OOC: Where the Shivans have fled to

A forum for in-character roleplay. (IC)
CorpSac
ESUS Danza Slap

Post by CorpSac »

The Mindset wrote:I think that CF was referring to the fact that Klonor uses subspace for ftl, too.
ya but it can be a different Subspace (like ST subspace or even his own, since a race scentists could call my Hyperspace Subspace lol if you know what i mean)
The Mindset
Prefix: Den interstellera republik av
Name: The Mindset

Post by The Mindset »

CorpSac wrote:
The Mindset wrote:I think that CF was referring to the fact that Klonor uses subspace for ftl, too.
ya but it can be a different Subspace (like ST subspace or even his own, since a race scentists could call my Hyperspace Subspace lol if you know what i mean)
Nope, Klonor uses Freespace subspace, the same as the Shivans.
Five Civilized Nations
Mecha Maniac

Post by Five Civilized Nations »

From my talks with Klonor, he actually uses a very different from of subspace than the Shivans...
Member of the ESUS
Former Member of the GDA
Founding Member of the IADF (Dissolved)

Member of the APTO
Member of the CAP

Member of the OPM
Member of NATO

Member of NWO
Member of the LoD

5CN on Wiki
Great services are not canceled by one act or by one single error."--Benjamin Disraeli
The Mindset
Prefix: Den interstellera republik av
Name: The Mindset

Post by The Mindset »

Five Civilized Nations wrote:From my talks with Klonor, he actually uses a very different from of subspace than the Shivans...
Ah well. Perhaps I'm wrong, in that case.
Jordaxia
Mecha Maniac

Post by Jordaxia »

Yup, Klonor uses standard freespace subspace, I believe, whereas Shivans use realm form subspace. Freespace subspace=tunnels Shivan subspace= smaller version of the universe.
"Don't imitate anyone, even if they're admirable. When things lose their individuality, they descend into chaos. The thing you should fear most is the loss of your individuality. Disregard advancement. Live by your own truth. Preserve what is genuine within yourself."
-Guo Xiang.

I hate ST warp core drives! They're like; "hi, I'm basic physics. Care to FUCK ME IN THE ARSE?" -Me.
Aegeus

Post by Aegeus »

I see. well if they cant get out quickly enough, we cna jsut wipe them out with a massive multi-nation assault force. we could get Blade to nova the hel outta their stars

*starts humming 7 nation army*
Theology:
Quitters never win, winners never quit,
but those who never win AND never quit are idiots.
-Aaron
------------------------
Jordaxia:
War was good until you Yanks came along with your aircraft carriers and broke it.

Jordaxia:
"sir, there's a tank column approaching!"
Doesn't matter, I'll use my carrier!
*Carrier fucks tank column over*

Aegeus:
OMGNOEEEZ!
Central Facehuggeria
Site Admin
Prefix: The Second Imperium of
Name: Central Facehuggeria

Post by Central Facehuggeria »

Hmm...Here's my NEW plan.

First off we have to find where they're hiding ICly. Probes, other stuff, etc.
Once we do that, we can literally trap them in their system, so that we may deal with them at our leisure. How? Simple, Kanuckistan, you've got FTLi that can stop wormholes from forming, right? So if you were to get one of those with enough range to cover the entire system, we could trap the Shivans in Yarin without risking any of our forces. We could then deal with them at whatever time suited us.
"Please tell me that you haven't heard military gossip about a fleet of invisible battleplates."
Underwater Asylum
ESUS Teletubby Fan

Post by Underwater Asylum »

Take them alive. Or at least some.
Leader of the SCC. I also command a legion of monkeys.
CorpSac
ESUS Danza Slap

Post by CorpSac »

let fire a few nova warheads into the sun or even a HST warhead into the sun (would love to see what would happen if i designed a HST weapon that could get near the center of a sun and then Expolde and make a hyperspace tear inside the sun)
Kanuckistan
ESUS Testicle Monster

Post by Kanuckistan »

CorpSac wrote:...a few battleplate here and a battleplate there....
Battleplates don't grow on trees, yaknow; they're a non-expendible asset.

Central Facehuggeria wrote:Hmm...Here's my NEW plan.

First off we have to find where they're hiding ICly. Probes, other stuff, etc.
Once we do that, we can literally trap them in their system, so that we may deal with them at our leisure. How? Simple, Kanuckistan, you've got FTLi that can stop wormholes from forming, right? So if you were to get one of those with enough range to cover the entire system, we could trap the Shivans in Yarin without risking any of our forces. We could then deal with them at whatever time suited us.
Only for so long as it took them to outrange or destroy the FTLi generator, so it's not a long term soloution. My 'catch all', however, is ASPEW-based, and those things are fricken huge and 'spensive if you want this kinda range out of them; normally I use lesser systems, like the TSBE, which will do what you want(block hyper/sub/etc space and wormholes), but if they use US/IB's 'infinite energy' excuse, they'll still have subspace sheilded worldships, and maybe wormholes, unless you want to get into a heated tech argument.

I do have a new weapon, however; sense the encounter with the Shiva, I've been extensivly modifying a few of my 'Strategic' warheads(given the firepower I generally play with, calling something a 'strategic' should be telling). Well, maybe modifying is the wrong word; it's more akin to taking the high explosives and electronics from of a smart bomb, and using them to build an atomic bomb.

It's not quite ready yet, but soon enough I will have a limited number of 'Toroidal Singularity Bombs'. They should kill Worldships nicely, me thinks. :twisted: