Interstellar Confederate Alliance

A forum for in-character roleplay. (IC)
Balrogga
ESUS Testicle Monster

Re: Interstellar Confederate Alliance

Post by Balrogga »

...and there is an exception to every rule too.
Solar Communes
ESUS Testicle Monster
Prefix: The Confederation of
Name: Solar Communes

Post by Solar Communes »

There is no exception to the Grandfather Paradox.

Manipulating time is considered a form of quantum suicide, because for Solarians it's merely the act of travelling to another parallel universe and leaving their own behind and unchanged, which would then be inhabited by a parallel existence of your own chronomancer selves to avoid a paradox of you meeting yourself in the past and making your own existence at risk.
ESUS: And with strange Eons, even Death may Die
Arizona Nova
GENTLEMEN, BEHOLD!
Prefix: The Reconstituted Kingdom
Name: Arizona Nova

Post by Arizona Nova »

Solar Communes wrote:There is no exception to the Grandfather Paradox.

Manipulating time is considered a form of quantum suicide, because for Solarians it's merely the act of travelling to another parallel universe and leaving their own behind and unchanged, which would then be inhabited by a parallel existence of your own chronomancer selves to avoid a paradox of you meeting yourself in the past and making your own existence at risk.
So obviously you must consider the chronomancers to be perilous foes.

Let's be friends. :twisted:
[center]Wit ye well, that when no good men remain to stand against those who choose evil, what will remain to restrain them from unleashing their dark designs?[/center]
~Anikar

{Back Burner}
Balrogga
ESUS Testicle Monster

Post by Balrogga »

HEHEHE

You just made stated the exception to the Grandfather Paradox - Aforced into aternate time lines

Arizona Nova wrote:

So obviously you must consider the chronomancers to be perilous foes.

Let's be friends. :twisted:

ICly we view Temporal Specilization as silly. Why should someone concentrate on just the 4th dimension and it's manipulations when there is a whole multiverse to play with. I guess that is the difference between Chronomancy and Dimensional Powers.

OOCly this would mean they have better chances at using their stuff than we do but that also means I would get a lesser degree of resistance against effect that they use then a full blown Chronomancer possesses. It is an even trade-off
Naggeroth
ESUS Teletubby Fan
Prefix: The Empire of
Name: Naggeroth

Post by Naggeroth »

The Temporal Accord has no power on NationStates anymore and I find it amusing that its signatories still believe they do. Most people haven't even heard of it, so I figure if someone wants to claim reserch into temporal technology they should be able to do it and they shouldn't have to find ooc permission from you to play it at a certine level.

On the time travel itself I don't see any problem with it. I include in the basis of my fleet temporal shielding capable of deflecting most attacks sufficiently to make the story interesting. Its possible to travel through time but not exactly common and tends to be frowned upon in most cases. The nature of my FTL drive actually allows Time Travel as well and the fleet is protected against time line alteration. Despite this the military doesn't use the temporal by-product because its deemed Irrisponsible and changing history reqires to much guess work as to the ripple effect a single change could have.
Arizona Nova
GENTLEMEN, BEHOLD!
Prefix: The Reconstituted Kingdom
Name: Arizona Nova

Post by Arizona Nova »

Balrogga wrote:ICly we view Temporal Specilization as silly. Why should someone concentrate on just the 4th dimension and it's manipulations when there is a whole multiverse to play with. I guess that is the difference between Chronomancy and Dimensional Powers.

OOCly this would mean they have better chances at using their stuff than we do but that also means I would get a lesser degree of resistance against effect that they use then a full blown Chronomancer possesses. It is an even trade-off
Time binds the multiverse together. Instead, you should be viewing the chronomancer as the only realistic threat to your "people."
[center]Wit ye well, that when no good men remain to stand against those who choose evil, what will remain to restrain them from unleashing their dark designs?[/center]
~Anikar

{Back Burner}
Balrogga
ESUS Testicle Monster

Post by Balrogga »

Much of the Multiverse exists outside Time and it's effects.
Metallinauts
Prefix: The
Name: Metallinautsi Federation

Post by Metallinauts »

Naggeroth wrote:<Snip>
They don't require OOC permission from me. If my nation ICly deems that the nation is becoming dangerous in their research we step in and set shit straight.

Not to mention that would be metagaming which is not something I do :P
Telros
ESUS Danza Slap
Prefix: The Dominion of
Name: Telros

Post by Telros »

Well, you could step in only if they agreed to it. If they didn't want to do a thread with you, you'd be jolly well fucked mate.
Pyramid Facehugger would be fucking brutal. I don't know if I'll ever get to sleep with the thought of that genocidal rape behemoth rampaging through the large-eyed schoolgirls swimming in a sea of biceps that populate my subconscious.

Oh you're starving? WELL FUCK YOU THEN, HADUKEN!
-- Proof that the Old Testament God was a dick.
Metallinauts
Prefix: The
Name: Metallinautsi Federation

Post by Metallinauts »

MHm, I am just saying what would go in to my canon