Peace in our time, if only for a little while?

A forum for in-character roleplay. (IC)
Central Facehuggeria
Site Admin
Prefix: The Second Imperium of
Name: Central Facehuggeria

Peace in our time, if only for a little while?

Post by Central Facehuggeria »

Shivans want peace?

It appears the Shivans want peace. Granted we all know they'll betray us eventually, but frankly, this would give us some much needed breathers. Plus, it would let us concentrate on other annoyances...

I'd certainly be willing to sign a peace treaty. Even if I knew it was only temporary.

Edit: Look at the post directly below Wormia's rant.
"Please tell me that you haven't heard military gossip about a fleet of invisible battleplates."
Metallinauts
Prefix: The
Name: Metallinautsi Federation

Post by Metallinauts »

Im in
The Mindset
Prefix: Den interstellera republik av
Name: The Mindset

Post by The Mindset »

I agree that a cease fire is a welcome oppertunity. However, it shouldn't mean we step down our military alertness, nor should be drop our guard.
Central Facehuggeria
Site Admin

The Mindset wrote:I agree that a cease fire is a welcome oppertunity. However, it shouldn't mean we step down our military alertness, nor should be drop our guard.
Indeed. It would just be a breather, to let us build up our military unmolested. Plus, we could finally crush certain annoying nations without having to split our forces.
"Please tell me that you haven't heard military gossip about a fleet of invisible battleplates."
Mekanta
ESUS Spambot
Prefix: The Eternal Empire of
Name: Jordaxia

Post by Mekanta »

What might take them off guard is if we attack them first.

So far throughout the war, the Shivans have made the first move. This time, however, if we move first we'll gain an advantage.

We meet thier representatives, but the whole time we're making preparations to strike them fast and hard.
The Mindset
Prefix: Den interstellera republik av
Name: The Mindset

Post by The Mindset »

Unfortunately, IBs reasons seem to be mostly OOC, so that may not work Mekanta. Jordaxia informs me he wishes to go back to modern tech for a while, but IB is refusing to let on anything about the stances of the other Shivan nations. Therefore, I conclude that they are still hostile, and only IB wants this cease fire.
Feazanthia

Post by Feazanthia »

Still, IB represents the majority of the Shivan Imperium. Ekardia we can ignore due to his truly atrocious RPing skills. Reptile is just one empire. We can crush him with little difficulty. I say we go for it (seeing as I'm the one doing it).
Nations drown in turmoil
As blood is set upon soil
Peace is a lost dream
My sword is a merciless reality

The enemy creeps in darkness
And dwindles my people
My enemy turns worlds to deserts
With the heat of his enmity

Crimson seas call my name
Caves of death beckon me
The worlds have been doomed
Time has set itself against us

The redemption of my era
Will be brought about by fire
For I am the messiah of my age
Forgive me for the heavens torn asunder
Torontonias
ESUS Danza Slap

Post by Torontonias »

Although not the most Miliarily active nation in this Alliance, This ongoing conflict is still proving costly for us, so we would be glad to sign a Cease-Fire agreement for the time being.
Mekanta
ESUS Spambot
Prefix: The Eternal Empire of
Name: Jordaxia

Post by Mekanta »

True, but IB is the most troublesome nation. Most of the really godmodish stuff has been comming from his end. Granted, Ekardia has numbers and Reptiles has that Wormhole thingie, but those two can be stomped. Once they go down, the Shivans will lose thier command structure...

Granted, if my Neo-Mekanta plans go through, that'll just leave a power vacuum to start exerting pressure on former Shivan Imperiium and Hammer of Light members after everything collapses. Kind of a stick and carrot approach. "Follow me, and you'll be rewarded. Oppose us, and Minagoroshi won't go hungry. Wakarimasuka?" (Translation: Wakarimasuka = "Understand?")

So is this a blessing, or a curse?
Central Facehuggeria
Site Admin

Mekanta: It's a blessing, obviously. We would actually have a GOOD opponent that WOULDN'T godmod. Heck, maby you could even push the other Shivans into the good RP niche.