A Modest Proposal

Debate decisions by ESUS senate here. (IC)

What say ye?

Yes - this is a good idea
48%
No
37%
Abstain
15%

Total votes: 27

The Mindset
Prefix: Den interstellera republik av
Name: The Mindset

A Modest Proposal

Post by The Mindset »

I propose that as an amendment to the ESUS constitution, or rather, an OOC guideline, that all ESUS members have a mandatory link to the ESUS forums in their signature on the NS forums. This will have a twofold advantage: one, through your quality roleplaying, others who perhaps don't know how to find our forums can do so, and two, advertise the alliance as a whole.

I feel this is a far more subtle method of advertising the ESUS than a garish recruitment thread. We need to show NS FT that the ESUS, while a sleeping giant, is nonetheless very much alive. There's also dozens of new roleplayers who probably have no idea what we are.

This is what I propose:

Code: Select all

[align=right][url=http://www.esusalliance.co.uk/forums/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=3074]ESUS Alliance Member[/url][/align]
This will render as:
[right]ESUS Alliance Member[/right]

It's small and unobtrusive. I propose making this mandatory rather than voluntary as it currently is.

You can change your signature by visting the NS forum, clicking "User Control Panel" then the "profile" tab, then the "edit signature" option at the left hand side.
Arizona Nova
GENTLEMEN, BEHOLD!
Prefix: The Reconstituted Kingdom
Name: Arizona Nova

Re: A Modest Proposal

Post by Arizona Nova »

I've been doing this for years and there is no excuse for you buggers not to.

No wrapping it in a spoiler tag either. :evil:
[center]Wit ye well, that when no good men remain to stand against those who choose evil, what will remain to restrain them from unleashing their dark designs?[/center]
~Anikar

{Back Burner}
Telros
ESUS Danza Slap
Prefix: The Dominion of
Name: Telros

Post by Telros »

I'm not doing much with my sig, so I'm fine with it. I'll have it up soon.
Pyramid Facehugger would be fucking brutal. I don't know if I'll ever get to sleep with the thought of that genocidal rape behemoth rampaging through the large-eyed schoolgirls swimming in a sea of biceps that populate my subconscious.

Oh you're starving? WELL FUCK YOU THEN, HADUKEN!
-- Proof that the Old Testament God was a dick.
Sskiss
ESUS Testicle Monster
Prefix: The Great Therapodian Empire of
Name: The Sskiss

Post by Sskiss »

My computer skills aren't the greatest. I mean I still cannot add to the ESUSwiki without someone helping me out. So as a result, someone will have to do it for me if possible.

EDIT: Well... I seems I was able to do it.... Wow....
"The Sskiss are prepared to share all - All that YOU have, that is!"

"Life is like a fresh kill, eat as much as you can before it all rots"

"Our blood drenched clade shall reclaim what is rightfully ours - and so wrongly taken from us by a whim of fate"
Allanea
Silly Forum Johnnie

Post by Allanea »

It is part of the Constitution that no member, not even Mindset I think, is authorised to speak for all of ESUS. These signatures will make it appear - FALSELY SO - that we act in some form of alliance capacity.
The Mindset
Prefix: Den interstellera republik av
Name: The Mindset

Post by The Mindset »

I can't see how that could be read from an innocuous statement about your membership.
Telros
ESUS Danza Slap
Prefix: The Dominion of
Name: Telros

Post by Telros »

...wut?

Also, um, the signature is an OOC thing, Allanea, not an IC thing. So unless you are joking, you have gotten the wrong idea here.
Pyramid Facehugger would be fucking brutal. I don't know if I'll ever get to sleep with the thought of that genocidal rape behemoth rampaging through the large-eyed schoolgirls swimming in a sea of biceps that populate my subconscious.

Oh you're starving? WELL FUCK YOU THEN, HADUKEN!
-- Proof that the Old Testament God was a dick.
Arizona Nova
GENTLEMEN, BEHOLD!
Prefix: The Reconstituted Kingdom
Name: Arizona Nova

Post by Arizona Nova »

Allanea wrote:It is part of the Constitution that no member, not even Mindset I think, is authorised to speak for all of ESUS. These signatures will make it appear - FALSELY SO - that we act in some form of alliance capacity.
It would be if the link read "ESUS thinks the IRON should die!" so unless you put that in the link you're in the clear, I don't see the problem here Image

EDIT: Unless you're some kind of commy ashamed to be ESUSian

VVV
[center]Wit ye well, that when no good men remain to stand against those who choose evil, what will remain to restrain them from unleashing their dark designs?[/center]
~Anikar

{Back Burner}
Derscon
ESUS Spambot
Prefix: The Amaranthine Imperium of
Name: Derscon

Post by Derscon »

Eh. I don't put gameplay information in my signature anyway, so... no. :P
Last edited by Online link [Validator] on Mon Jul 20, 2009 12:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
We always have been, we are, and I hope that we always shall be detested in France. ~ Sir Arthur Wellesley, Duke of Wellington
"Everywhere you prod it, even with the shortest stick, the established system isn't simply corrupt, it's unequivocally putrescent. The law is created by demonstrable criminals, enforced by demonstrable criminals, interpreted by demonstrable criminals, all for demonstrably criminal purposes. Of course I'm above the law. And so are you." (L. Neil Smith) "
La perfection est atteinte non quand il ne reste rien à ajouter, mais quand il ne reste rien à enlever.
SR-2091
The Mindset's Bitch

Post by SR-2091 »

Hmmm, this raises an interesting conundrum. See, I'm not actually in the ESUS. I haven't been for a few years, not since 2005/2006 (The years blur), but earlier today I received a notification requesting that I vote on this proposal. So...what the heck?

As such, my vote is to formally rename the ESUS to the Galactic Alliance, instate Klonor as Leader for Life, and to require all members to end every day with a debate on Isaac Asimov, Halo, Star Wars, and Red vs Blue.

Failing that, I abstain for obvious reasons.