...as the footsteps of doom!

General debate and discussion. (OOC)
Central Facehuggeria
Site Admin
Prefix: The Second Imperium of
Name: Central Facehuggeria

Re: ...as the footsteps of doom!

Post by Central Facehuggeria »

Arizona Nova wrote:Some of you may not like this ending but this is how we had it planned out since time immemorial; my endless grad school BS just got in the way.

grad school

*twitch*
That it's a long-reaching plan doesn't mean that it's a good plan. It always rather reeked of DEM and Aren's need to be "zomg, betterer!" While introducing yet another furry species into the alliance.

That furriness being the most objectionable thing about the plan, of course. We need some good old fashioned fursecution.

:P
"Please tell me that you haven't heard military gossip about a fleet of invisible battleplates."
Arizona Nova
GENTLEMEN, BEHOLD!
Prefix: The Reconstituted Kingdom
Name: Arizona Nova

Post by Arizona Nova »

Central Facehuggeria wrote: That furriness being the most objectionable thing about the plan, of course. We need some good old fashioned fursecution.

:P
Thats only in one half of IS, you understand. Without undermining or belittling Rachel's plans, society in Arizona Nova is about to be radically adjusted. Aside from the massive reforms that will follow on the tale of this war, the Kaleesh Century is nigh. :P
[center]Wit ye well, that when no good men remain to stand against those who choose evil, what will remain to restrain them from unleashing their dark designs?[/center]
~Anikar

{Back Burner}
Arenumberg
Prefix: The Sophiacracy
Name: Arenumberg

Post by Arenumberg »

If you want to rail against me doing something original, no, it is, go ahead.

Im just moving away from being Elvish because all i ever get is crap for it.
Central Facehuggeria
Site Admin

Arenumberg wrote:If you want to rail against me doing something original, no, it is, go ahead.

Im just moving away from being Elvish because all i ever get is crap for it.
I remember a relevant anecdote -

Klonor once felt that his special forces were cliche. As I recall, they were super soldiers with all sorts of space-marine like genetic enhancements.

To counter this, he decided to eliminate those special forces, and instead went with a group he called the "Jai."

These Jai were mystical warrior-monks who fought with energy swords, wore robes, and had mental abilities.

He'd traded one cliche for another.

And yes, from what you told me, I still think these Space Centaur are cliche. Pacifist super-psychic elder races are a dime a dozen in sci-fi. In fact, I'm not even all that sure what the difference is between them and the elves besides the purely physical. I mean, they're both psychic, both [relatively] pacifist, both concerned for aesthetics over practicality, both "highly" advanced, etc etc.

Also, furries. FURRIES ENGENDER FURY IN ME! :x
"Please tell me that you haven't heard military gossip about a fleet of invisible battleplates."
Arizona Nova
GENTLEMEN, BEHOLD!
Prefix: The Reconstituted Kingdom
Name: Arizona Nova

Post by Arizona Nova »

Originality for one man is a cliche for another. One could say that super-militaristic xenophobic societies that have high esteem for huge power armor is the biggest cliche of all!

Anyway you're making a fairly harsh judgement of the Taurvar when you've seen only the tip of the iceberg.
[center]Wit ye well, that when no good men remain to stand against those who choose evil, what will remain to restrain them from unleashing their dark designs?[/center]
~Anikar

{Back Burner}
Solar Communes
ESUS Testicle Monster
Prefix: The Confederation of
Name: Solar Communes

Post by Solar Communes »

The problem is not with form, but with essence. It doesn't matter how a species looks like or is named if it is just a variant of Tolkienesque or Trekkie Lore regarding personality. I doubt anyone could RP elves that don't behave like cliché elves though. With humans, I am the most original because Solarians are too good to be human and to need governments. In fact they are overally so nice with other humans that such is their greatest weakness. Don't let their Nets deceive you, for beyond Anonymous personas and all sort of freakish paraphilias there are loving and caring people who are drawn to help the downtrodden humans of the multiverse... no matter how ethically questionable are the means they use to achieve such ends.
ESUS: And with strange Eons, even Death may Die
The Cerberus Alliance
ESUS Nipple-o-rama
Prefix: The Reclusive Protectorate of
Name: The Cerberus Alliance

Post by The Cerberus Alliance »

Hmmm... I wonder if now would be the right time to have a malfunction trigger in my FTL.

I mean, there's been a lot of fluctuations in the nature of space within the system. There's no telling what'll cause an accident with some experimental equipment.

Dammit, I almost take too much delight in planning misfortune for my own forces. :lol:
This won't end well.
Central Facehuggeria
Site Admin

Arizona Nova wrote:Originality for one man is a cliche for another. One could say that super-militaristic xenophobic societies that have high esteem for huge power armor is the biggest cliche of all!
Yes it is! And I love the cliche! I revel in it! :D
Anyway you're making a fairly harsh judgement of the Taurvar when you've seen only the tip of the iceberg.
I'm basing my opinion on what I've seen. Maybe I'll be wrong and they'll turn out not to be fail.
Kanuckistan
ESUS Testicle Monster

Post by Kanuckistan »

Solar Communes wrote:...I am the most original...

Ego much? :P
Solar Communes
ESUS Testicle Monster
Prefix: The Confederation of
Name: Solar Communes

Post by Solar Communes »

Kanuckistan wrote:
Solar Communes wrote:...I am the most original...

Ego much? :P
You need to readjust your sarcasm detector
ESUS: And with strange Eons, even Death may Die