UFGZ

A forum for in-character roleplay. (IC)
Kanuckistan
ESUS Testicle Monster

Post by Kanuckistan »

Mekanta wrote:Neo-Mekanta... Erm... Capable of creating and supporting over 75,000 warships at present without harming harvesting efforts. Number soon to increase drasticly.
Of course you do realise that being able to ICly justify something doesn't necessarily mean that it isn't still godmodding, right?
Wormia
Uber-Ancients
Prefix: The Grand Imperial Dominion of
Name: Penguenia

Post by Wormia »

Jordaxia wrote:eh? Mine totals 9000, including fighters...

But are you talking about a nation which would use good quality ships?
Fighters are entirely different though. China, today has about 4K fighters... so... that's not too crucial.

I do remember, though... when I first came on NS. Hell, even just a few months ago having fleets with double-digit thousands was beyond acceptance.

Then some n00b named Unified Sith came along...
The Federated Stellar Republics of Wormia
Chancellor George Thomas IV
View Wormia Here
Wormian Military Craft and Technology Specifications

"Nations have no friends, only interests."
Mekanta
ESUS Spambot
Prefix: The Eternal Empire of
Name: Jordaxia

Post by Mekanta »

Kanuckistan wrote:Of course you do realise that being able to ICly justify something doesn't necessarily mean that it isn't still godmodding, right?
Oh, normal-ish numbers are always used in individual RPs. Exception One: GZ. I'm stomping him mercilessly.

The numbers are just an IC reason why Minagoroshi's fleets can be in hundreds of different places at once.

Exception Two: You'll see... You'll all see... Gwahahahahahah!!!

US/IB isn't so bad in what he did... He was bad in how he did it. I'm going to prove that this kind of war isn't just possible without OOC-ish Wank (as opposed to Minagoroshi's IC based wank) it can be damn good.
Arizona Nova
GENTLEMEN, BEHOLD!
Prefix: The Reconstituted Kingdom
Name: Arizona Nova

Post by Arizona Nova »

I don't include fighters in fleet total - I verily make funny noises in derision at the idea. That'd be like counting F-14s when one is tallying up the number of ships in the Navy.
[center]Wit ye well, that when no good men remain to stand against those who choose evil, what will remain to restrain them from unleashing their dark designs?[/center]
~Anikar

{Back Burner}
Central Facehuggeria
Site Admin
Prefix: The Second Imperium of
Name: Central Facehuggeria

Post by Central Facehuggeria »

Arizona Nova wrote:I don't include fighters in fleet total - I verily make funny noises in derision at the idea. That'd be like counting F-14s when one is tallying up the number of ships in the Navy.
I concur. That's why I never ever calculated how many fighters I have total. I just assume that I have enough for every capital ship, garrison, and space-station. Unless specific circumstances dictate that a certain capital ship would have less (ie, being stranded in the middle of nowhere, or being part of an export order.)
"Please tell me that you haven't heard military gossip about a fleet of invisible battleplates."
Crossman
ESUS Teletubby Fan

Post by Crossman »

Central Facehuggeria wrote:GZ would be a decent RPer, if his tech didn't require you to sacrifice a bunny on the summer solstice while patting your tummy and head at the same time to reasonably defeat.

As it stands, he is a huge wanker.
I'll second that.
Crossman
ESUS Teletubby Fan

Post by Crossman »

Arizona Nova wrote:I don't include fighters in fleet total - I verily make funny noises in derision at the idea. That'd be like counting F-14s when one is tallying up the number of ships in the Navy.
I wouldn't think rational people would count fighters in their total of ships. But alas... some do. Which is one reason they're always ending up with uber-numbers of ships.
Shadow Tech
ESUS Teletubby Fan

Post by Shadow Tech »

Well am I supposed to say that my entire military fleet is composed of two ships?
Shadow Tech
"We splooge in your gene pool"
"In soviet ST ships choose you."
Central Facehuggeria
Site Admin
Prefix: The Second Imperium of
Name: Central Facehuggeria

Post by Central Facehuggeria »

Shadow Tech wrote:Well am I supposed to say that my entire military fleet is composed of two ships?
Two ships and several hundred/thousand/million fighters.
"Please tell me that you haven't heard military gossip about a fleet of invisible battleplates."
Aegeus

Post by Aegeus »

i mean, thats basically my military, a total of 40 capships ranging from 400m-1.4k, and my single mothership, the PoK at 21km. now, if i counted my fighters, i'de have soemthing like 2,000,040 ships. i got alot of fighters, and i even have backups (10% of my populations = Elcerophants. Elcerophant + Medeium quantity of energy = Elcerophant fighter)
Theology:
Quitters never win, winners never quit,
but those who never win AND never quit are idiots.
-Aaron
------------------------
Jordaxia:
War was good until you Yanks came along with your aircraft carriers and broke it.

Jordaxia:
"sir, there's a tank column approaching!"
Doesn't matter, I'll use my carrier!
*Carrier fucks tank column over*

Aegeus:
OMGNOEEEZ!