This is important!!!

A forum for in-character roleplay. (IC)
Sskiss
ESUS Testicle Monster
Prefix: The Great Therapodian Empire of
Name: The Sskiss

This is important!!!

Post by Sskiss »

Looks like the Shivans are trying to "recruit" some new allies.

http://forums2.jolt.co.uk/showthread.php?t=342438
"The Sskiss are prepared to share all - All that YOU have, that is!"

"Life is like a fresh kill, eat as much as you can before it all rots"

"Our blood drenched clade shall reclaim what is rightfully ours - and so wrongly taken from us by a whim of fate"
Penguenia
ESUS Testicle Monster

Post by Penguenia »

Whatever nonshivan nation believes they wont be stabbed in the bad isn't very smart.
Penguenia
Torontonias
ESUS Danza Slap

Post by Torontonias »

It's simple, when the time comes around when the shivans try to blow the ESUS out of the water, they want to have a ESUS-like backing of other nations to even out the score.
Central Facehuggeria
Site Admin
Prefix: The Second Imperium of
Name: Central Facehuggeria

Post by Central Facehuggeria »

Too bad that the ESUS includes most of the major space nations. The ones with big and or powerful fleets. :P
"Please tell me that you haven't heard military gossip about a fleet of invisible battleplates."
Sskiss
ESUS Testicle Monster
Prefix: The Great Therapodian Empire of
Name: The Sskiss

Post by Sskiss »

Okay, Okay, I get the picture! We don't need to worry! :roll: :wink:
"The Sskiss are prepared to share all - All that YOU have, that is!"

"Life is like a fresh kill, eat as much as you can before it all rots"

"Our blood drenched clade shall reclaim what is rightfully ours - and so wrongly taken from us by a whim of fate"
Mekanta
ESUS Spambot
Prefix: The Eternal Empire of
Name: Jordaxia

Post by Mekanta »

Neo-Mekanta will be joining them.

And I know the Shivans don't have the balls to try to backstab them. Not without techstealing to try to get a defence against the Minagoroshi.

So expect sporatic tech boosts on the Shivan side. Because Mr. Sci-Fi Writer is going to be helping them too.
Central Facehuggeria
Site Admin

Mekanta wrote:Neo-Mekanta will be joining them.

And I know the Shivans don't have the balls to try to backstab them. Not without techstealing to try to get a defence against the Minagoroshi.

So expect sporatic tech boosts on the Shivan side. Because Mr. Sci-Fi Writer is going to be helping them too.
That's not a good sign. Some of my really really old troops still remember the Neo-Mekantan tentacles, revenants, and MAI-Xs. The newer Neo-Mekantan units are likely to be even worse.

Also, err...What's a 'Minagoroshi?'
"Please tell me that you haven't heard military gossip about a fleet of invisible battleplates."
Mekanta
ESUS Spambot

Post by Mekanta »

-BIG OOC-

Good question, CF.

Eh, I'll go ahead and give the spoiler.

Minagoroshi translates from Japanese as "Wholesale Slaughter" "Massacre" or "Anihilation"

It's a nanite weapon. Planetbuster/Worldkiller class, also ruthlessly effective against fleets and uberships.

Neo-Mekanta takes the Mekantan tradition of E^3 or "Examine, Evolve, Exterminate" to new levels. The Minagoroshi can be used via missile, bomb, transpace mortar, kamikaze, focused transmission particle beam, loose cloud, or any number of other ways thier twisted little mechanical brains can think of.

Each individual Hitogoroshi ("Murderer") nanite will interact with surrounding matter, using sophisticated micronized matter reconfigurators to change, say, buildings on the surface of a planet into more Hitogoroshi. The Hitogoroshi are capable of moving freely on thier own, and will actively destroy anything on the planet. The same goes for ships, people... even the matter inside Shivan Subspace...

The Minagoroshi is a pure collective tied to the Unification, and adapts quickly. The Hitogoroshi possess shield piercing abilities, and will begin adjusting to different shield types as they encounter them. WIth the scale they attack in, it's likely one will be at the correct modulation to enter. And one nanite running unchecked is all it takes for disaster.

Neo-Mekanta is, IC, still working on them. But the ability to copy technology absorbed by Minagoroshi will likely allow Neo-Mekanta to evolve even quicker.

Of course, Mekanta doesn't know any of this IC. Neither does anyone else. So it'll be a while before any counternanite system is developed.
Central Facehuggeria
Site Admin

Oh dear. That is really bad. I guess I must have been subconciously thinking about evil nanite weapons when I made the extrea four meters of armor on my ubership. Of course, I highly doubt that my third generation nanites will be able to stave off the bajillions of Neo-Mekantan nanites that will undoubtedly launch themselves at my ubership.

Basically, if I get a full scan on those things, I'm going to run with my tail between my legs. :D

Wait a second...What if a shield doesn't have a modulation? What if it's just a solid layer of electrons or something?

Edit: It is times like these that I wish I had invested in EMP weapons. I mean, I can technically launch EMP missiles from omni missile racks, but I don't usually keep such weapons on hand. They're considered "Dishonorable" by my command staff. :P
Last edited by Guest on Sat Jul 24, 2004 9:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mekanta
ESUS Spambot

Post by Mekanta »

-OOC-

They'll try to force thier way through. Using thier bretheren as nanite shields. ^_^