Alive and Kicking (a RP)

A forum for in-character roleplay. (IC)
Bandalok
The Mindset's Bitch
Prefix: The United States Of
Name: Allanea

Alive and Kicking (a RP)

Post by Bandalok »

Trapped by the immense gravity of a gas giant, the forested moon of the Cenva system circles endlessly like a befuddled canine chases its own wagging tail. Ohdai III, a moist, hot, insect infested rainforest of the traditional sort was once a fortified military outpost of the Divine Empire. But now, years after the isolationist decline, wherein the Empire lost many important systems due to general neglect, the moon is simply an unclaimed trade outpost for exotic goods. No one questions identity, for if you have the Fendro-slugs, he will have the credits.

Gasping, labored breathing, and stumbling footsteps – the easily distinguishable Bandalok gnome sprinted through a collection of brush before finally stopping in a small clearing. He looked back in the direction he had come, watching the sky for any sign of movement, and listening - expectantly waiting for the telltale buzz of wings that had been following him for the past hour. Silence. Not a croak, yip or wail, filtered though the air. Complete silence. Not good.
The ragged survivor started a run across the clearing, and just as he reached the line of foliage on the other side a thick stinger attached to the end of a 2.4m long Ohdai Relpir moved from behind a tree and embedded itself into the chest of the unfortunate gnome. As the stinger retracted, he fell to his knees and was promptly beheaded by the quick slash of a forearm.
“Haha! You lose Jericho, now where’s my landanix?�
“Oh for the…Do you train those suboids to be stupid, or should I just stop gambling with you?�
“Now, now, there’s no need for false accusations. That one did get quite far.�
“But not bloody far enough…Here’s your damn landanix…oh and the shipment is already offloaded my ship. I thank you for the generous paycheck, now I’m getting the hell outta this jungle�
“Come back anytime, captain! I do enjoy the sight of that freighter…the Gordo was it?�
The captain continued walking away with a barely audible “whatever� and a wave.

Master Waff, the local crime boss, is the ex-military vigilante solely responsible for the attack against the heart of the Skeelzanian Principality and the desolation of Azuk II. Thousands were killed on the surface of the planet, more in the battle that took place in the space above. Hunted by both the Skeelzanian and Bandalok authorities he fled to the neglected Cenva system to lick his wounds. Now the master takes a piece out of all dealings made on the planet and slowly builds a new fleet with which to defeat his enemies.
Above the small moon, a massive Kesk circles in low orbit. Left by the Bandalok military, it now serves as a well armed supply station and docking hold for ships too large or damaged to enter the atmosphere. Former Bandalok ships, and ships modified with unique organic technology patrol the area providing protection for the inhabitants of the station and the surface below.
The starport-city of Yuvlo is built within the encircling cliff walls of a wide plateau. Platforms cut out of the rock and wooden shanties hanging on by threaded straps litter the cliff-side. Personal housing and rooms-for-rent spread out from the cliffs and intertwine with the tree tops, the winding paths create a sort of floating maze, hovering over the canopied jungle. All things from rare drugs to useless trinkets are sold and bartered for. The starport is located on the flat top of the plateau, along with all the remedial repair shops and service garages. And somewhere within the city lies Master Waff; scheming his next move.

OOC: This is a half-assedly planed RP between me and Skeelzania. It has its roots in a story back a while ago. If anyone wants to plop a character in, go ahead, but wait for Skeelzania's first post.
God is an imaginary friend for grown-ups.
Bandalok Factbook
Galactic Cartography
Skeelzania
ESUS Nipple-o-rama

Post by Skeelzania »

Inverness System, Skeelzanian frontier

The freighter plowed through space, its ion drives straining to the utmost. CL turrets fired super-heated gas through space, wildly tracking targets. On the Gordo’s bridge, Jericho watched the Skeelzanian frigate close rapidly. They had had the misfortune of exiting hyperspace directly in front of the frigate’s patrol path, which had immediately given chase. The Gordo had been plying the trade lanes for years now, and was the chief supplier of narcotics in Skeelzanian space. A tempting prize for any gung-ho captain.

At the Gordo’s stern, an SKZMS-09 Achilles dodged PD fire, its pilot beautifully maneuvering between the beams of light. Deftly disabling a turret with a burst of autocannon fire, the pilot landed his suit directly on top of the massive IE Drives. Tossing his expended weapon away, he knelt, finding the joint between the armor plates. Drawing his left arm back, he slammed the Achilles’ Spike Shield down, the force equaling thousands of pounds per square inch. Withdrawing the shield, he lined up one of the wrist-mounted machineguns.

The bridge gave a noticeable lurch as the engines became riddled scrap, denying the Gordo any hope of escape. “Comms, signal the Skeelzanian. Tell him we surrender.�

The captain’s suite of the SKZ-CV84 was glaringly different from that of the Gordo. Mahogany paneling covered the walls, and the floor tiles appeared to be meteoric rock. The Captain, no doubt a lordling whose family had paid for refurbishment, gazed at Jericho disapprovingly. “Captain Jericho, late of the commercial freighter Gordo, you are no doubt aware of the punishment reserved for those who peddle narcotics to our nation’s children.� Jericho knew all right. He had seen plenty of disembowelments on Solomon. The lordling continued. “Since we are on the Frontier, the nearest government post being 3 parsecs distant, handing you over to the Judicial System would be too troublesome. Thus, consider this your trial, and me your judge, jury and executioner. Is there anything you would like to say in your defense?�

The smuggler looked down coolly at the officer. “I know the whereabouts of former-Master Waff, Butcher of Azuk II and wanted for crimes against the Principality. I can lead you to him.�

The Skeelzanian’s eyes bulged. “Waff, you know where to find him?�

“Yes. Though do not think I will reveal it to you. Take me back to Solomon, and I will guide your forces. In exchange, at the end of the operation I will be given back the Gordo.�

Cenva System, Bandalok Frontier
With characteristic bluntness, the Skeelzanian Fleet erupted from hyperspace between Ohdai III and its yellow sun. More than two dozen ships, including a Targaryen and two Typhon carriers, turned menacingly towards the small jungle-moon.

On the bridge of the SKZ-BB07 Waakzaamheid, Vice Admiral Van Cleef frowned at the bulbous Kesk currently filling the view screen. “And Waff is here, on that steamy backwater Jericho?�

Behind him, the smuggler nodded. “Hes got some estates on the planet. Something of a crime boss. I don’t know how many ships he has.�

The grizzled veteran’s frown deepened. It had been a long time since Azuk II, where his cruiser had been ambushed by Waff’s forces. The life-span enhancing procedures had been painful, but they were worth it if they gave him the chance to wreak his revenge. “I see. Comms, signal that…thing. Tell them that any resistance against our investigation here will be met with overwhelming force. Notify the carriers that they should prepare for drop operations.�

With a silent roar, the engines of every ship in the fleet thundered to life, slowly propelling the armada towards Ohdai III.

OCC: Skeelzanian Fleet:
1 Targaryen, the Waakzaamheid
2 Ahzi Dahaki[/I heavy cruisers
2 Typhon class carriers
10 Fenrir cruisers
8 Gustav cruisers
12 Draco Kai corvettes
4 Ladon corvettes
"Emperor of Skeelzania, Grand Prince of Solomon, Champion of the Guards, Defender of the Race, Lord of Hosts, and Heir to the Great Bad Skeelz."

Official title of the ruler of Skeelzania
Bandalok
The Mindset's Bitch

Post by Bandalok »

Lopo, the sleepy communications technician, knocked over his steaming cup of Fendro coffee and nearly burned off his arm in a bleary eyed attempt to respond to the Skeelzanian fleet. “Ow! Damn!…uh err [cough]…Waakzaamheid, this is the Ohdai Bazaar. What was that again?� The technician cleaned himself up while the message was repeated. “Uh…of course. The people of this station would probably be more than willing to cooperate with whatever problems you have. Lets see…Bay three is open and ready to receive. You wouldn’t happen to want a list of shops located on the station would you?�

News of the newly arrived fleet quickly reached the ears of Master Waff. “Recall the ships! Ready the creature pens! And send my personal guards to the tunnels!� His forces began to mobilize on the surface, while patrolling starships, and those on extended missions were recalled to the Kesk. Though it would be a while before out of system reinforcements arrived.

ooc: ships currently patrolling the area
5 Barak cruisers
10 Lesh destroyers
10 assorted pirate ships, destroyer class
Bandalok Factbook
Galactic Cartography
Skeelzania
ESUS Nipple-o-rama

Post by Skeelzania »

Van Cleef ignored the sales pitch, ordering his fleet to take up orbit around the planet. The Waakzaamheid itself took up position several thousand meters away from the Kesk, the four railgun turrets swining around into firing position. The rest of the fleet followed suit, training their weapons on various ships and the city itself.

On board the lead Typhon carrier, massive hanger doors swung open, disgorging a toal of five Sin'Gal dropships. Four headed for Ohdai III, streaking through the atmosphere, the pilots manuevered their craft into the town starport. With a hiss of hydralics, the massive craft settled on the floor plating, curious ground crew pressing as close as they dared. Motors whirred to life, and the cargo door swung down, revealing a dark interior.

With a sudden roar and burst of smoke, the 110-tons of mechanized fury aptly named the Gregor Clegane lurched forward onto the tarmac. Side turrets swept the crowd menacingly, as two elite squads of Panzer Grenadiers marched out on either side of the tank. The next shuttle opened to reveal a second Gregor, while the remaining two deposited 100 Grunts each.

The commanding officer, a captain by the looks of it, mounted the first Gregor's turret with a loud speaker and addressed the crowd. "People of Ohdai III, by order of the Grand Prince Himself, we have come here in search of an enemy of the Principality. Waff, former Master of Bandalok and traitor to the Holy Empire, is somewhere on this planet. We are offering a 100,000 Baskz reward for his exact location. Any attempt to hide him will result in this planet being purged."

Back in space, the fifth Sin'Gal broke away from its fellow, instead landing in the Number Three Berth of the Kesk. When its doors swung down, 100 fully armored FS Infantry trooped out. Their shoulder-patch, displaying a planet wreathed in fire, identified them as the Third Mechanized Division.

Their leader scanned the landing bay, seizing a suboid scuttling across the floor. Lifting the hapless gnome high above his head, he ordered him to bring the station-master down for a chat.
"Emperor of Skeelzania, Grand Prince of Solomon, Champion of the Guards, Defender of the Race, Lord of Hosts, and Heir to the Great Bad Skeelz."

Bandalok
The Mindset's Bitch

Post by Bandalok »

ooc: so you know, the station and planet is not entirely run and inhabited by gnomes. Waff and a handfull of other gnomes are the only full Masters, and suboid servants linger around the areas their master is. Humans and other races make up the rest of the Ohdai population.
Bandalok Factbook
Galactic Cartography
Bandalok
The Mindset's Bitch

Post by Bandalok »

Spread out before the overbearing tanks on the starport tarmac, the crowd simply mumbled incoherently. Most of the crowd members started toward public transports or their own personal ships, thinking they might be able to make it off-planet before things got bad.

Station-Master Fent rushed down to the landing bay, accompanied by a handfull of pampering servants. "What is the meaning of this? I have an army of giants in my landing bay, and I've been rudely called away from my duties...What is it you want?"

Bandalok Factbook
Galactic Cartography
Skeelzania
ESUS Nipple-o-rama

Post by Skeelzania »

The infantry Captain watched the crowd begin to disperse, his grey eyes following a group of humans to their shuttle. He spoke a few words into his comm unit, then clapsed his hands behind him and braced himself. Inside of the tank, the gunner wrestled a few levers into position. The massive turret swung towards the shuttle, whose engines were just turning on. With a loud crack! the 180mm cannon fired a super-heated ball of plasma directly into the ship's midquarters. erupting upon contact. As the hull turned to molten slag, the pilot wildly jerked the control-stick, sending the shuttle careening into a hanger wall.

Turning from the spectacle, the Captain addressed the frozen crowd. "All travel off-planet has been canceled. Ohdai III and the orbiting station are now under Skeelzanian blockade; any attempting to leave Ohdai II will be terminated."

A sargeant gave a cry in battle-speak, and the two hundred troops broke off into seperate squads, each going into the surronding city and beginning a house to house search, bayonets-fixed.

The FS Knight looked down on the gnome, literally. The grey-skinned being only came up to about his waist. "Station-Master...whatever you are. We have received word that the wanted criminal and terrorist, Master Waff, is residing somewhere on the planet surface, or possibly this station. By order of the Grand Prince, the Cenva System has been occupied by elements of the Skeelzanian Armed Forces, so as to conduct an thorough search for Waff." The helmcomm inside the Knight's suit crackled to life, its words inaudible over Fent's protests. "Master Fent, our commander, Admiral Van Cleef, humbly requests your presence at dinner, onboard the Waakzaamheid. During that time, my men will be conducting a complete search of this station.

Behind him, the armored Guardsmen shifted their SARs, no emotions showing through their black plazglass faceplates.

Meanwhile, back on the planet surface, three squads entered the Ohdai Slums...

Bandalok
The Mindset's Bitch

Post by Bandalok »

Looking as prestigious as he could, considering there wasn’t much choice in the matter, Master Fent accepted the dinner invitation. “Very well, I will accept the Admiral’s hospitality in the spirit with which it was given.�

Yuvlo city could be divided into four diverse sections: The Starport, the Cliffside Market, the Residential Treetops, and the Slums.
The Slums is located beneath the canopy of trees, on the forest floor, where people too poor, or too drunk, live their lives. Dug out trunks of giant trees and wooden shanties denote the various lower class shops and homes. The shadows and odorous wastes thrown down from the city above create massive mounds of living fungus and who-knows-what, that in turn, supplies the Slums with its sustenance and income.
Bandalok Factbook
Galactic Cartography
Bandalok
The Mindset's Bitch

Post by Bandalok »

A squat mass of green tentacles wriggled its way over to the Skeelzanian captain at the Starport, and through the use of an unseen translator device, it began to bargain. “I know of a place. The one you are looking for. His personal estate.�
Bandalok Factbook
Galactic Cartography
Skeelzania
ESUS Nipple-o-rama

Post by Skeelzania »

Looking down at the writhing mass of tentacles, the Captain didn't bother hiding his disgust. "So Waff has an estate, does he? Pray, what might YOU want in return for its address?"

Down on the forest floor, 6th and 9th Squads began their slow, stinky search. "Why the hell did we come down here?" Remarked one private, his boot covered with foul-smelling sludge. "If Wacky is some sort of big-shot, he sure as Spoot isn't going to be hiding in some shit hole."

His sergeant turned his attention from a gibbering Monkathoid (a small, monkey-like humanoid) to the trooper. "We came down here because the Cap'n TOLD us to come down here. WILL YOU SHUT THE HELL UP!" With a sickening "crack", the NCO swung his SAR into the side of the Monkathoid's head, causing the furry creature to collapse. "Squad, carry on!" The Skeelzanian troopers continued their search, threatening, clubbing, occasionally stabbing unruly inhabitants who didn't answer their questions quick enough.

The Knight grinned down at Master Fent. "Excellent. Please, follow me to the shuttle."

A few minutes later...

The shuttle locked into place in the Waakzaamheid's docking bay. Master Fent stepped off, and was immediately seized by two Skeelzanian marines. Lifting the struggling Master several feet off the floor, a third marine stripped away his robe, doing a hasty check for hidden weapons. Pronoucing the gnome "Safe", he waved them down one of the corridors.

A door, somewhere within the battleship's bowels, hissed open, and the two marines tossed Master Fent onto the cold steel floor-plating of a darkened room. Before he could fully stand up, a gauntleted fist clamped around the gnome's throat. Once again jerked off the ground, Master Fent found himself face-to-face with Admiral Kharlos Van Cleef. "Hello, Fent. So nice of you to join us."

Room lights switched on, revealing several Skeelzanians standing along the wall, all holding rather painful-looking implements. Also revealed was a large orange hatch, with a simple pull-handle. Still holding the gnome by his throad, Van Cleef slowly turned and advanced towards the hatch. "Perhaps you have guessed why we are here, Master Fent. But perhaps not. We are here searching for Master Waff, terrorist and fugitive of both Skeelzana and Bandalok. We have reason to believe he is hiding somewhere in the vicinity, and being the local powerbroker that you are, that you might know where we can find him." With this last word, the Admiral slammed the Master into the wall, making his eyes bulge slightly.

Pulling back, Van Cleef turned to the orange hatch. Grasping the handle with his free hand, he pulled it out from the wall, revealing a long, dark chute. "You see this, Master Fent? It is what we call a disposal unit. It is rather ingenious. In layman's terms, it sends refuse to the engine firing chambers, where they are blasted into atoms. But it is not that simple, by Spoot no. We simply can't go around, chucking trashbags into the engines. First, refuse goes through an elaborate series of blades, griders, blenders, until becoming a puree if you will. Then this is ejected into the engines." By now the gnome was being held directly over the chute. "These devices can chop through anything short of steel, Master Fent. Including little gnomes who do not cooperate. Now, tell us, where is Waff hiding?"