Amendment to the constitution of the ESUS

Debate decisions by ESUS senate here. (IC)
Arenumberg
Prefix: The Sophiacracy
Name: Arenumberg

Re: Amendment to the constitution of the ESUS

Post by Arenumberg »

It also opens up a whole new mess, if two ESUS members run off and make a statement declaring ESUS the candy making capital of the galaxy and they will now coat Earth in Marzipan, or something, they can speak for the whole alliance - because its not a single member..

I think the common sense rule has worked fine this long, it should be able to continue doing so.
The Cerberus Alliance
ESUS Nipple-o-rama
Prefix: The Reclusive Protectorate of
Name: The Cerberus Alliance

Post by The Cerberus Alliance »

Arenumberg wrote:It also opens up a whole new mess, if two ESUS members run off and make a statement declaring ESUS the candy making capital of the galaxy and they will now coat Earth in Marzipan, or something, they can speak for the whole alliance - because its not a single member..

I think the common sense rule has worked fine this long, it should be able to continue doing so.
Okay, so no one may speak for the ESUS as a whole without a unanimous agreement from the ESUS on what will be said and the actions that will be required as a result of that statement?
This won't end well.
Siesatia
ESUS Testicle Monster
Prefix: The Unified Worlds of
Name: Siesatia

Post by Siesatia »

The Cerberus Alliance wrote:
Arenumberg wrote:It also opens up a whole new mess, if two ESUS members run off and make a statement declaring ESUS the candy making capital of the galaxy and they will now coat Earth in Marzipan, or something, they can speak for the whole alliance - because its not a single member..

Okay, so no one may speak for the ESUS as a whole without a unanimous agreement from the ESUS on what will be said and the actions that will be required as a result of that statement?
So all it would take is one member who felt like a dick that day and didn't agree with everyone elses politics and we're fucked on that count too...
Dear god... No more 5 year old Signature...

Proud ESUS Member since '04
Arizona Nova
GENTLEMEN, BEHOLD!
Prefix: The Reconstituted Kingdom
Name: Arizona Nova

Post by Arizona Nova »

Siesatia wrote:
The Cerberus Alliance wrote:

So all it would take is one member who felt like a dick that day and didn't agree with everyone elses politics and we're fucked on that count too...
If a member feels like a dick, to us in particular, I don't think our constitution saying "OH NO YOU DON'T" is going to stop them, quite frankly. As is, we're just going to ensure that this alliance is even more helpless to take IC action while not erecting any real safeguards against abuse.

Seriously, you're all worried about exceptions when the rule could be far worse for us.
[center]Wit ye well, that when no good men remain to stand against those who choose evil, what will remain to restrain them from unleashing their dark designs?[/center]
~Anikar

{Back Burner}
Kostemetsia
ESUS Spambot
Prefix: The Commonwealth of
Name: Kostemetsia

Post by Kostemetsia »

Commonsense rules allow us to kick more ass. Hence, I vote in favour of keeping the 'no misrepresentation of the ESUS' rule uncodified, but otherwise vote in favour of the amendments to the constitution.
[center]Image
God hasn't played dice with the universe since that fateful drunken night when he lost classical mechanics to the devil at craps.[/center]
Naggeroth
ESUS Teletubby Fan
Prefix: The Empire of
Name: Naggeroth

Post by Naggeroth »

Kostemetsia wrote:Commonsense rules allow us to kick more ass. Hence, I vote in favour of keeping the 'no misrepresentation of the ESUS' rule uncodified, but otherwise vote in favour of the amendments to the constitution.
I agree with this assesment. It is sexy.
Solar Communes
ESUS Testicle Monster
Prefix: The Confederation of
Name: Solar Communes

Post by Solar Communes »

If it's already practice de facto, making it de jure is irrelevant and besides, it may open a trend for future amendments that could harm the interests of the Confederation and of other libertarian members of the ESUS. Therefore we vote against this amendment.
ESUS: And with strange Eons, even Death may Die
Trailers
Take Off Every Zig For Great Justice!
Prefix: The Glorious Hellenic Empire
Name: Trailers

Post by Trailers »

I vote we elevate TM to the status of Godhood and surrender our will to him, for he is holy and ineffable.

Also, what am I supposed to do with all this Marzipan now that Aren declassified my master agenda?
Traileric Empire

Guide our souls to the Elysium Fields
Bear us home upon our shields
Lay coins across our brows and sound the bells
We're paying our fare on the river to Hell
And when our sons and mothers lay us upon the funeral pyre
Tell them we died Hellenic soldiers with our faces to the fire
The Mindset
Prefix: Den interstellera republik av
Name: The Mindset

Post by The Mindset »

Oh man, I totally forgot about this thread.