministry of War wrote: Kaiserin, it is with the whole hearted approval of Grand Admiral Phelps von und zu Zellingal that the Sternmarine recommends we accept the First Item in its entirety. As you well recall, the Sternmarine first inquired about these Gates some years ago, but received no answer. Now that we may receive them for free, it is imperative that we take the chance. Although we were the first to lay down the concerns inherent in such a design, we believe that with proper precautions and modifications we may bind the Gates ever closer to us. We propose:

1) The establishment of a fortified Hub System to act as a way station for incoming traffic. Ideally this would be a remote system that is nonetheless well within our sphere of control. The Quixote System would be ideal for this, as it already has a small base population and is within easy striking distance of Solomon and the Drenmark.

2) The subversion and replacement of the AI-governing entity that comes with the Gate. We fail to see what the AI can do that human hand could not do as well, although perhaps with a slight time lag.

3) The establishment of a sister Gate near Sol to provide us ready access to the Alpha Quadrant. Of course, installation within Sol itself is ill-advised. We thus suggest that talks be initiated with one of the neighboring ESUS powers. There are three choices. Ile Sorne is out of the question due to the chaos within its borders. Little is known, or seen, of Megas. This leaves us the final option of the Sskiss. We are aware of their recent proposal to supply military assistance in the Sornei Conflict, and their proximity to that realm would make them a logical stepping stone. We believe that they would be amiable to our proposal.

This concludes the evaluation so ordered by your Majesty. We are confident that these Gates will provide us with strategic power sorely lacking, both militarily and economically.
The Imperial Army, Ministry of War wrote: These Gates will only allow others to enter our realm without our permission. We urge you to reject them.
Field Marshal Felix von Reittern
Desk of Superintendent Greeps, Ministry of Education wrote: The Ministry has no objections to the Second Point of the Allanean Proposal. Our facilities are robust enough to accommodate a moderate influx of foreign students. However, it is our opinion that enrollment will be low, due to the perception of Skeelzania abroad. Nevertheless, participation would allow us a chance to glean some knowledge from nations who may not be willing to share it otherwise.
There was no word on the Third Point. She hadn’t assigned that one. Next to the Gates proposal, it was the most significant. It would take much longer to determine a course of action there.
The Skeelzanian Response wrote: We find your first two points to be acceptable. We are, however, somewhat unclear by how many Gates we are to receive. We certainly do not need 120 ourselves. A mere six would fulfill our current needs.
We find the Exchange proposal acceptable in spirit, although practical considerations must be researched further. Not all of our schools are healthy for long-term occupation by those not accustomed to our ‘climate.’ We do, however, look forward to the exchange.
As to the third point, debate within the Sternreich continues. We shall let you know the conclusion as soon as one is reached.

Signed
Kaiserin Diana Skeelzot I
"Emperor of Skeelzania, Grand Prince of Solomon, Champion of the Guards, Defender of the Race, Lord of Hosts, and Heir to the Great Bad Skeelz."

Official title of the ruler of Skeelzania
Kreshh
ESUS Danza Slap

Post by Kreshh »

(OOC: The Kreshh ruling body – having no desire to dwell on the fact that a student exchange program would be extraordinarily dangerous for any meat-based life form entering Kreshh territory, as well as for the ‘host’ family of departing Kreshh in participating recipient worlds, in addition to being none to keen on the idea of importing an Allanean invasion point into sacred Kreshh territory, but also not wishing to offend mighty Allanea for it’s generosity – officially says nothing)

…
I've only ever asked God for one thing: "Lord, make my enemies ridiculous," and he granted my request.

My immediate advice is to go buy Brewsters. It is a dictionary, and a quite fine one. This you should use to bludgeon yourself comatose each and every night, in the faint hope that some of the knowledge contained in it might be transferred. If not, it would at least leave you damaged enough that you wouldn't be coming here and violate our senses with your retarded babble.
The Cerberus Alliance
ESUS Nipple-o-rama
Prefix: The Reclusive Protectorate of
Name: The Cerberus Alliance

Post by The Cerberus Alliance »

[center]Response from the Cerberus Alliance[/center]

The Protectorate is in full support of this proposal. Particularly the student exchange program.

Recent sale of several of our systems to Allanean Arms would mean that the only location we can provide for any interstellar gates is just outside of the Cerberus System's defense networks, an area that is already host to our access to the intergalactic trade hub.

The exchange program is seen by the council as a useful method of improving, or in many cases establishing, relations between members of the alliance. As finding means of accomplishing this has been troubling much of our leadership lately, especially with the beginnings of our involvement in one of these three conflicts, this portion of the proposal could not have come at a better time.

As for the third portion of the proposal, we are willing to cooperate with any efforts that lead to the improvement of the ESUS as a whole. That is all that we can say on the matter.
This won't end well.
Allanea
Silly Forum Johnnie

Post by Allanea »

[center]Official Message of the Allanean Arms Corporation the ESUS Senate[/center]

We would like to take the time to explain the principles behind our gates' operation. Again, any nation can program the artificial intelligence to stop particular ships, or ships related to certain nations. The purpose of an artificial intelligence is only to allow for easier maintenance of the gates [it's easier to just have a controlling chip than a habitable station, and cheaper, too], and to ensure the observation of various safety protocols.

However, we would like to believe that this power to stop vessels will not be abused by member nations, as that would impare trade in a most barbaric fashion.

[center]Official Message of the Nivensky-Ringworld Foundation[/center]

We would like to restate our position that 120 gates in total are to be made available. They will be disseminated to Skeelzania (2 gates,for Solomon and Drenmark) and The Cerberus Alliance (1 gate). Further, should the vision of an 'armored' ESUS hub system be approved by ESUS membership, we will donate weaponry to protect and support it forth-with.

We have the vision of arming the system with the following weapons systems:

1.Orbiting defense platforms at the Lagrange Points of every planet.
2.A fleet of 4,000 cruiser-grade drone warships, controlled centrally. No need to arm the place with carriers – any light craft will deploy from the planetary surface.
3.Hungry STL Von Neumann drones in the Kuiper belt. They'll be too slow to endanger anyone in-system, but woe to anybody who might want to sneak in via STL.
4.High-yield beam cannon in on the surface of the planets, using the oceans (or the poles) to vent heat. As we say in Allanea, 'we weren't using the ecosystem anyway'.
5.Supplies of spare parts, missiles, bombs, etc. for ESUS nations.

P.S. A gate in Sol, within reach and strike range of Allanean weapons and starships, already exists.

OOC: Kevin Nivensky keeps up the pretense that the NRF and Allanean Arms are separate entities.
Trailers
Take Off Every Zig For Great Justice!
Prefix: The Glorious Hellenic Empire
Name: Trailers

Post by Trailers »

OOC: Naturally, this happens AFTER I spend some 1.6 trillion on a mere 3 rings. .-.

Oh well, 3 more than the rest of ya
Traileric Empire

Guide our souls to the Elysium Fields
Bear us home upon our shields
Lay coins across our brows and sound the bells
We're paying our fare on the river to Hell
And when our sons and mothers lay us upon the funeral pyre
Tell them we died Hellenic soldiers with our faces to the fire
Allanea
Silly Forum Johnnie

Post by Allanea »

OOC: What, are my suggestions so boring? :wink:
Balrogga
ESUS Testicle Monster

Post by Balrogga »

OOC:

The Fallen Empire would not need any of these so I have not replied. No offense, it's just that establishing a jump point for a nomadic nation would be kinda foolish.
Zerstorendar
ESUS Hot Lunch
Prefix: The Mannlich Imperium of
Name: Zerstorendar

Post by Zerstorendar »

OOC: I want some, I will reply.

As long as they work perfectly between galaxies, of course.
Xenonier
Uber-Ancients
Prefix: The Projected Irregularity of
Name: Xenonier

Post by Xenonier »

IC.

[center]Semi-Offical been happenings to the concerns of the nation of Allanea. (RE:Message from the Nivensky-Ringworld Foundation to the Senate of the Extra-Solar Union of States)[/center]
Hey there, you adorable short-lived things you. Since this one involves Military issues (as well as because I felt like writing a chafed rippling diplomatic letter, haven't done one in years), I'm writing this. CS and their diplomatic conventions can shove it. Anyway dears, onto the details.

Set up as many as gates you wish outside the star systems outside Penelthor and Izayoi etc. 8 should be around enough to cover the major systems, although you could theoretically bring it closer to 16. Before you complain, yes these Border systems to the Irregularity and yes the nations there will be only too happy to hold them as entrances to our borders. As for the Irregularity itself, you should know how this goes already. We use the Marza system and all trade with ESUS members is generally conducted outside of Xenonian worlds anyway, so there's no point in putting a gate inside our key borders. It's almost like our culture scares people away, or something.

Point two is an unworkable concept in strict word, but not in intention. As I'm sure none of the people of Allanea have forgotten, the combination of proxy bodies and Xenonian post-scarcity society itself makes for a situation where we have no 'students'. Oh sure, Xenonians have bodies devoted to learning, but that's not what you meant, is it? Mind you, I still think we can accept the proposal either way. We might just send a few 'Students' into Skeelzania or Zestorendar to screw with their perceptions of small, red-haired girls. Hell, there's a few tentacle fetishists with spare bodies who might be up for a trip to Meka ... but that's probably not entirely relevant. Anyway. We're up for accepting students who want to spend a little time here (not that we'll see many, heh.) However, the second proposal won't work exactly as you might think in terms of a 'student exchange', even if we are involved. The wonders of being different, I suppose.

The final proposal should really go without saying. The ESUS should really get around to just holding a council, meeting or inquiry onto how to establish a system for improvement anyway. But hey, the Senate has lots of ambassadors and Politicians, so nothing should be getting done anyway!

Hopefully that addresses everything. Send me mail back if you want clarification. For now, I'm going to get smashed and throw myself off mountain peaks for the thrill. Toodles!

- Remilia, 'Daejang'* of the XDF.
*(It means General, you language-illiterate blockheads.)
;>