Worries and Issues...

A forum for in-character roleplay. (IC)
Neo-Kalandria
ESUS Teletubby Fan

Post by Neo-Kalandria »

Well obviously, a Civil War would require a lot of planning, heavy rules, so don't cross it out.

Seriously, a feasible Civil War means feasible reason, so we'd need to crap out a near excellent reason.

Stay open :)
Central Facehuggeria
Site Admin
Prefix: The Second Imperium of
Name: Central Facehuggeria

Post by Central Facehuggeria »

The only reason for why I approve of feigning a civil war is that we could get a chance to nab our enemies in an unprovoked attack, giving us the perfect reason to go in and enslave the lot of em.
"Please tell me that you haven't heard military gossip about a fleet of invisible battleplates."
DemonLordEnigma
The Mindset's Bitch

Post by DemonLordEnigma »

It would also require a lot of time to set up. We need fake RPs of a falling out.
Penguenia
ESUS Testicle Monster

Post by Penguenia »

If we had a civil war (real or fake), I've got an idea that a group of our member nations feel that the alliance should have more rigid rules of conformity to radical views such as imperializing in the name of the ESUS and oppressing lesser races, while the loyalists (some of whom may share some radical views, but like it the way it is) try to maintain the status quo of not interfering with member nations sovereignty.
Penguenia
Neo-Kalandria
ESUS Teletubby Fan

Post by Neo-Kalandria »

Penguenia wrote:If we had a civil war (real or fake), I've got an idea that a group of our member nations feel that the alliance should have more rigid rules of conformity to radical views such as imperializing in the name of the ESUS and oppressing lesser races, while the loyalists (some of whom may share some radical views, but like it the way it is) try to maintain the status quo of not interfering with member nations sovereignty.
I like that idea, obviously a serious Civil War would be set up so that eventually the "good guys" win and we all come back and everything.

Basically, fall out, division, fight, and we're all back together. What I'm talking about though is that if we take a Civil War seriously, both sides can use it to seriously damage enemies of the ESUS by dragging them into it and breaking them :twisted:
DemonLordEnigma
The Mindset's Bitch

Penguenia wrote:If we had a civil war (real or fake), I've got an idea that a group of our member nations feel that the alliance should have more rigid rules of conformity to radical views such as imperializing in the name of the ESUS and oppressing lesser races, while the loyalists (some of whom may share some radical views, but like it the way it is) try to maintain the status quo of not interfering with member nations sovereignty.
But is it believable?
Neo-Kalandria
ESUS Teletubby Fan

Post by Neo-Kalandria »

How is it not? Perfectly legit. Many worlds may see strengthening regulations as an invasion of sovereignty, which is a perfectly legit excuse.
DemonLordEnigma
The Mindset's Bitch

Neo-Kalandria wrote:How is it not? Perfectly legit. Many worlds may see strengthening regulations as an invasion of sovereignty, which is a perfectly legit excuse.
I'm just asking if they would believe it from their interactions with ESUS.
Neo-Kalandria
ESUS Teletubby Fan

Post by Neo-Kalandria »

Easy, the movement for tighter restrictions within the ESUS is gaining momentum and is within the reach of legislation, which has a healthy chance of passing.

Distraught, several member worlds threat secession as permitted by the constitution/charter. The legislation is passed, and Civil War follows.

Tada.
DemonLordEnigma
The Mindset's Bitch

What you need is a scapegoat nation, some youngster who causes the whole mess with their attempts to learn and adjust to being in the group. Preferably, someone who joined very recently.