Time to Kill the Shivans Once And For All

A forum for in-character roleplay. (IC)
Feazanthia

Time to Kill the Shivans Once And For All

Post by Feazanthia »

Feazanthia has the coordinates of the Shivan system, Yarin. We are already preparing for an attack at the Yarin system. Frankly, I think nova-ing the sun is, well, cowardly. And we aren't cowardly. We're the ESUS! We're the good guys! Anyhoo, I say we make this a battle to remember. I say we send in a few of our best ships and wipe the Shivans out. Without their precious "Shiva", they're doomed. Here's what I'm comitting...so far.

1 Neodammerung Juggernought
3 Citizen Dreadnoughts
7 Neghvar Battleships
Nations drown in turmoil
As blood is set upon soil
Peace is a lost dream
My sword is a merciless reality

The enemy creeps in darkness
And dwindles my people
My enemy turns worlds to deserts
With the heat of his enmity

Crimson seas call my name
Caves of death beckon me
The worlds have been doomed
Time has set itself against us

The redemption of my era
Will be brought about by fire
For I am the messiah of my age
Forgive me for the heavens torn asunder
Central Facehuggeria
Site Admin
Prefix: The Second Imperium of
Name: Central Facehuggeria

Post by Central Facehuggeria »

Remember there are four worldships here. We're going to need quite a bit of firepower here.
"Please tell me that you haven't heard military gossip about a fleet of invisible battleplates."
Wormia
Uber-Ancients
Prefix: The Grand Imperial Dominion of
Name: Penguenia

Post by Wormia »

Hmm. I think the worldships would be most effectively handled by some well placed ZPE bombs. Of course... those are WMD ... so that'd probably be regarded as a cheap shot.

Meh.
The Federated Stellar Republics of Wormia
Chancellor George Thomas IV
View Wormia Here
Wormian Military Craft and Technology Specifications

"Nations have no friends, only interests."
Aegeus

Post by Aegeus »

Well, my plan is this. Start the sun novaing, and then, depending on how lon g the shivans have, we bring in a ton of FLTi equipped ships and abttle it out on a timer. then as the nova gets close, our ships jump out, whilst the shivans get blown to smithies.
Theology:
Quitters never win, winners never quit,
but those who never win AND never quit are idiots.
-Aaron
------------------------
Jordaxia:
War was good until you Yanks came along with your aircraft carriers and broke it.

Jordaxia:
"sir, there's a tank column approaching!"
Doesn't matter, I'll use my carrier!
*Carrier fucks tank column over*

Aegeus:
OMGNOEEEZ!
CorpSac
ESUS Danza Slap

Post by CorpSac »

or you could be really mean and Jump in a bunch of HST warheads and blow away most of the shivan fleet (well take out atlest the worldships) then we move in and take out the rest
Aegeus

Post by Aegeus »

Yeah, but how fun would it be to RP a race against time? i mean, come on, that would be the msot kickass premis there. now, of course, shivans make crappy roleplayers, but it doesnt matter, we can just eradicate them in cruel ESUS kickass style
Theology:
-Aaron
------------------------
Jordaxia:
War was good until you Yanks came along with your aircraft carriers and broke it.

Jordaxia:

Aegeus:
OMGNOEEEZ!
CorpSac
ESUS Danza Slap

Post by CorpSac »

Aegeus wrote:Yeah, but how fun would it be to RP a race against time? i mean, come on, that would be the msot kickass premis there. now, of course, shivans make crappy roleplayers, but it doesnt matter, we can just eradicate them in cruel ESUS kickass style
ya but a small problem with your plan is that FTLi fields take time to A ) get to full power and B ) to drop, i dont think a FTLi just vanishs when you turn it off and since your ship is at the center well you can see where it can go wrong

anyway i would rather have a massive battle (after destroying the worldships)
Aegeus

Post by Aegeus »

well yeah, massive battle with contingency plan, if we start loosing, we can keep FTLis around, and then let them die along with the rest of the shivans
Theology:
-Aaron
------------------------
Jordaxia:

Jordaxia:

Aegeus:
OMGNOEEEZ!
CorpSac
ESUS Danza Slap

Post by CorpSac »

Aegeus wrote:well yeah, massive battle with contingency plan, if we start loosing, we can keep FTLis around, and then let them die along with the rest of the shivans
then our people cant run away if we nova the sun as the FTLi is up, and if you drop it the shivans will still have there FTLi up, no destroy the worldships and jump in a massive force to deal with shivans, with the worldships lost and most likly other ships (with the right amount of HST warheads) they will be in chaos with basicly no leadership
Central Facehuggeria
Site Admin
Prefix: The Second Imperium of
Name: Central Facehuggeria

Post by Central Facehuggeria »

Hmm...Is there a way to encapsulate the star system in question? To isolate it from everything else, including other dimensions? We could trap the Shivans in a little pocket dimension or something, and just send nukes through until we've killed them all off.
"Please tell me that you haven't heard military gossip about a fleet of invisible battleplates."