F*CK

A forum for in-character roleplay. (IC)
Metallinauts
Prefix: The
Name: Metallinautsi Federation

F*CK

Post by Metallinauts »

I have 1700 Shivans in my system, anyone care to aid me?
Metallinauts

Post by Metallinauts »

Is it me or is the "Gate" a god mod? Cause my ignore finger is itchin' real bad http://forums2.jolt.co.uk/showthread.php?t=343245
Central Facehuggeria
Site Admin
Prefix: The Second Imperium of
Name: Central Facehuggeria

Post by Central Facehuggeria »

It doesn't seem like a godmod. I mean, a wormhole is pretty much a standard SciFi staple. That doesn't change the fact that I still think they're giant worms.

Wait a second, you have 1700? I'll look into it.

And I don't suppose you could point me to a thread?
"Please tell me that you haven't heard military gossip about a fleet of invisible battleplates."
Metallinauts

Post by Metallinauts »

That is the link, I was mistaken he said he sent ships, but I cannot except a random attack from a gazillion lys away that kills 98% of my pop on my home planet (which he cant even name)
Sskiss
ESUS Testicle Monster
Prefix: The Great Therapodian Empire of
Name: The Sskiss

Post by Sskiss »

It's a godmod for sure! How the hell would he even know where to find you in the first place? I think these uber techs are starting to get out of hand.
"The Sskiss are prepared to share all - All that YOU have, that is!"

"Life is like a fresh kill, eat as much as you can before it all rots"

"Our blood drenched clade shall reclaim what is rightfully ours - and so wrongly taken from us by a whim of fate"
Central Facehuggeria
Site Admin

Metallinauts wrote:That is the link, I was mistaken he said he sent ships, but I cannot except a random attack from a gazillion lys away that kills 98% of my pop on my home planet (which he cant even name)
He gave YOU a chance to call your own damage. You can always say the gate opened up in a sparesely populated area of your planet, two hundred million killed or so...

Basically, it's a legitimate attack. Of course it's a cheap gimmick like my black hole weapons, and it won't work too often, but it is still a legitimate attack.
"Please tell me that you haven't heard military gossip about a fleet of invisible battleplates."
CorpSac
ESUS Danza Slap

Post by CorpSac »

he may not say what your homeworld is so.........it could be the homeworld of a newly settled system lol say i dont know only 1 million people on the planet (what shock you killed a million of my people oh well) as he never stated were he attacked thats what i would do (his fualt for not doing his research and PMing you) hell you could even say that its less then 1 million people like 100,000 he never sead what planet.

i say:
let the attack to have happened on a small just settled planet with about 50,000 people he cant complain as he never gave a name to the planet he attack lol
Central Facehuggeria
Site Admin

Well, it does say "Right in the middle of their largest city" doesn't it...

So you've got to decide how large your largest city is and work from there. Heck, your largest city probably has no more than thirty million people in it.
Argheraal
The Mindset's Bitch
Prefix: The Second Imperium Of

Post by Argheraal »

CF: You forget, you have no idea this is happening, nor what is causing it. Furthermore, the wormhole is, as I said (But I forgot that you probably didn't read past the first ten sentences) very short-lived. It serves a purpose, then collapses. A one-way ticket is all the Gate guarantees. In short, kindly bugger off.
As it says: VERY SHORT LIVED.
A: The Gate, and most main generators take up an area that is roughly the same size as Russia. A massive amount of power is required to create something like this, so anything smaller would be bordering on ridiculous. You forget that a World Station is, as IB said, the size of Jupiter, so this size is really not so absurd as you think. Most of the Station is reactors, generators, and defense mechanisms. As few technicians are needed, living quarters and food stores are largely unnecessary. Most of the functions are computer controlled, so a skeleton crew is all that is required. Anyway, you're right about the potential to collapse the planet. I'm saving that for after the Metallinaut people have suffered a bit.
GODMOD?: most likely...

Hell, i am about to convince GOD and his son Jesus to become allies of ESUS to join the fight against the Shivans. :wink:

And i agree with Mindset, you just dont step on someone's front door and say Bang! you are dead! See ya!

You contact the other player and plan on how things turn out, you dont, then you Godmod.. no matter how good RPer he is (The order of reptiles)
Especially as I have a long and rich history as a skilled roleplayer
Join Now! And See The Universe Today!
And If You Are Lucky, Tomorrow Too!
CorpSac
ESUS Danza Slap

Post by CorpSac »

Central Facehuggeria wrote:Well, it does say "Right in the middle of their largest city" doesn't it...

So you've got to decide how large your largest city is and work from there. Heck, your largest city probably has no more than thirty million people in it.
ya so never stated a planet, no stateing a planet then you can say its the smallist good for nothing world you got and the person cant complan lol i love it when people do say what planet they attack you can make there attack so useless (what he desives lol)