Proposal: Terra No Longer Exists

Debate decisions by ESUS senate here. (IC)

Should this measure be passed?

Yes
15%
No
54%
Abstain
31%

Total votes: 13

Derscon
ESUS Spambot
Prefix: The Amaranthine Imperium of
Name: Derscon

Re: Proposal: Terra No Longer Exists

Post by Derscon »

Being the nation that, in 2004, wiped TFU off the face of the Earth itself ( in an actual RP), and then, in 2009, obliterated them from the galaxy (via the IC context of the ignore)...

I vote no.

The way the Senate works is if this measure passes via majority vote, all have to oblidge. If you recall my original thread in Jolt, it was to provide an IC context for the ignore. I made no attempt to hide the fact it was, in fact, an ignore. Ultimately, ignores and the like are OOC actions and must be left to the individual player to decide. The fact that all members of Hermes happened to agree to the proposal doesn't change the fact that they were the individuals acting, not the alliance as a whole.
We always have been, we are, and I hope that we always shall be detested in France. ~ Sir Arthur Wellesley, Duke of Wellington
"Everywhere you prod it, even with the shortest stick, the established system isn't simply corrupt, it's unequivocally putrescent. The law is created by demonstrable criminals, enforced by demonstrable criminals, interpreted by demonstrable criminals, all for demonstrably criminal purposes. Of course I'm above the law. And so are you." (L. Neil Smith) "
La perfection est atteinte non quand il ne reste rien à ajouter, mais quand il ne reste rien à enlever.
Kostemetsia
ESUS Spambot
Prefix: The Commonwealth of
Name: Kostemetsia

Post by Kostemetsia »

I have always thought the ESUS operated a little like the UN. Enforcement would be iffy - and if and when the protocol was actually enforced would entirely be the business of member nations, because it's more fun to RP like that with most proposals. Correct me if I'm wrong - this is also my response to you, by the way, Kanuck.

Aren, the first paragraph of your statement confuses me a little. I'm not writing TFU out of existence, Hermes is. Several other political groups also recognise it simply because of TFU's nature IC, and a number of individual nations recognise it because of his OOC attitude. More people recognise his destruction, in fact, than don't, and I'm suggesting we simply follow suit.

Mindset, more seriously, I like to think I'm basing this entirely on TFU's actions in-character. The repercussions out of character have probably somewhat affected my judgment, true, but I feel there's ample in-character evidence to suggest it would be a good idea to ignore him. The entire library of said evidence, however, is at Jolt, where my account no longer exists and as such I can't use the search function - so I can't access anything bar Derscon's address on the subject: http://forums.joltonline.com/showthread.php?t=594756
[center]Image
God hasn't played dice with the universe since that fateful drunken night when he lost classical mechanics to the devil at craps.[/center]
Arenumberg
Prefix: The Sophiacracy
Name: Arenumberg

Post by Arenumberg »

No, You see, your rewriting history by taking something that happened over 2 months ago and incorporating it <now> into your national outlook.

I will also, with much hilarity and irony, remind you that Hermes ignore of TFU was in itself, a godmod of epic fail proportions.

But then again, Derscon has always disappointed me, he just doesnt know how to please women.
Kostemetsia
ESUS Spambot

Post by Kostemetsia »

I haven't had an official stance on TFU for six months. The news of his destruction has simply reached me now, rather than two months ago when it happened.
[center]Image
God hasn't played dice with the universe since that fateful drunken night when he lost classical mechanics to the devil at craps.[/center]
Arenumberg

Post by Arenumberg »

News has just reached me that Kost has managed to reform, Sorry I dont recognize this.

See what I did there.
Kostemetsia
ESUS Spambot

Post by Kostemetsia »

You know, I don't think I've ever mentioned how immensely childish the random-unprovoked-snark method of debate invariably comes off as.
[center]Image
Arenumberg

Post by Arenumberg »

Whilst I think I've made the idiocy of this base OOC senate proposal readily apparent.

Please dont try and claim your not "rewriting history" when you are "rewriting history". "You play with all of IRON or non at all".

Oh, quick, better retcon the RP where TFU and one of CC's colonies you know, met!
Derscon
ESUS Spambot
Prefix: The Amaranthine Imperium of
Name: Derscon

Post by Derscon »

*nvm, not worth it*
Last edited by Online link [Validator] on Fri Jul 24, 2009 4:23 am, edited 3 times in total.
We always have been, we are, and I hope that we always shall be detested in France. ~ Sir Arthur Wellesley, Duke of Wellington
"Everywhere you prod it, even with the shortest stick, the established system isn't simply corrupt, it's unequivocally putrescent. The law is created by demonstrable criminals, enforced by demonstrable criminals, interpreted by demonstrable criminals, all for demonstrably criminal purposes. Of course I'm above the law. And so are you." (L. Neil Smith) "
La perfection est atteinte non quand il ne reste rien à ajouter, mais quand il ne reste rien à enlever.
Kostemetsia
ESUS Spambot

Post by Kostemetsia »

You want to ask Trailers about his ignore policy, ask Trailers about his ignore policy - although I do massively appreciate it, and I do massively appreciate the compliment that you think I could answer anything to do with it.

And I don't wish to speculate uselessly on TFU's RP history.
[center]Image
Arenumberg

Post by Arenumberg »

I wasn't expecting you to provide "an answer on the ignore policy" - I was simply demonstrating it will involve retcon (therefore history rewrite) - Merely proving my point. Unless the situation goes back to normal by the end of the week, I guess.

Also, Derscon, I don't hate everyone.