That Halo thing I'm building. Now's your chance. Ruin it!

A forum for in-character roleplay. (IC)
Jordaxia
Mecha Maniac

That Halo thing I'm building. Now's your chance. Ruin it!

Post by Jordaxia »

As pretty much everyone knows, for the last six months I've been building a big halo, without galaxy destroying tendancies. This is the last month before it has a grand opening ceremony, and for any nations that want to get in on the act and do something... evil... to my pride and joy, such as steal it, or blow up its oceans, or similar, this is the only time to do such a thing. ICly, Carthage colonists will be settling within the next few days (a few are there now, the bulk comes over the next week.)

A few things you need to know, should you decide to ruin my day (with my approval, of course.)

The orbital is spun to simulate plutoid gravity, so bring along PGGs.
Atmosphere is Earth standard.
The orbital consists primarily of huge industrial segments which work to keep everything running smoothly.
There is a large research contingent which are secretly on the orbital, and have a kind of black mesa facility, without the extra-dimensional specialty. Their facility, however, would be a tough nut to crack. but good fun.

Before the orbital was redesignated a human settlement area, and not a mining facility as originally intended, a large amount of mining equipment was brought on board, and installed. We're talking a slow version of the World Devastator here, and given enough time, can eat a planet, so it is a limited version of a superweapon, I s'pose. They can only be brought online in the research facility though.
It has a large network of gridspheres and gravitational shields. In the event of a siege, it can dive down into the grid, where it would be impervious to attack. Due to hideous amounts of energy required, it can only do this once every three RL weeks. It can surface at a moments notice, however, as energy acquisition in the grid is easy. To counter this, it cannot be contacted by the universe at large unless another ship dives down to meet it and relays info, and can only remain dived for an RL week at the very very most.

anyway, anyone who is interested in getting involved in this over the festive season, just respond here, and I'll try to work something out.

(Arizona, was it you who said you were interested first? There's enough room for several parties anyway.)
"Don't imitate anyone, even if they're admirable. When things lose their individuality, they descend into chaos. The thing you should fear most is the loss of your individuality. Disregard advancement. Live by your own truth. Preserve what is genuine within yourself."
-Guo Xiang.

I hate ST warp core drives! They're like; "hi, I'm basic physics. Care to FUCK ME IN THE ARSE?" -Me.
Arenumberg
Prefix: The Sophiacracy
Name: Arenumberg

Post by Arenumberg »

Im Interested in anything that results in death and huge explosions!
Jordaxia
Mecha Maniac

Post by Jordaxia »

Death and huge explosions? Don't ask for much, eh? Death can be done. After all, the majority of residents on the orbital are either scientists or hapless civilians. They usually die quickly. Except there is one scientist, goes by the name of G. Freeman. Might be problematic.

And, the highest level of explosion I'll allow is high end nuclear, with extremely limited usage. I don't intend for this to become a nuke slinging contest, but they will be allowed as plot demands.

shall I put you down as "damned malevolant Shivans trying to ruin my stuff again, so Freeman kicks their arse with a toaster and a gravity gun."?

Or was this a cruel joke. Freeman is, anyway. I have no such invincible combat scientist.
"Don't imitate anyone, even if they're admirable. When things lose their individuality, they descend into chaos. The thing you should fear most is the loss of your individuality. Disregard advancement. Live by your own truth. Preserve what is genuine within yourself."
-Guo Xiang.

I hate ST warp core drives! They're like; "hi, I'm basic physics. Care to FUCK ME IN THE ARSE?" -Me.
Arenumberg

Post by Arenumberg »

the damned malevolant bit, yes, just add "completely take over my thing and run away with it" .. or not, lol, but yes, count me in! And! where are you? (Uni?)
Jordaxia
Mecha Maniac

Post by Jordaxia »

Yeah, I'm at uni at the moment, got a bloody class in 20 minuten.

You'd steal it? It doesn't have engines of its own, but it was designed to be able to enhance whatever FTL signature other ships tugging it would use in order to pull it along. It was assembled in segments, though.
Ok, I'll add you to the imaginary list.

I'll try to get access to a proper connection soon, but no guarantees. I think I heard my entire family (including extended) blaming it on you, but I have no proof. Nevermind.
-Guo Xiang.

Arenumberg

Post by Arenumberg »

Blame what on me? :O
Underwater Asylum
ESUS Teletubby Fan

Post by Underwater Asylum »

I'd like to steal it as well. Time to get the Ark out.
Leader of the SCC. I also command a legion of monkeys.
Blademasters
Site Admin

Post by Blademasters »

can I blow it up? pwetty pwease? I'll buy you a new one (under the table of course)
"The Avalanche has already started. It is too late for the pebbles to vote."
-The Vorlons

"Great Spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds"
-Albert Einstein

"Few people realize that the line between sanity and insanity is actually made of cheese." -Anonymous

"If you need a subspace transceiver to radio your engine room, you might be wanking"
-Capsule Corp
Arenumberg

Post by Arenumberg »

Buy yourself one and blow it up...
Jordaxia
Mecha Maniac

Post by Jordaxia »

I'd rather it wasn't blown up, but not blown up isn't very specific. I may have said that the largest explosion I'll allow is high end nuclear, but I meant Future nuclear weapons, continent kill capability. As long as it's pretty clean. I'm not opposed to it resembling scorched Earth, especially if it runs over a while (if it runs into the opening date of the orbital the military will turn up and add an element, but given the secrecy it'll be veeeery limited. I'm still the weakest faction in this thing, even though it's my bloody ring. I think I'll have superior security forces than I planned in the research facility.

3 interesteds. Not so shabby. When I get back to the permament connection I'll start this thing properly. That's within the next week or so.
-Guo Xiang.